GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I understand, but some tiny retouches could've been done without the need to completely remodel the track.
Yeah, but the other part is... Does it matter completely? I wouldn't really mind doing 150mph through Eau Rouge

Spa is sort of recent. And it's still current with it's form. It's fine.

Indy Road Course needs to be changed. The old GP track we have is a much different track than it is today.

Daytona's bus stop seems to be much longer than IRL. What's so different on Indy GP?

Edit: no need to reply, I saw it. Completely different.

Last edited:
Name plate as in the license plate? Or the sticker thingy that tells the make and model?

It's more of a plague, but you get the idea. The "license plate" doesn't use this name as far as I recall. I guess I'll pull it out and take a photo or two.

Sorry, I tought that page 22 was the most recent one, and I didn't see you are not talking about the copy paste tracks and the same track made multiple times from zero

Easter egg ? Guess not, but where do I post this ? :)

Choose a very slow car and Matterhorn (the one with the steepest climb), go to Arcade race, change settings to 100% wet surface and observe AI spinning their wheels trying to climb (and failing).

The AI (the ones with more power) will also zig-zag trying to go up - not sure if we can give PD credit for that or is that simply how they work and the zig-zagging is the result of something else in the code.

But anyway it's amusing to watch :lol:

Easter egg ? Guess not, but where do I post this ? :)

Choose a very slow car and Matterhorn (the one with the steepest climb), go to Arcade race, change settings to 100% wet surface and observe AI spinning their wheels trying to climb (and failing).

The AI (the ones with more power) will also zig-zag trying to go up - not sure if we can give PD credit for that or is that simply how they work and the zig-zagging is the result of something else in the code.

But anyway it's amusing to watch :lol:
Its not just a slow car. I once race a Stingray Concept and the AI cars ( Like RX7 TC, Subaru BRZ GT300, etc ) are struggle to climb. The only car that survives is the lightweight 4WD car ( FTO TC ). Try it for yourself. Its Youtube worthy ;) Edit: Oh yeah they're ridiculously zig zagging too like some wacky racing going on.

Last edited:
The zig-zagging is actually a good way of getting a slow car up a steep incline. Try it for yourself and you'll see it's a lot better

Fun facts I discovered:
1. Some standard cars ( Mostly semi premium cars) with flip up lights actually flip up when going dark. ( Compare GT5 where just suddenly go up ). Notable cars include Toyota Sprinter Trueno and Fairlady 300ZX '83
2. Apricot Hill used to replace ( Or heavily inspired by ) Suzuka before Suzuka itself present ingame. Evident on most corners that mimics Suzuka.
3. You can drive a cart on rain.
4. For some reason you can't search for 787B Stealth Model on Car Search.

Willow. Stop at the pit exit. Plenty of space on the right but AI wont go off the path. The MP4 was too light so with the force of group bumping they pushed me over. With heavier car blocking they might just burn all the fuel there :lol:*mumbles something about Tank Car*

Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_Big_Willow.jpg

Willow. Stop at the pit exit. Plenty of space on the right but AI wont go off the path. The MP4 was too light so with the force of group bumping they pushed me over. With heavier car blocking they might just burn all the fuel there :lol:*mumbles something about Tank Car*

Willow_Springs_International_Raceway_Big_Willow.jpg
broken image

What about them?
2005 has a tighter design for Tetre Rouge and a quicker Dunlop Curve. 2009 is identical to 2013 but with a tighter Arnage. 2013 La Sarthe also has grayish green runoff running down haunidiers/Mulsanne versus red for 2009 and 2005.

Discovered today while trying to see how many players made an entry (44k btw). I knew I'll get some strange stuff with 0 points. :D

This as you see don't register your name in the leaderboard - you need at least one point.

2014_05_18_214502.jpg

(Not really an easter egg but fun to watch anyways) Set the track time adjustment to 60x. Then, drive the Alpine A110 in interior view. Look at the clock.
Back to the future......

Back