grey bars at Bspec driver skills???

Chris_Leeman
Hi...

I let my Bobs drive some endurance races.
After a few ones I spot some grey colored parts at tbe several driving skills.
What does it mean???
It seams that the Bob can' t reach his full level...

Can somebody help?

Doesn't it say experience (not the same as EXP points) or career bar? once this bar fills you will likely have to retire your driver (as they get super slow) so dont worry about not filling it.

There is a thread here somewhere talking about having to retire drivers.

Each bar represents how far your driver has to go before he reaches either maximum skill available i.e. for braking, cornering etc or for his career (I think 500 races, but not sure).

These bars will go up vey slowly but surely after each race, sometimes it is not physically possible to actually see the change, because it is so small.

My best B spec driver is level 26 and his 'speed', 'cornering' and 'brakes' bar are only about 40-60%.

Is this what you mean..??

I'm not quite for sure what happend to his skills.
Your right...he gets his exp there slowly.
But I've got here the green colored bar...and at the end of it there is a part grey colored. But he didn't reaches the maximum at this skill.

I'm sorry, I don't know, each of his attributes goes up slowly but surely after each race he has participated in..

I don't really understand what it is you are looking at - maybe you could post a screen shot??

Maybe someone else knows.......???

Sorry..

Hi.. I have this with a bob thats reached the end of his career. Presuming as they reach the end they are older and lose there skills the most noticable was the speed on my bob but by the end (completing the gray bar) all the bars had declined. You will notice if you use him after career is over he's horribly slow. Time for retirement ;)

Are those photos taken from after a race? If so then thats normal, thats what your driver has gained in each area from completing the race.

No the photos are taken at the Bspec driver overview, in the GT5 main menu.

If the photos were taken after a race...the gained exp will appear in green also...flashing green.

It seems that my driver reaches his maximum at the specific area.

That is very strange. I can only guess he must be losing those little grey bits, getting worse. Oh god bob, not worse......

Hi.. I have this with a bob thats reached the end of his career. Presuming as they reach the end they are older and lose there skills the most noticable was the speed on my bob but by the end (completing the gray bar) all the bars had declined. You will notice if you use him after career is over he's horribly slow. Time for retirement ;)

Yes, I think this is the reason, it's time to hang up the helmet...

Well i noticed this last night on one of my drivers, but like yours he was "depressed" so i wonder if that gray bit will cure itself when he gets some prozac or something in a few races time. Never noticed it before with depressed drivers however, i wonder if is a super depression or just them having gotten too old or whatever.

Well after more B-specing I've come accross this gray bar too.

I've got two drivers with their career bars filled to 90% or so, they're my oldest drivers, level 31 or so. They are the only drivers with these gray bars, which seem permenent. I've done race after race and the gray bars havent been reduced, they might be growing.

I'm fairly certain that this is just a measure of the drivers lost performance, as they reach max experience (career bar).

I'm now focusing on training my young drivers, as they have much more potential than my other drivers.
I'm going to try to get the green bars to fill fast and the career bar to fill slow.

Last edited:
Back