Half Life 2 gold!

• Thread starter Ev0
  • 14 comments

Ev0

That's right people, it's been finally announced as gold by Vivendi! The long wait is nearly over, after suffering through numerous delays, anxious fans will finally be able to get the game on it's worldwide release date of November 16th!

http://www.halflife2.net/

I've been following HL2's development before E3 2003, and this news has just made my day, as I'll soon be able to finally play what is to be one of, if not the greatest games ever! w00t!!!!

Well it's about time... They've only been putting the finishing touches on it for the last year or so. I've got the game all preloaded through Steam so I don't have to buy a physical copy of it but I probably will so that I can have a hard copy of the game.

I just hope that they don't have as many bugs in hl2 as there are in CSS. :mad:

After all this time Valve has had to develop HL2, the game had better be bug free. As in console quality bug free.

lets see... GTA SA: Oct 26. 2 weeks later, Halo 2. One week later, Half Life 2. One month later, GT4. :dopey: I know where my paychecks are going!

Event Horizon
lets see... GTA SA: Oct 26. 2 weeks later, Halo 2. One week later, Half Life 2. One month later, GT4. :dopey: I know where my paychecks are going!

Don't forget Metal Gear Solid 3. I think that comes out one day after HL2.

Yes great news, the next few months will be big. Early next year will be big also

Q1 2005

STALKER
Swat 4
Brothers in arms

👍

Ev0
After all this time Valve has had to develop HL2, the game had better be bug free. As in console quality bug free.
As in Driv3r quality console bug free ? ? ? ?

And I think yesterdays Penny Arcade pretty much sums up my feelings ATM....

20041015l.jpg

All those little lists arent just for one console are they? Makes me want to supe up my computer..i just upgraded and it still sucks..:( i mean, recommended 512 MB RAM? 2.4 GH?! like holy crap everything is starting to require so much to run... 👎

Don't worry about HL2. I've got a 2GHZ with 512mb of ram and a 128mb Radeon 9700, and I'm not worried about HL2 at all. The other next gen games (Doom 3, Far Cry) run just fine on my comp with a reasonable amount of options turned on.

Back