Has anyone seen the netKar Pro cover, see if you recognize it.

• Thread starter con360
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
UK
First off, here is the cover in question for netKar Pro RACING UK Edition:

nkpro_pc.jpg

Hmm, you might be saying, but for the more eagle-eyed GTPers, this is in fact a promo-shot for GT5 of the Ford Mark IV Race Car!

The GT5 image (original):

FORD_Ford_GT40markIVRaceCar_011-640x360.jpg

Now, I'm sorry but is taking another's image, slightly modifying it (read: hue change, changing a number and rubbing out sponsors) even legal?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this!

Now, I'm sorry but is taking another's image, slightly modifying it (read: hue change, changing a number and rubbing out sponsors) even legal?
No. Not even close to it.

It's also worth a note that, besides the terrible job they did of Photoshopping the number on the car, they also forgot to exclude the light cluster from the hue change as the Mk4's indicator is now blue...

The "3" on the nK cover's MKIV certainly looks photoshopped.. How I can tell? Look at it. The angle is horribly wrong. And it looks kinda small. And, as Famine beat me to, I've never seen a blue indicator. Not the kind of stuff you'd expect from someone trying to make a "Pro" game.

The "3" on the nK cover's MKIV certainly looks photoshopped.. How I can tell? Look at it. The angle is horribly wrong. And it looks kinda small. And, as Famine beat me to, I've never seen a blue indicator. Not the kind of stuff you'd expect from someone trying to make a "Pro" game.
Don't forget to note the white area around the number, where I can only assume the very first default Photoshop brush has been used without even thinking about the colour it is actually on.

Don't forget to note the white area around the number, where I can only assume the very first default Photoshop brush has been used without even thinking about the colour it is actually on.

Noticed that just now. It's day-and-night clear if you tilt your screen just a tiny bit. So much for visual presentation it seems.

Is this the official cover or just a mock-up made by some random on the internet?

fake-box-art.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the official cover or just a mock-up made by some random on the internet?

fake-box-art.jpg

I can assure you it is the official version, as I noticed it in my local GAME, picked it up for £2 brand new. If needed I can post pictures as proof.

I wonder if Kunos knows about this. Looks like a publisher ran amok.
Can't believe someone actually released that, it looks like one of those Asian/Middle Eastern bootlegs.

EDIT: I posted this on Racedepartment, where Kunos is active, one of the admins forwarded it.

Last edited:
I wonder if Kunos knows about this. Looks like a publisher ran amok.
Can't believe someone actually released that, it looks like one of those Asian/Middle Eastern bootlegs.

EDIT: I posted this on Racedepartment, where Kunos is active, one of the admins forwarded it.
Awesome, cheers!

I also asked UIG (which is a German publisher, mostly for horrible simulator games) on their facebook page for a statement. I doubt Kunos approved this atrocity, they even used that picture on Steam.

Back