This is such a disappointing site

• Thread starter Rouward
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philippines
Philippines
rouward
All I can hear from all members here dislikes GT6 and you all guys prefer Forza 5 and FH2 and other racing sims without giving a single complain to those games (you should all leave this site for your sake). Why do you all want to leave Playstation when Sony announce they won't support Logitech for PS4? They probably know their products doesn't meet their standard and most of their products won't last longer. You can easily get T300RS through monthly installment and no need to carry large sum of money just to buy this wheel (I'm planning to buy that wheel and TH8A by December or next year). And, just because standard cars will be remain in GT7, you're all upset and keep whining "I'll never support Sony and PD" just for a small issue. I don't bother those low poly/quality cars, I want to drive each of them for fun.

GT6 was my big comeback to Gran Turismo series after a long time stuck in GT4 and GTPSP and awful racing games on PC (except DiRT 2) I've been enjoying this game til now since I bought it last May and I left my other games in the shelf. I didn't have a chance to play GT5 because of jealousy to all players who bought GT5 and PS3 at that time (the reason why I left PS forum for 3 years). And I understand there are many features not brought to GT6, but I'll patiently wait til they could finish it before moving to GT7.

This site was supposedly fun, but everything are ruined by Forza (who always praise their games and throws complains on GT) and GT5 fanboys who all refuse to play GT6, and all weak players who cannot understand PD's current state.

That's it, I'm done here and I'll never come back to this site anymore.

Apologize for my bad english, but I hope you guys understand my situation in this forum.

All I can hear from all members here dislikes GT6 and you all guys prefer Forza 5 and FH2 and other racing sims without giving a single complain to those games (you should all leave this site for your sake). Why do you all want to leave Playstation when Sony announce they won't support Logitech for PS4? They probably know their products doesn't meet their standard and most of their products won't last longer. You can easily get T300RS through monthly installment and no need to carry large sum of money just to buy this wheel (I'm planning to buy that wheel and TH8A by December or next year). And, just because standard cars will be remain in GT7, you're all upset and keep whining "I'll never support Sony and PD" just for a small issue. I don't bother those low poly/quality cars, I want to drive each of them for fun.

GT6 was my big comeback to Gran Turismo series after a long time stuck in GT4 and GTPSP and awful racing games on PC (except DiRT 2) I've been enjoying this game til now since I bought it last May and I left my other games in the shelf. I didn't have a chance to play GT5 because of jealousy to all players who bought GT5 and PS3 at that time (the reason why I left PS forum for 3 years). And I understand there are many features not brought to GT6, but I'll patiently wait til they could finish it before moving to GT7.

This site was supposedly fun, but everything are ruined by Forza (who always praise their games and throws complains on GT) and GT5 fanboys who all refuse to play GT6, and all weak players who cannot understand PD's current state.

Apologize for my bad english, but I hope you guys understand my situation in this forum.

I'm in the same situation as you 👍

I spend much less time on the forum, I don't post any more.

Last edited:
There's more to this site then just the GT section though. There's a great community outside of this portion.

Every game has criticism where it's due. You don't really see them in another section, you'll only see their positive aspects in most cases.

I suppose these posts are in vain since you "left", and this will get locked like any "I'm leaving!" thread. Don't hit the door on your way out I guess?

I absolutely understand you. Reading posts in gtplanet is to 90% depressing, everywhere just negativenes towards Gran Turismo. Why do those people even care about Gran Turismo when other games are sooo much better?! In my opinion they should just go away to the forum section they belong to!

In the time before the release of GT5 gtplanet was fun to read and a great source for news, but since the launch of GT5 it got worse every day.

I want to stay away from the gtplanet forum too, but its still the fastest source for News and i HAVE to know everything about Gran Turismo as soon as possible :lol:

To many people, GT6 was a disappointing game.

It's that simple.

The people who are disappointed about GT6 then should just move on!

And to say "GT6 was a disappointing game" is just another gtplanet-typical rant - For me GT6 isnt disappointing in any way and i still play it regularly since the relase which i cant say about any other game!

People are allowed to voice their opinions of the game. GTPlanet is named after Gran Turismo, but it's much more than just Gran Turismo.

All I can hear from all members here dislikes GT6 and you all guys prefer Forza 5 and FH2 and other racing sims without giving a single complain to those games (you should all leave this site for your sake).
I don't know if you've noticed, but once you get past the huge portion of the site dedicated to the individual Gran Turismo games, with their own myriad subforums, we have specific forums for Forza Motorsports, iRacing, the F1 series, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and Driveclub - so no, people who like other racing games than Gran Turismo should not leave the site for their own sake, but stay and discuss and learn about these other games in exactly the same manner.

