GT4 WRS Week 184 : Official Results

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 23 comments

Sjaak

GTP_Race Admin
Netherlands
The Netherlands
GTP_Sjaak
Congrats to all golds and the div winners.
crx1299:tup:,Denur 👍 and Andy:tup:.
Thanks guys for all your submissions and kind words,hope to see you all in the new GTP_WRS.

Week 184 Results:
CLK Touring Car '00 @ Trail Mountain Reverse

img0000uq6.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 1:17.483 - crx1299
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:17.784 - arora
    gflagjn4.gif

1:18.000 ----- Gold
  3. 1:18.368 - Jake

Division 2:

1. 1:18.147 - Denur
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:18.260 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 1:18.553 - xrad
    gflagjn4.gif

1:19.000 ----- Gold
  4. 1:19.486 - 01GTP
  5. 1:19.772 - MadMax86
  6. 1:19.777 - sjaak68
    1:20.000 ----- Bronze
  7. 1:21.224 - gtbadboy

Division 3:

1. 1:20.154 - Andy2125
    gflagjn4.gif

1:21.000 ----- Gold
  2. 1:22.591 - bigracer
    1:23.000 ----- Bronze
  3. 1:23.969 - peterjford

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing-Hard and that the power is 443 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all other gold winners. This was an amazing last GT4 WRS for which I spend most of my Sunday (good thing the Brasil F1 race started late). :dopey:

A special thanx to Jerry and Sjaak who made the WRS possible (while I participated in the WRS). 👍

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• WRS184 Denur PAL.max
    23.2 KB · Views: 21
Congrats to crx1299, Denur and Andy for their division wins. 👍

Congrats also to arora and xrad for their golds.

Some competitive racing here in D2. I was hoping to get into the 1:17's, but I could only manage a sub 14.5 T1 a small portion of the time and could never finish the lap.

Still, had a great time with this one and a fitting finish to GT4 WRS.

Hope to see all the familiar faces over at Prologue WRS.

My NTSC replay is attached.

:cheers:
Kevin

Attachments

• EDK_WRS_184.max
    25 KB · Views: 11
Many congrats to all winners, but most of all to the stewards that have made WRS possible over the last few years while I was allowed to participate. As you can see in my signature I submitted in 99 WRS combo's - a bit sad really I wasn't able to make it a nice & round 100, but who cares - we now have GTP WRS :)

Last edited:
Congrats to all that ran this 👍 A very nice way to move on to bigger and better things. Thanks to all, some of my better olr memories lie here.

Nice run crx, you grabbed those 3/10ths I was looking for, tbh I thought maybe a .5x as my best, so no loss there :sly:.

Here is my replay, I'll grab Kevin's while I'm here........

On a side note, I'm thinking of a quick spot race as probably my last contribution to gt4, I'll post an interest thread.

:cheers:

Attachments

• arora 184 ntsc.max
    20.8 KB · Views: 12
EDK has correct specs and is clean 👍

Looks like some tight lines there mate, the turn right before t3 cost a bit, and also that little lift at the end. Nice run Kevin.

On a side note, I'm thinking of a quick spot race as probably my last contribution to gt4, I'll post an interest thread.
Well Erik if you haven't found something too ludicrous you can count me in beforehand :)

great last race by all. I fell short of my goal but I am glad to have participated in this one. I will have some spot races in the future as well for those of you without GT5P. :)

EDK has correct specs and is clean 👍

Looks like some tight lines there mate, the turn right before t3 cost a bit, and also that little lift at the end. Nice run Kevin.

Thanks for the check, figured I would return the favor.

Clean and green, a great run. 👍

I definitely had better runs after T2 at times, just this one happened to be matched with a decent T1.

Hope to see you over at the prologue events, and I might find time for your spotty as well. :sly:

Great big congrats to all div-winners and all participants !!

I also wish everyone lots of racing-fun with the new GT5P-WRS. As for myself, I don't have a PS3 and won't buy one untill the full game is available. So, as far as the WRS goes, I'm temporarily signing off. It's been big fun racing with you guys since GT3. Had heeps of fun and learned a lot!

Go rip up the tracks in GT5P, and I'll see you guys again somewhere next year (probably the latter part I should think :P)

Congrats to crx1299 for your overall win.
Well done to Denur and Andy for your division wins.
Awesome times for all the golden runs, all of you were way ahead of the others in your divisions.

Thanks to all of you for participating, especially the Luxy updater's, its been a great time.

Thanks also to Sjaak and Sphinx as the stewards during my stay.

See you later

Great run Erik! You would have beaten my time if you had actually run some more laps. Congratulations to all who ran this week. Good job 👍👍.

