GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
On the R18 description it says that Audi won Le Mans 24h race in 2011 against Renaults. Might be a translation issue though, as I'm using the portuguese version.

On the R18 description it says that Audi won Le Mans 24h race in 2011 against Renaults. Might be a translation issue though, as I'm using the portuguese version.

do Surnames and proper names have to be plural in portugese ???

Also of note is that there is a SPEED sign (name of racing network in USA that broadcasted the Bathurst 1000) on the corner right before the Elbow.

SPEED is a channel in Australia as well, fairly certain it wasn't effected by the FS1 move either.

Going on with this, with the recent spill in the gulf of mexico, PD should've removed the BP ads
... The reason why they removed everything that is a beer and/or tobacco is to not induce kids to start drinking/smoking. Over here in Quebec, Booze ads are allowed, but in the 1990'S like wise to european countries, they've banned Tobacco ads from sports and entertainment happenings.

We had a Benson & hedges firework festival, replaced by a cell phone company and The government lottery.

all F1 cars had to have their Tobacco ads modified ( I remeber when marlboro was a sponsor of ferrerai, They've replace the name of the cigarette by the name of the Pilot)

The tennis Tournament was alo sponsored by a Tobacco brand. Now it's a bank

just to give you a few examples..
Don't forget Ron Howard's troubles with US censors about the Marlboro ads on the cars.

Because y'know, a movie about an drug-taking, womanising alcoholic with very clear references to all three is fine and dandy, but logos on a car...? No! Don't want kids getting bad ideas from a logo you probably won't see that much. :rolleyes:

Don't forget Ron Howard's troubles with US censors about the Marlboro ads on the cars.

Because y'know, a movie about an drug-taking, womanising alcoholic with very clear references to all three is fine and dandy, but logos on a car...? No! Don't want kids getting bad ideas from a logo you probably won't see that much. :rolleyes:
Yeah I think is pathetic, I practically grew up with Formula 1, back in the day, the sport was full of tobacco sponsors, my childhood drawings are full of logos of 'Marlboro', 'Benson & Hedges' etc...
Guess what? Contrary to my peers (mostly school companions and friends, pretty sure they have not watched more than 15 mins of a Grand Prix) I've never smoked a single cigarette, I'm the living example that this is a stupid censorship, even on model cars it's very difficult to find tobacco sponsors, otherwise they are much more valuable on the market...

I'm 16, haven't touched a cigarette in my life... Alcohol, yes. But not a cigarette. I don't think a logo on a car would change it. I survived watching the 1984 Monaco GP without wanting to light up anyway

If these sponsors appeared since GT's release, parents would think that those industries have paid PD to be on spot and try to presuade people buying those products.

PD tries not to be connected with this kind of stuff, that's why.

Last edited:
Ronda_1.jpg

I'm a bit surprise I wasn't able to find anything about this on GTPlanet. On the talked about FTO Super Touring Car, there are 2 logos on the fenders and doors that says Omega Boost. The only non-racing game that Polyphony Digital have ever made. (This have been on this car since GT4.)

Also a bit of the modeled roll cage inside the FTO in this pic.

If these sponsors appeared since GT's release, parents would think that those industries have paid PD to be on spot and try to presuade people buying those products.

PD tries not to be connected with these kind of stuff, that's why.
Nope, the only reason is due to the ESRB and the other countries counterparts requiring any game with alcohol/tobacco advertising to have an M [Mature] rating, which means you have to be 18 or older to buy. I believe the PEGI counterpart is 17+.

Because a good portion of the fanbase and cash base of the GT series is under 18, PD knows they can't have an M rating for a game about driving cars around in complex circles.

About tobacco sponsorship, I love tobacco liveries on race cars. I grew up with pictures and models of them. I have the names etched into my brain forever. Do I want to smoke a cigarette? No. I think you would have to be a bit stupid to see Marlboro or Camel and then immediately have to rush out and buy some cigarettes.

I know this is probably going to stir up alot of speculation & controversy, but I was in photo mode not 5 minutes ago with my Ruf "Blackbird" & Devil Z. I zoomed in on the rear of the Ruf to notice that on the red bar across the middle, you can still see a very faded Porsche logo, as you would on the 911 of the same year.

I know this is probably going to stir up alot of speculation & controversy, but I was in photo mode not 5 minutes ago with my Ruf "Blackbird" & Devil Z. I zoomed in on the rear of the Ruf to notice that on the red bar across the middle, you can still see a very faded Porsche logo, as you would on the 911 of the same year.
Can you give us a photo?

Can you give us a photo?
Unfortunately, no. But I can upload the picture I took to my user image. I'm on my PS3 right now because my computer is broken yet again. Give me a few minutes.

Ok just changed my image.

If there is a way for me to upload the image on here straight from the PS3, please let me know

Unfortunately, no. But I can upload the picture I took to my user image. I'm on my PS3 right now because my computer is broken yet again. Give me a few minutes.

If there is a way for me to upload the image on here straight from the PS3, please let me know
cant you just use internet in your ps3

Is this the... RGT I think. The modern one (996 I think)?

do Surnames and proper names have to be plural in portugese ???

I don't understand why you'd ask that, if you need linguistic advice you should go to PM rather than derail a topic.

@flynch3211 , I hadn't noticed that, I guess Peugeot won't mind about it not being corrected though :D

@hobanator24 , good spot, it's hard to see definitely if it's the Porsche writing or not on your pic but it certainly looks like it is.

I'd say it's not an Easter Egg though, it's not a deliberate bit of content placed by the programmers for amusement or as a reference to something else.

Porsche.jpg

The real RUF CTR Yellowbird has the Porsche word on the rear. Seems odd that RUF left it on as technically the CTR is not a Porsche.

@hobanator24 , good spot, it's hard to see definitely if it's the Porsche writing or not on your pic but it certainly looks like it is.

I'd say it's not an Easter Egg though, it's not a deliberate bit of content placed by the programmers for amusement or as a reference to something else.

Porsche.jpg

...Am I the only one here reading "P 911" on the license plate...?

Sounds like an abbreviated "Porsche 911" to me...

Was this in an earlier GT? It looks really familiar but I can't place it.
That FTO was in GT2.

...Am I the only one here reading "P 911" on the license plate...?

Sounds like an abbreviated "Porsche 911" to me...

I'm pretty sure the Yellowbird is a one off car and that is the actual License plate on that car.

EDIT: According to the below source there were 6 aluminium and 22 steel bodied versions. So not a one off car but very rare. The MN P911 car just seems to be the one that comes up in 90% of internet searches and images.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/1/...Porsche-911-Turbo-RUF-CTR-Yellowbird-7706823/

Last edited:
View attachment 100597

I'm a bit surprise I wasn't able to find anything about this on GTPlanet. On the talked about FTO Super Touring Car, there are 2 logos on the fenders and doors that says Omega Boost. The only non-racing game that Polyphony Digital have ever made. (This have been on this car since GT4.)

Also a bit of the modeled roll cage inside the FTO in this pic.
Very nice find, not an Easter egg but a curiosity, the FTO STC has 7 different colour variation with numbers from 1 to 8, missing the number 4 probably for superstition, which is like 13 in Japan.

--100 posts :gtpflag:--​

Back