GTP_WRS Week 15 :Official Results

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 44 comments
Well done guys, some excellent performances 👍

All the best
Maz

Take a screenshot of it. Do you have 7-zip or WinZIP/RAR?

Problem solved
It's been long since I used WinRAR last time,
but I't coming back to me as you can tell..

2:13.049 - GTP_zed300
gflagjn4.gif
(There was a close call in Degner , but after several rechecks I find it to be clean)
2:13.192 - GTP_Denur
gflagjn4.gif
(Quite aggressive on the 1st sector. Overall really clean run. :D )

Being able to wiew Denur's and zed300's replays made me realise something.
I gave the R8 a few laps at suzuka 600 free run testing and found a way to improve my lap times.
Now I just need to practice to be able to fit it to my really aggressive driving style.

Edited in zed300's official results :D

MadMax

Last edited:
2:13.049 - GTP_zed300 Undefined (There was a close call in Degner , but after several rechecks found out to be clean)

I'm not ready to call that one clean, yet. I looked at it last night and asked for some second opinions. Did not call it out in here so as not to ring any alarm bells. But I'd like to have us go through the proper level of scrutiny before we declare it clean.

The main thing is that without being able to freeze replays, it's exceptionally difficult to make definitive rulings on close calls. So I'm not concerned about your replay checking skills, just with the game's ability to give us enough detail.

Just please stay tuned.

Last edited:
EDK
I'm not ready to call that one clean, yet. I looked at it last night and asked for some second opinions. Did not call it out in here so as not to ring any alarm bells. But I'd like to have us go through the proper level of scrutiny before we declare it clean.

The main thing is that without being able to freeze replays, it's exceptionally difficult to make definitive rulings on close calls. So I'm not concerned about your replay checking skills, just with the game's ability to give us enough detail.

Just please stay tuned.

I'll be waiting for the final desision from moderators .
Before the desision is final there will read: undefined instead of a flag
at zed300's replay in my previous post.

MadMax

After reveiwing my replay again and again and again ,I believe that some part of the tyre is in contact with the ripple strip at all times, as the sound of contact is continous,but this could be front and rear contact creating a continuous sound,but this vision tends to lean to a small break in the contact of the ripple strip.

As this is the case, I feel with much regret that I must withdraw my post as the rule of "not 100% sure, then consider it dirty", must apply.

My apologies as I initially believed there to be a patch of green concrete at this corner. I will be more careful in checking replays before posting.:scared:

After reveiwing my replay again and again and again ,I believe that some part of the tyre is in contact with the ripple strip at all times, as the sound of contact is continous,but this could be front and rear contact creating a continuous sound,but this vision tends to lean to a small break in the contact of the ripple strip.

As this is the case, I feel with much regret that I must withdraw my post as the rule of "not 100% sure, then consider it dirty", must apply.

My apologies as I initially believed there to be a patch of green concrete at this corner. I will be more careful in checking replays before posting.:scared:

First, let me say that We really appreciate you standing up and taking responsibility. I believe this shows you did not intentionally turn in a close or questionable replay, but made a mistake.

Secondly, I had a bit more time to review this than I did last night. I was able to follow your ghost around the track in free run and hit pause to get this photo, which shows that your left rear tire remains on the rumble strip at the moment in question. I went through this 3 times and watched the replay from both forward and reverse views. It was this left rear wheel that I was unsure about, and now I have my proof that it's OK. 👍

WRS_16_ZED300.jpg

VERY close. But Clean.

2:13.049 - GTP_zed300
gflagjn4.gif

I looked at 2 others while I was at it.

2:11.612 - GTP_Wanna_B
gflagjn4.gif

Close call on the left side of 130R, but clean. I crossed the finish line and drove backwards to 130R to watch his ghost come through, viewing once from the front and the other time from the rear. I was able to pause and see the trackside tire on rumble from both directions. 👍

2:14.588 - GTP_Nuclearfire
gflagjn4.gif

Just plain old clean and green. A very nice D4 run. :cheers:

Well done by all of the podiums, just one more replay and we are official for the week. :D

2:13.049 - GTP_zed300 undefined (There was a close call in Degner , but after several rechecks I find it to be clean)
2:13.192 - GTP_Denur
gflagjn4.gif
(Quite aggressive on the 1st sector. Overall really clean run. :D )

Being able to wiew Denur's and zed300's replays made me realise something.
I gave the R8 a few laps at suzuka 600 free run testing and found a way to improve my lap times.
Now I just need to practice to be able to fit it to my really aggressive driving style.

MadMax
Thanks for checking. 👍
The aggressiveness in the first sector was actually unintended, I just missed my braking point on a few occasions. :dopey:

:)Well....... I'm a bit gobsmacked..:dopey:......blow me down with a feather.

Lunch time, I discover a crack in my submitted boat,after inspecting the damage as best I can, I abandon the ship, in fear of it sinking. Back to work and dissappionted that the vessel was a dud.

I return home this evening to find my Titanic.... wasn't .....on the bottom of the Atlantic,......there she was bobbing around in the sunshine flying the mighty clean green flag :D

EDK: Thanks for enduring, until you were completely satified one way or another. :bowdown:I guess I save a little face out of your efforts:cheers:

Thanks EDK, like zed300 i to checked my replay from several views like i always do, deemed it clean and submitted, never any intentions of submitting dirty laps, guess when your pushing hard your also cutting the corners cleanly but tighly looking for those few extra tenths

Thanks EDK, like zed300 i to checked my replay from several views like i always do, deemed it clean and submitted, never any intentions of submitting dirty laps, guess when your pushing hard your also cutting the corners cleanly but tighly looking for those few extra tenths

As I said above, it's just really tough to tell with close calls on prologue.

I did not post pictures of yours, since you did not DQ yourself, but I had similar views with your ghost, while paused.

It always helps if you are confident your run is clean. As a verifier, I just want to be sure as well. 👍

Latest Posts

Back