GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
Not too sure if this qualifies as an easter egg, but it amuses me that this NSW RTA sign should be above the road on the (very fast) Conrod Straight at Bathurst, just near the point of maximum speed.

View attachment 101903

G'day from down under!

You'll find that even though Bathurst is a race track it is also a public road for most parts of the year.

Most of the track has a 60kmh speed limit but I'm pretty sure it is 40kmh at the top end of the track when it starts to nose dive through "Skyline" and "The Cutting".

The elevation change is actually quiet scary the first time you drive on track in real life, you feel as if your car is going to flip base over apex.

There are speed cameras on Conrod Straight and also one just after Hell's corner (the left hander after the pit straight) that are removed when there are racing events on.

It's a blast in the game and in real life PD did an awesome job!

G'day from down under!

You'll find that even though Bathurst is a race track it is also a public road for most parts of the year.

Most of the track has a 60kmh speed limit but I'm pretty sure it is 40kmh at the top end of the track when it starts to nose dive through "Skyline" and "The Cutting".

The elevation change is actually quiet scary the first time you drive on track in real life, you feel as if your car is going to flip base over apex.

There are speed cameras on Conrod Straight and also one just after Hell's corner (the left hander after the pit straight) that are removed when there are racing events on.

It's a blast in the game and in real life PD did an awesome job!

G'day back atcha! I'm an expat Australian, so know it well.

I have actually driven around this circuit in real life, back before they put the kink in Conrod to "slow things down". It was early on a race day prior to a Bathurst 500 sometime in the early 1960s.

I know what you mean about coming off the top of the mountain. Driving at the speed limit still gives a clear understanding of the guts those drivers have who do it pedal to the metal.

This was just one of many days at Bathurst races. They were fine days!

Don't suppose you could get a picture of this? :)
I found it while looking at the interiors in photo mode so I do have a picture.
that is clearly RAGE

mE5XdQC.jpg

(Hope this works, if it doesn't then I give up) Not really an easter egg, but certainly something amusing I found. I've heard of graffitti at the Nurburgring, but what about defacing advertiser signs at Bathurst? I think PD still went to the trouble of censoring it ;)

If it doesn't come up here is the direct link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67538661@N05/12186587716/

Last edited:
(Hope this works, if it doesn't then I give up) Not really an easter egg, but certainly something amusing I found. I've heard of graffitti at the Nurburgring, but what about defacing advertiser signs at Bathurst? I think PD still went to the trouble of censoring it ;)

If it doesn't come up here is the direct link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67538661@N05/12186587716/
Did not show up , now that is funny

Bathurst has no speed cameras, this is a common urban legend I hear all the time but I "drive" it all whenever I pass through and have never been booked, nsw law requires three warning signs in succession before a speed camera. The local police will sometimes wait around Conrod straight but one slow lap will show you if the coast is clear. The limit is 60 the whole way around and to add to the Easter eggs, in the runoff on the last corner is the motor racing museum and pd have the 1984 Bathurst 1000 pole sitting Nissan bluebird touring Caron the front window, annoyingly they haven't modelled the statue of Peter Brock standing on his 1984 Bathurst winning Holden commodore which is right in front of that building.

Why does it have a drink button too? Do the other GTR GT3 cars have this too?

Yes, almost every modern race car has a drinks button. Typically the drinks system is in an insulated pouch set on the floor of the car, as low as possible for weight, and placed rearward to help manage weight better.
It is then connected to a pump, similar to a wind screen washer fluid pump, with tubing that is run up behind the drivers seat to a quick disconnect fitting.
From here there are a couple options for the driver. Some have a straw that connects directly to the quick disconnect, and runs up under their balaclava, and sits in the corner of the mouth. Formula 1 uses this system, as it is the lightest. The other option is for a connection inside the helmet, this usually requires the use of an open mouth balaclava, but it has a straw attached inside the helmet face guard that either comes up close to the drivers mouth so that they can reach out to latch onto with their lips, or its connected to a lever arm the driver can manipulate on the side or bottom of the helmet that you move by hand, to bring the straw/mouthpiece to the drivers mouth.
Either method, once they have the straw in their mouth, the simply push the drinks button to activate the pump, and it pushes the liquid (usually a sports drink to prevent dehydration) into their mouth to drink.
On sports cars the bags are easily interchangeable for endurance racing, and because of the nature of the nature of the system, multiple drivers can use the same bag. As there is no backwash, and each driver uses their own mouthpiece to connect at the quick disconnect fitting.

Oh man that car was awful! It handled rubbish, had no brakes, sounded terrible and was in the worst shade of blue ever!

Don't mind the sound, but I think they screwd up, it feels like a 1960's vette with its drum breaks and lazy engine lol

Latest Posts

Back