GT-R GT3 and R8 LMS/Ultra Question

• Thread starter RothLord
  • 1 comments
Canada
Canada
RothIord
This is a sort of unconventional question as it pertains to the stock setup rather than how to change from stock.

Firstly the GT-R - I have the anniversary version and I have the say the default spring ranges are absolute crap but my opinion isn't important. What is, is do the Base, N24 and RJN versions have the same default springs of -

Front: 20.25 - 39.72
Rear: 8.24 - 15.80

Now about the R8 LMS Ultra and how it compares to the non-ultra LMS. I remember in GT5 the Regular LMS was one of the most balanced LM/GT cars I had. And I cannot say the same for the LMS Ultra on GT6. So strictly GT6 speaking - how does the LMS and LMS Ultra compare in balance and driveability. To help my only real concern with the Ultra is the sudden snap oversteer between the apex and the exit which occurs even with 0 throttle almost as if somebody spins it like a top (I get this with the NSK GT500 and Garaiya GT300 as well).

The reason I ask these is that I canot justify buying several million in cars just the find out the hard way. I already went through every JGTC car most LMPs and many GT/TC cars only to dump most and keep the ones I liked. (And money making in GT6 has turned into how many times can you handle the Red Bull challenge or Nurb 24min grind).

So if anybody owns the cars in question and can answer that would be great and thanks in advance.

This is a sort of unconventional question as it pertains to the stock setup rather than how to change from stock.

Firstly the GT-R - I have the anniversary version and I have the say the default spring ranges are absolute crap but my opinion isn't important. What is, is do the Base, N24 and RJN versions have the same default springs of -

Front: 20.25 - 39.72
Rear: 8.24 - 15.80

Now about the R8 LMS Ultra and how it compares to the non-ultra LMS. I remember in GT5 the Regular LMS was one of the most balanced LM/GT cars I had. And I cannot say the same for the LMS Ultra on GT6. So strictly GT6 speaking - how does the LMS and LMS Ultra compare in balance and driveability. To help my only real concern with the Ultra is the sudden snap oversteer between the apex and the exit which occurs even with 0 throttle almost as if somebody spins it like a top (I get this with the NSK GT500 and Garaiya GT300 as well).

The reason I ask these is that I canot justify buying several million in cars just the find out the hard way. I already went through every JGTC car most LMPs and many GT/TC cars only to dump most and keep the ones I liked. (And money making in GT6 has turned into how many times can you handle the Red Bull challenge or Nurb 24min grind).

So if anybody owns the cars in question and can answer that would be great and thanks in advance.
i'll have a look on all GT-R version to confirm
if i remember correctly all GT-R with GT3 in the name have the same front spring range
RJN too, i must have a look to N24 and one more

for the R8 and some other cars, i've the same problem
since 1.09 or 1.08 a lot of cars are doing that violent snap/spin at low speed corner
take the corner idling at 90 KM/H no problem
take it the same way at 60 KM/H, the rear violently snap
i don't understand, ther is not much body car movement involved
it's like suddenly your rear wheels are covered by oil ..

Back