Historical lap times from historical moments.

• Thread starter robo82
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
My new hobby within the game is to find cars and try to match their laptimes from real world historical races. Obviously loads of differences, but I'm working with what I've got.

Currently with the 1988 Jag I slapped some racing softs on and went to le mans (the 1988 no chicane circuit). Managed to pretty much match the qualifying time one of the jags posted back then putting me in 7th on the grid.

It's a floored idea, I know, and without really knowing the exact conditions of the day and presuming the track is scaled correctly I'm quite happy with my first attempt. Bearing in mind I'm sat on my sofa with a ps4 controller and eating bits of chocolate during the straights.

I just wonder if anyone does anything similar? And if I'm completely off with my idea. I don't really care if I am, it's a bit of fun and adds a different spin to an already excellent game.

GT's no chicane La Sarthe is not the same as the 1988 track. There's a major deviation at the esses after Dunlop, and numerous minor changes elsewhere.

I just wonder if anyone does anything similar? And if I'm completely off with my idea. I don't really care if I am, it's a bit of fun and adds a different spin to an already excellent game.

I've been doing something totally different but still kind of historically accurate, in custom races you can give the AI drivers cars from your garage and whatever names you wish so I've been pitting them against each other.

20220415_233304.jpg

Each car was given it's own driver so R. Zonta was in the CLK that started from pole, J. Lammers in the XJR-9, etc (annoyingly S. Buemi wasn't available for the TS050 since there is no Swiss flag 😡 so I used Nakajima instead).

The best fight was a battle for 16th between C. Schickentanz in the red pig Mercedes and D. Bell in the Ferrari 250 GTO (he co-drove it at Goodwood in the same livery as is default in the game) which lasted for the full half hour even as the prototypes lapped them and through a short downpour.

I may be a massive nerd...

GT's no chicane La Sarthe is not the same as the 1988 track. There's a major deviation at the esses after Dunlop, and numerous minor changes elsewhere.

That's interesting, thanks for finding.

I've been doing something totally different but still kind of historically accurate, in custom races you can give the AI drivers cars from your garage and whatever names you wish so I've been pitting them against each other.

View attachment 1140664

Each car was given it's own driver so R. Zonta was in the CLK that started from pole, J. Lammers in the XJR-9, etc (annoyingly S. Buemi wasn't available for the TS050 since there is no Swiss flag 😡 so I used Nakajima instead).

The best fight was a battle for 16th between C. Schickentanz in the red pig Mercedes and D. Bell in the Ferrari 250 GTO (he co-drove it at Goodwood in the same livery as is default in the game) which lasted for the full half hour even as the prototypes lapped them and through a short downpour.

I may be a massive nerd...
I like your efforts here, good work!

Nice idea, I plan to beat some RL laptimes as well. I'll post some we can do it in game (if we have the car).

La Sarthe (w/chicanes):
3:14.791 - Car: Toyota TS050 Hybrid ----- 2017 24hr Le Mans Pole

Nurburgring Nordschleife:
6:43.161 - Car: Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series ----- 2020 Official Record attempt

Nurburgring 24Hr:
7:57.474 - Car: Audi R8 LMS Ultra ----- 2014 VLN Endurance Championship Pole

Nurburgring GP:
1:39.444 - Car: Audi R18 e-tron Team Joest ----- 2016 6hr Fuji Pole

Spa Francorchamps:
1:57.394 - Car: Toyota TS050 Hybrid ----- 2019 6hr Spa Pole
2:03.930 - Car: Toyota GR010 Hybrid (will be in the game) ----- 2021 6hr Spa Pole
2:18.146 - Car: Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo ----- 2020 24hr Spa Pole

Suzuka Circuit:
1:34.533 - Car: Super Formula Dallara SF19-Honda ----- 2020 Super Formula Championship Pole
2:23.993 - Car: Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (FK8) ----- 2021 Official Record attempt (FF Car)

Brands Hatch:
1:23.950 - Car: Audi R8 LMS Evo ----- 2019 GT World Challenge Pole

Monza:
1:31.470 - Car: Peugeot 908 HDi FAP ----- 2008 1000km Monza Pole

Interlagos:
1:22.363 - Car: Toyota TS030 Hybrid ----- 2012 6hr São Paulo Pole

Fuji Speedway:
1:22.763 - Car: Porsche 919 Hybrid ----- 2017 6hr Fuji Pole

PS: I will update this list further.
And I'm only going for Qualifying/Time Attack lap times (which are usually the fastest laps on a circuit), not race times.

Last edited:
Back