Help with tuning (standing start)

• Thread starter TigerJonny
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
North Shields
EVILJONNY666
Fairly new to tuning in gran turismo. I can tune it for handling. But when i play with a group of friends online i can keep up with them most of the time around the tracks, but when it comes to starting they always seem to take off a lot quicker

So wondering if anyone can give me some tips or tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks

The possibilities are endless.
TC, SRF, tuned trans/suspension, timed launches, using different tyres and of course everyones favourite, E-cheat.

Can you be a little more specific?

Using touring cars, try to use the 4wd ones as often as possible. Not hard as 1/2 the TC's ARE 4wd anyway.
As long as you tune it using a Torque Split between 40/60 - to - 50/50, your car should have an advantage on the standing start jump.(Thats one trick that will work.)
That, and make sure your first 2 gears have the power they "need" on the slider, using the 'all the way left on the first gear' method usually is very bad for standing starts. (Thats two.)
Drop your camber to zero/zero if its not already, try that. (Three)
Try to have sufficient weight planted over your drive tires. [The rear of car on MR, RR, FR] This is not always 100% possible without destroying the handling, but try to whenever possible. (Four)

Thats 4 things without knowing anything about your specific car and current tune on it. Anything deeper then this will require more specific information.
The only thing to really keep in mind, is these are standing start and low-gear-Torque tips, you need to be careful how much you change your tune simply for the first 20 feet of a multi-mile race. You might accidentally detune your handling everywhere else if your not watching close.
Best advice: change 1 setting at a time and try it out, better yet, copy your settings to the B or C setting slot, so you don't lose your initial tune if you don't like how things are heading.

Fairly new to tuning in gran turismo. I can tune it for handling. But when i play with a group of friends online i can keep up with them most of the time around the tracks, but when it comes to starting they always seem to take off a lot quicker

So wondering if anyone can give me some tips or tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks
It could be your Transmission and it is not setup for a standing start.

As @demonchilde and @fordlaser777 pointed out, the culprit most of the time in standing start launch is drive train and transmission.
The big tricks to a standing start transmission and racing transmission is that are not really compatible, you either set up for launch or set up racing.
if you're cars have 6 gears (most TC's do) than you make a 3-6 racing transmission and 1,2 standing start launch, but you will have to remember to never shift in to 2nd on the track unless you absolutely have too.

The tuning method is basically this.
Determine the needed top speed for the track.
Set the final gear to 0.500-1.100 from the lowest number.
Set 1st and and 2nd to launch the car with little wheel spin and no RPM bog. (see @Master__Shake_ 1/4 mile guide)
Set 3rd-6th for racing. recommend, some what even spacing 2-3rd, close 4th/5th, and over drive 6th. (longer gear)
Set final far left. (lowest number)

Thats probably my problem. I have the 1st and 2nd gear at its shortest. Sometimes i pull off quicker, but for a very short time

Ive tried setting the final gear to its longest then the top speed to lowest. Then set the gears, then adjust the finsl gear again. I know what im doing with the final gear i think its the others ghere the problem is

What about doing longest possible 1 st gear, meaning at it will drop on launch from Redline to start of power range and skid from there slightly and then starting to pull firmly toward Redline. Achieving speed around 80-100kmh before changing to 2nd.

What about doing longest possible 1 st gear, meaning at it will drop on launch from Redline to start of power range and skid from there slightly and then starting to pull firmly toward Redline. Achieving speed around 80-100kmh before changing to 2nd.
Lunch depends on the car.
4WD you're gently going short due to the insaine grip they have,
Everything else as short as possible without excessive burn out.
If the longest setting is still just peeling go to mud setting and set 2nd longest possible and than shorten until the tach drops and sticks at the start of the power band. If this can't be done, rebuild with a higher speed and repeate above.

Back