We also have sections for other racing games, gaming in general, cars and motorsport, because it turns out that people who like car racing games also like cars, racing and games.

Further to that, we have general off topic areas, for random discussions, amusing things, other sports, films, television, computing, photography, music and the infamous current events section. In fact we have a significant number of very long term members who not only habitually post in those sections more or less exclusively, but haven't even played Gran Turismo since GT4. Some of them are amongst the smartest contributors to the site and we're glad they stick around.

So I'm sorry that you've come to GTPlanet expecting it to be some kind of narrow-focus fansite about GT6 with nothing but praise and the moderating staff employing martial law to beat down dissenting voices - but we'll live with your disappointment in us and take our quarter million member, ten million post, thriving and diverse community over that model any day of the week.

Gran Turismo 6 is still ahead in many sectors. Especially in races. Way more dynamic. Weather and time changes ever since 2010. Car selection is full of supercars yet everyday cars. Career mode is way more fun with licenses, missions, coffee breaks and weather changes. And buildup is also nicely executed (No more Cien for easy race like in GT4 and so on). Menus are very simple and pretty. Yes, Standards, lack of track maker and (lack of) many other feautures hold GT back but people still compare GT to Forza a lot and GT6 nicely keeps up in many sectors. And Gran Turismo 6 is not that bad but people still hate it like it's Big Rigs Over The Road Racing. Most complaints are because of things that are simply irrelevant and GT6 is still decent game with that.
But let people express themselves, they're free.

I don't know if you've noticed, but once you get past the huge portion of the site dedicated to the individual Gran Turismo games, with their own myriad subforums, we have specific forums for Forza Motorsports, iRacing, the F1 series, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and Driveclub - so no, people who like other racing games than Gran Turismo should not leave the site for their own sake, but stay and discuss and learn about these other games in exactly the same manner.

We also have sections for other racing games, gaming in general, cars and motorsport, because it turns out that people who like car racing games also like cars, racing and games.

Further to that, we have general off topic areas, for random discussions, amusing things, other sports, films, television, computing, photography, music and the infamous current events section. In fact we have a significant number of very long term members who not only habitually post in those sections more or less exclusively, but haven't even played Gran Turismo since GT4. Some of them are amongst the smartest contributors to the site and we're glad they stick around.

So I'm sorry that you've come to GTPlanet expecting it to be some kind of narrow-focus fansite about GT6 with nothing but praise and the moderating staff employing martial law to beat down dissenting voices - but we'll live with your disappointment in us and take our quarter million member, ten million post, thriving and diverse community over that model any day of the week.

The problem is that many many poeple doesnt seem to stick to the forum sections they would belomg to.

For people like me, who really like Gran Turismo the Gran Turismo section of gtplanet is an absolute mess!

The problem is that many many poeple doesnt seem to stick to the forum sections they would belomg to.
People can own and play more than one game. This means they can post in more than one forum when discussing them.
For people like me, who really like Gran Turismo the Gran Turismo section of gtplanet is an absolute mess!
In what way? Organisationally it seems fine to me, with questions about getting through the game in the Questions forum, Photomode galleries in the Photos forum and so on.

I absolutely understand you. Reading posts in gtplanet is to 90% depressing, everywhere just negativenes towards Gran Turismo. Why do those people even care about Gran Turismo when other games are sooo much better?! In my opinion they should just go away to the forum section they belong to!

In the time before the release of GT5 gtplanet was fun to read and a great source for news, but since the launch of GT5 it got worse every day.

I want to stay away from the gtplanet forum too, but its still the fastest source for News and i HAVE to know everything about Gran Turismo as soon as possible :lol:

The people who are disappointed about GT6 then should just move on!

And to say "GT6 was a disappointing game" is just another gtplanet-typical rant - For me GT6 isnt disappointing in any way and i still play it regularly since the relase which i cant say about any other game!

Surely there is something wrong when the developer itself admits that the game is a disappointment?

It's funny because you're telling people to leave because they're not happy with GT6 and PD's way to handle anything and you're the one "leaving". Have a nice day, see you on GTP in no time. :lol:

The main reason people here are complaining about GT and PD is because they have loved the GT series since it basically came out. It's their favorite racing game, they hate to see it being neglected on so many level, we might not use the best way to express our desire to see GT being push forwards instead of moving backwards on some aspect of the game. GT6 isn't BAD it just isn't GOOD ENOUGH for each one of our standards in terms of what's good and what's not.

