GTHD Video Drift Demonstration

I notice the strength of the force feedback varies between car choice. I feel a difference when using the Suzuki Cappuccino '95, I steer and recieve less force compared to when I'm driving the Infiniti G35 COUPE '06.

Thats very cool and "realistic" way to individualize cars. Lets hope that future releases of gt will fully support G25;with both motors,clutch and 6-speed.
There is good space for different variety of FFB in g25;two motors offer great resistance at max.

Ive barely spent anytime on GTHD or my PS3 yet, but what i did notice was with the integra Type r, in the tight corners you can feel the torque steer/wheels spinning and bouncing while struggling for grip, the subtleties of the sensation with the G25 was a real surprise!👍

Suzuki Cappuccino '95 13,165 drift trials forwards direction score.

Drifting done with the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel with working force feedback.

This is a lowest powered car to select in the Drift Trials so score wise it's been a journey to reach over 13,000 pts with this car. Posting this video up for this reason.

Great lap there BreakerOhio, I will have to give the Cappuccino more of a go!

Comin' to get you now :sly:

Bought a PS3 a couple of days ago, fired up GTHD today again to see what I could do with it (Just formatted the box to add Ubuntu). 111xx so far, so I've got some catching up to do! I'm losing a lot of points by slow and late entries (especially just before and after the tunnel, I get 2500 from the sweeper and 3000 for the fast S, tops). It's been a while since I've played GT... especially with the DFP, but I certainly notice the feedback being different. It's very light in the Cap which makes it even more of a challenge... 900 degrees of lightness, hard to know where my wheels are pointing ;)

Anyway, great run! That's certainly a tough score to beat.

Ske
Comin' to get you now :sly:

Bought a PS3 a couple of days ago, fired up GTHD today again to see what I could do with it (Just formatted the box to add Ubuntu). 111xx so far, so I've got some catching up to do! I'm losing a lot of points by slow and late entries (especially just before and after the tunnel, I get 2500 from the sweeper and 3000 for the fast S, tops). It's been a while since I've played GT... especially with the DFP, but I certainly notice the feedback being different. It's very light in the Cap which makes it even more of a challenge... 900 degrees of lightness, hard to know where my wheels are pointing ;)

Anyway, great run! That's certainly a tough score to beat.

Ske,

Thanks man. Congrats on the PS3 purchase. I agree on the feeback... it's weaker than it is in GT4 with the DFP. I noticed it this weekend after I played GT4 on the PS2 and then switched over to GTHD right afterwards and the wheel felt much lighter.

I have a tough time with the fast S after the tunnel too. Still not as confident going into it as the other corners...I still get nervous about the section after a good run after the sweeper :) I've watched other replays and this section alone seems to be the one that holds the possibility of scoring high overall. Score in the section from a clean drift ranges from 3000-4000. Very spread out for a small mistake on entrance, but entrance speed is key to carry out the underpowered capp through the fast S.

See you on the rankings.

11731 now ;)

Gaining some consistency in the first and final sections now.. but I still have some way to go. I also tried to take the outer line for most turns.. the "judges" seem to like that. For reference, here's what I seem to get on average:

1: 1600-1800 (1st double hairpin)
2: 1650-1900 (2nd double hairpin)
3: 2300-2700 (sweeper)
4: 3000-3300 (fast S, max so far is 3600)
5: 2000-2500 (left kink to double right)

So with a little bit of consistency I think I have a 12500 in me somewhere hehe... We'll see how it works out!

Might work on my MX-5 score as well, seems more my kind of car :sly:

Edit: 12303 in the MX-5... 3rd lap :P

Ske,

I watched your replay. :)
Stop copying my drift lines haha.
just kidding. I like the MX-5 too, probably is my second favorite RWD car to drift in the game. The MX-5 carries a nice drift through the sweeper and the fast S.

I've been experimenting with different lines and I've found similar results... the judges do like it when drifts are closer to the outside edge, also add as much speed as you can.

Getting a little bit better on the fast S section now.

You're giving me reason to keep an eye on the rankings now. ;)

After watching some of your replays, I think you'll get your goal of 12500 for the capp soon.

It's reaching 13000 that I've gradually progressed through weekly to finally getting it consistently. It's definitely been tough experimenting and trying to find out how the japanese players are getting the 13000 scores, but I think I've found it. My goal now is to get 13500 pts with the Suzuki Capp.

Ske, Stop copying my drift lines haha.

Hehe you noticed eh? There's definitely an advantage to taking the furthest way possible around a corner... which is kinda opposite of what I'd usually do :P I feel I'm kinda lacking in speed though. Still feel like I'm losing a lot of points in the fast entries. Most of the top replays seem to rack up "dings" very rapidly on entry.

And I was so frustrated about that fast S I had to try your approach hehe... didn't quite get your score from it, but that run happened to be my highest scoring one so far ;)

Also... how do you jump back and forth beween US and EU scoreboards?

I had a go to see where I could reach in comparison to your scores for a laugh, I can't get near as of yet, however I did get in the Top 10.... or rather I thought I did, it is not displaying my best score. I have checked back and it still thinks my best recorded score is a 8361Pts (12th), but still shows my score record (my best as a 8601Pts(9th)!? strange, do you have an Idea as to why this is. I will try and get some screenies to help.

[Edit] It is now on the leaderboard, and appears as my ranking record aswell:tup:

Ske

I have both versions. Got the European version because it had force feedback availble at the time that it wasn't available on the US version.

Ske

Download both US and EU versions of GTHD Concept from PLAYSTATION Stores of each region.
Then you get 2 GTHD icons in the game menu.
If you choose US icon, you go into US leaderboards, and vice versa.:)

Heh, I was just messing around with some friends while driving the the miata in drift trial and somehow managed to score no. 3 on the scoreboards. That was a few weeks ago so I dunno if that record still stands.

Download both US and EU versions of GTHD Concept from PLAYSTATION Stores of each region.

To access the US store, I suppose I need to create a new account (US)? Will downloaded games be available to all my accounts?

Heh, I was just messing around with some friends while driving the the miata in drift trial and somehow managed to score no. 3 on the scoreboards. That was a few weeks ago so I dunno if that record still stands.

The score gets wiped every week I think, the times rarely stay on the board from the start of the week, but if that was an end of week score, then it is impressive.

Got a new high score this week with the suzuki capp '95.
13557pts.

I mixed the high score replay into this video that I have been working on, so it's part of this short mix. check it out.

Title of the movie: S2000 Movie Remix - Gran Turismo Drift

intialdg25sk6.jpg

Got my new set up.

Using the Lotus Elise, I used drifting to attack the course to see what kind of time I could get. Decent time for drifting :)
Just for fun.

Back