GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments

Not an Easter egg within the game itself, rather one in the 15th Anniversary trailer. Go to 0:27...

image.jpg
Apologies for the appalling quality, but look at this nestled amongst the other track maps in the trailer.
Seem familiar?

The Zonda R's interior looks better than it did in GT5, now you can see the naked carbon fiber weaves inside.

I don't know where else to put this but Juan Pablo Montoya's 2013 race car is missing the Chevy bow ties alongside his last name on the front windshield.

About tobacco sponsorship, I love tobacco liveries on race cars. I grew up with pictures and models of them. I have the names etched into my brain forever. Do I want to smoke a cigarette? No. I think you would have to be a bit stupid to see Marlboro or Camel and then immediately have to rush out and buy some cigarettes.
There seems to be a lot of talk on this subject. Perhaps someone should make a gt6 suggestion thread on reinstating the brand names?

Was this in an earlier GT? It looks really familiar but I can't place it.
Yes it's in gt2 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, they need to take precautionary steps (but at this rate I don't know why they just don't ban it altogether), and this is one of the big things they can do to prevent a generation of smokers.

It may be fine for the more mature and level headed kids, but there are some kids who are highly impressionable, and it's those who get suckered into it.

To be fair, they need to take precautionary steps (but at this rate I don't know why they just don't ban it altogether), and this is one of the big things they can do to prevent a generation of smokers.

It may be fine for the more mature and level headed kids, but there are some kids who are highly impressionable, and it's those who get suckered into it.
If they really gave a **** about smoking they would ban it. But yeah tbh the logos don't really make the car special, so I guess we don't desperately need them.

You think not exposing young kids to cigarettes is strange? Wow...
I'm sorry, but do you think a 10 year old even knows what the hell silk cut or Marlboro even are? And even if they did, who looks at a brand name and thinks "gee I gotta smoke that!"
I agree with you that children are in danger of smoking in other ways, but not this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the current proposal of banning the sale of cigarettes to anyone born after 2000 should be a good one... let all the smokers die off = problem solved.

I'm sorry, but do you think a 10 year old even knows what the hell silk cut or Marlboro even are?
I did, and from a much earlier age than that. If children are surrounded by marketing, specifically targeted from a young age, they will pick it up. It think around 93% of American 4 year olds can identify brands and slogans correctly.

Loving that proposal. Great idea.

As a child I didn't really know any cigarette brands. Probably because no one I live with smokes.

If they really gave a **** about smoking they would ban it. But yeah tbh the logos don't really make the car special, so I guess we don't desperately need them.

I'm sorry, but do you think a 10 year old even knows what the hell silk cut or Marlboro even are? And even if they did, who looks at a brand name and thinks "gee I gotta smoke that!"
I agree with you that children are in danger of smoking in other ways, but not this.
Google is an easy tool to use nowadays. And you do realise the "who looks at a brand name and thinks "gee I gotta smoke that!"" Bit is literally what advertising is. My young cousin buys red bull a lot because he likes Webber too, and he's 10...

Google is an easy tool to use nowadays. And you do realise the "who looks at a brand name and thinks "gee I gotta smoke that!"" Bit is literally what advertising is. My young cousin buys red bull a lot because he likes Webber too, and he's 10...
I swear it's illegal to sell someone under 18 red bull?? How does your cousin get it? :lol:
Also, it's surprising how many kids today say eew yuck cigarettes mum, dad, they're disgusting stop smoking them etc.

I swear it's illegal to sell someone under 18 red bull?? How does your cousin get it? :lol:
Also, it's surprising how many kids today say eew yuck cigarettes mum, dad, they're disgusting stop smoking them etc.
Well that's testament to the change of attitude in society.

I even like getting marketed to, advertising and sponsorship are things I like, but I know what the limit is to making a good choice.

It's easy. Where I live they really don't care. That and the self service checkouts don't call someone over to verify your age as they were installed ages ago.

I bought John player special fags when I was a nipper probably because of lotus at the time I knew the logo from that car no where else , I also bought YSL fags because I had a thing about YSL shirts jeans t shirts etc when I was about 13-14 I had to match everything. So marketing do work and I am glad that you cannot advertise cigs anymore , but for the historical nostalgia and reference the cars should be able to wear there original sponsors but with some sort of age verification or a cheat , parents setup gt6 go into menu change advertising to generic then apply a adult password that only a adult can turn it back on ....

Can't imagine playing a ww2 game were the nazis don't use a swatstiga same goes for racing cars who's identity has been censored

It's not being in games that's the problem, it's the fact that children are very impressionable. If their idol, Ralph McRacer, drives a big loud Chevrolet Corvette, they kid is likely to want to have a Chevrolet Corvette. If Ralph McRacer also had cigarette sponsors all over that car, the kid is likely to also want or be drawn to whatever company is on that car, even if they have no clue what that company has to do with.

It's a shame in my opinion because so cars from the old days of racing look odd without cigarette or alcohol sponsorship, just like what was said before, its removing the cars soul

Last edited:
Back