I really wanted spend some more time for this combo. However, starting this semester 2 weeks late has its effects 'till the next one. I actually had a slightly dirty 1'17.0xx' my goal was to run that clean and get below 1'17. Oh well, GT4 WRS is over now.[Insert a really sad face here]

I overslowed the car after T2(almost stopped it). Then, I clipped some dirt and got off my line before the second tunnel.

EDIT: replay is NTSC

Attachments

• Seeing GT4_WRS go sucks.max
    24.3 KB · Views: 13
Its a shame I never got a chance to run this week considering how long I've been WRS'ing.

Nevertheless, congrats to all the winners this week

And a big thank you to the stewards and Luxy-keepers as well as all the competitors that made the WRS so enjoyable :cheers:

If someone has a chance to review my PAL replay (see post #2), that would be great! 👍

Congrats to crx1299 and Denur!

If someone has a chance to review my PAL replay (see post #2), that would be great! 👍

I'll do it tomorrow, I'm picking up the max drive from Bart this evening :).

A bit later then expected due to work, but I've checked Denur's replay and its clean with the right specs! Great run 👍

And here's my replay.

Attachments

• Andy2125_WRS184_PAL.max
    20.7 KB · Views: 8
Thanx Andy 👍

I'll check your replay tonight.

I checked Andy's replay and it is clean with the correct specifications. Another green flag. 👍

I noticed that Andy's gearing used 5 at most, while mine was set to 6. Can someone explain for which parts of the track 5 gearing was preferable and where 6, and why? (I'm trying to learn how to tune) :)

Goed gedaan kerel / Bien fait mon ami

I noticed that Andy's gearing used 5 at most, while mine was set to 6. Can someone explain for which parts of the track 5 gearing was preferable and where 6, and why? (I'm trying to learn how to tune) :)

Goed gedaan kerel / Bien fait mon ami

I can't explain where on the track part but I can give some insight to the how.

In the event we have the option to change top speed for the race, for me gearing is now just as important as my talent (or lack of).
For example, a fellow racer advised me that a certain gearing worked well for them at Trial Mtn. Here is what became of it.
Just got done with a session trying out 320 gearing.
I was behind my ghost 95% of the time.
I went back to 300 and by lap 1 I was ahead of the ghost for the first 85% of the track and then had a touch.
By lap 2 I passed the ghost and previous ghost lap.

Usually the lower gearing alone will pick up my times.
What the other racer was doing (if I remember correctly) was not using 6th gear. We all know a shift can cost you time.
For me its what feels best (rhythm) and makes shift points best for the track (corners, elevations, braking points, etc...)

I go with the first response in the posts for the gearing.
If there is none mentioned I start with the default.
I usually can not use the same gearing as a Division 1 racer is using.
I believe that is because they are traveling at a faster rate of speed for most of the lap then I do.

The biggest difference for choosing gearing is to get the quickest speed/acceleration out of the corner and keep it till you reach the top speed before reaching the next corner. Of course you want to keep from reaching the rev limiter on most straights so finding the sweet spot may take a few laps to figure out.

With using GT mode the options for each gear are even better.

Most of this I'm sure you know already, but I hope this can help you.
(Although your quicker than I already) :sly:

I myself need GT advising, so any others care to comment?

A bit later then expected due to work, but I've checked Denur's replay and its clean with the right specs! Great run 👍

And here's my replay.

I think I'm the certain racer in Kenny's message. :dopey:

I mentioned it during the week, that I was using the 320 gearing. That meant I did not use 6th. I also did not use second. So I eliminated several shifts from my lap. It also allowed me to avoid some awkward gear changes, especially in the section from T2 until just after T3.

For me, this made for a faster time. I could focus on pointing the car and staying smooth. It's also more effective in a car such as this, with good low end torque and an even power band. If the power is very peaky, you want to use the lower gearing to keep the revs up.

In this car, not an issue.

Sometimes, just taking the car out on High Speed Ring or the Test Course and trying some different things will help you to dial in the best shift points and gearing for a particular car. It lets you focus only on that, rather than driving the course (Or avoiding crashes in the first chicane :sly:)

Hope that helps, although you were faster than me anyhow. :ouch:

Much appreciated 01GTP and EDK. 👍

Reading your comments I realized why I used 270 gearing, it gave me the best cornering in the first 2 sectors. I have tried using only 5 gears (knowing that shifting is bad for speed), but never found the right gears to use in those first sectors. I also tried to eliminate having to use 6th gear very briefly in some parts of the track (using 280 or 290), but that cost me too much speed in other sectors. So I guess it was trial and error without really knowing what I was doing...:dopey:

Anyway, all turned out just fine. :sly:

I grabbed xrads and crx's replays.

I'll view them in the next few hours.

I grabbed xrads and crx's replays.

I'll view them in the next few hours.

I viewed the replays and they are both clean and green.

Good way to end the GT4 era. All green flags and plenty of golds. 👍

Glad to see some of you at the GT5 combos already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back