Now, standard cars shouldn't exist because they're outdated on so many level and PD chosing to put them in GT7 is absolutely retarded (excuse me for my language). It's very likely that those cars are NOT going to use the PS4's full potential. This is something that shouldn't be happenning with a serie as well established as GT. They should take the time to make each one of those cars into full premium cars, they've spent so many years developping GT5 and they apparently never thought of making them premium so now we're stuck with low resolution cars for another game... what a shame.
I get that some of these are classic cars and that some people love those cars, but why don't they keep the most popular and classic cars and make them premium and lose the rest in a trash somewhere in their studio. They should make a poll on their website and ask people which standard they want to see in GT7 and make them premium instead of giving us these things?

That's it, I'm done here and I'll never come back to this site anymore... until later today, because "later" is the new "never".

The problem is that many many people don't seem to stick to the forum sections they would belong to.
No offence Ron86 but that is a silly statement. I do not own iRacing so should I not go to that forum to look at videos or Forza to look at photo galleries?

I really like GT and still play GT6 every day. The GT section of GTP, which is a fine community by the way, is nicely organised so I do not see the problem there. The main GT6 area is home is many crap threads but that is because people make them for the most mundane topics.

Surely there is something wrong when the developer itself admits that the game is a disappointment?
Can you please post a link where the developer itself admits that the game is a disappointment?

People can own and play more than one game. This means they can post in more than one forum when discussing them.In what way? Organisationally it seems fine to me, with questions about getting through the game in the Questions forum, Photomode galleries in the Photos forum and so on.

No offence Ron86 but that is a silly statement. I do not own iRacing so should I not go to that forum to look at videos or Forza to look at photo galleries?

No, this means that people who have stopped playing GT6 and now enjoy another game shouldnt post just things they hate(d) in GT6 in the GT6 forums - because you know, whats the matter of ranting around when they stopped playing it anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a new member who said that criticism, I believe this speaks volumes about the quality of the forum (GT section).

Can you please post a link where the developer itself admits that the game is a disappointment?

Kaz said that after each episode .... He's a perfectionist.

This is a new member who said that criticism, I believe this speaks volumes about the quality of the forum (GT section).

Kaz said that after each episode .... He's a perfectionist.
I think it means rather that kaz is disappointed that certain things arent the way he would like them to be then that GT6 is a disappointment!

Even if some people don't like some things in GT they are allowed to say it, this site isn't some dictatorship where all complains are banned. GT6 wasn't disappointment if all you want is good driving physics and a lot of cars, but some people want other things than that. Oh and for people saying that only GT6 has problems, you should read forums dedicated for other games too, that is where complaining about problems in other games than GT6 happens.
I think that Kaz at least admits it. He doesn't act like it's all ok. I think that he's a very good and brave person for saying that. Not many developers do that
Actually some of them do it sometimes not all though.

Last edited:

You make some good points - impatient fanboys, standard cars etc...

But personally, I feel it's unfair to slate the site itself as being disappointing. Perhaps what you're disappointed with is the feeling you get from some of the people who use the site? The site itself is quite decent (IMO), especially after some of the more recent updates to it. There are ways it could be improved, of course (nothing's perfect, quite literally), but it's probably the best it's been.

I do like the fact that you're voicing your concerns and are doing something about it, but is a boycott the way to go about things?

Well you could try looking on the news page...
Ok, i just took another look at the newspage...

... and i still cant find where kaz says that GT6 is dissapointment!

I don't like Forza Motorsport and yet, you will not see me on Forza section. This is simply common sense and respect.

Common sense and the respect to dont try without any sense to make the games that people like bad - absolutely!!

Btw, i know my english can be a bit strange :S ^^

Last edited:
... and i still cant find where kaz says that GT6 is dissapointment!

Some of [the games] have things that I consider mistakes. There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I could do them again. Better physics, sound, AI, graphics… I’d like to do everything all over again!

I think it's fairly reasonable to say that if the man would like the chance to do everything over again, he's disappointed in the results the first time. It's not there in those exact words, but it's pretty clear that he's not happy at all with how the games turned out on PS3.

I think it's fairly reasonable to say that if the man would like the chance to do everything over again, he's disappointed in the results the first time. It's not there in those exact words, but it's pretty clear that he's not happy at all with how the games turned out on PS3.

So he says that he has made mistakes in past Gran Turismo titles, that he isnt happy with some decisions of past Gran Turismo titles - again, i cant read anything from him about saying that "GT6 is a dissapointment!"

There is a difference between "i am not happy with this and this" and "my latest game is a whole dissapointment"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back