GTA:SA can be "backed up" from the Original DISK

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
Just wanted to confirm any rumors and state that GTA:SA CAN be "backed up" from the original DISK. đź‘Ť

stop beating around the bush, you have been able to download and steal this game since last week. I bought it yesterday and its worth every penny, support the developers!!!

That's right, support the developer.

You're not the first one to figure out that GTA:SA can be pirated, Camaro Boy, so stop acting like it.

What you mean can be backed up? Like make dvd-r copies?
yes "backed up" of the DISK.
stop beating around the bush, you have been able to download and steal this game since last week.
No I dont mean downloaded off the internet. I just got the game yesterday 10/26/04 from the rental store. I mean "back up" the game DISK. Many places said this game would not be able to be backed up off the original disk since it was supposed to be "dual layer" disk.

So rather than downloading it, you're saying that you just rented the game for a few bucks and burned a copy of it... And this is better how? Good way to make an enemy out of the people that BUY their games. I suppose you'll do the same for MGS3 and GT4 as well?

So rather than downloading it, you're saying that you just rented the game for a few bucks and burned a copy of it... And this is better how? Good way to make an enemy out of the people that BUY their games. I suppose you'll do the same for MGS3 and GT4 as well?
I would never DL a game from the internet because of viruses and spyware.
I still buy PS2 games that I play online, X-box games and PC games. Im about to buy Burnout 3 for the PS2 since its online. I was just surprised that I could back up GTA:SA since everyone told me it wouldnt be possible. Is it really a Dual Layer disk and if it is whats that mean?
THIS THREAD CAN BE DELETED.

It´s not a dual layered disk, also known as dvd9. That was just a rumour that online stores have told so they could pre-sell the game.

And you don´t really need to buy original games to play online, you can add a patch on the backups in most of the games.

I´m not telling you that you should do it, I just informing you.

I should buy this game, but my parents won't be fond of the prostitues, and sex part of the game. The rest is fine. đź‘Ť

I suppose Atari games were expensive because that was the begining of video game history. And Nintendo games up until the Cube were all cartridge based which made those games highly expensive. Games on cd's are cheaper to manufacture as dics are very cheap but pirating is simple with that media as everyone knows. But can anyone explain why the cost of Neo Geo games were so astranomical (sp) except for the reason that those games were arcade perfect.

demon of speed
I hate pirating, that's one of the reasons games cost so much.
FatAssBR
I thought games costed around U$ 50,00 since ATARI times?
Exactly. The prices for new games has been around $50 forever. Its not like PS2 games started at $10 and now they are $50. They HAVE been $50.
More than likely when PS3 games come out they will also be $50.

Does anyone know if, or when, GTA: SA will be comming out for X-Box? Of all people i figured you guys should know. Im speculating it will be out just shortly before Christmas (if it comes out at all).

GTA:SA is a PS2 exclusive and will more than likely only be hitting the PC next winter, An Xbox version has been asked about and the response given was "don't hold your breath about an Xbox version this or next year...".

argh that sucks! why wouldnt they release it for X-Box? They released GTA3 and VC for it. Oh well, xbox usually heads better graphics and more features anyway, so the wait might be worth it. Otherwise, if it isnt released for xbox, Microsoft didnt try hard enough and Rockstar is just being a prick.

Back