1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
@a6m5: Love the cars, especially that Woodie. :drool:

For me, every TH, even the basic ones, are rare. Its about tripled when its a Super TH. :crazy:
Just because you didn't find one doesn't mean they are rare. It just means a hoarder beat you to them. :lol:

Edit: If you guys are talking about what I said, yes, tons of people are finding tons of the super gassers at Dollar General stores.

I'd rather spend $1 on an $TH than as high as $60+. Although if I really wanted a certain $TH that bad, I'd probably wreck my wallet and/or bank account for it. :lol:

In my honest opinion, supers are over rated. They really are not all that rare. I laugh when I search for one on ebay and find tons of listings where most of them have "RARE!" in the title. Umm...no.

This is why I collect rare wheel variations. Because they truly are rare.

Got any Dollar General's around you? Check them all. Tons being found right now in the shippers they are getting.
I can believe that, a few of my treasure hunts I have found over the years were from Dollar General. In my area it seems everytime they stock up, there usually one waiting there.

It was sort of rare, but not to those of us who check the pegs every now & then. I'm a big fan of the mainline Gasser, so even with that front thing I don't like, I still had to shell out the big bucks for the $TH. Pricing didn't quite reach the level of the Bluebird wagon $TH, but they routinely went for $35+ shipped.
Oh gosh, that Bluebird. I see so many of them things at The Hot Wheels Newsletter group on Facebook.

In my honest opinion, supers are over rated. They really are not all that rare. I laugh when I search for one on ebay and find tons of listings where most of them have "RARE!" in the title. Umm...no.

This is why I collect rare wheel variations. Because they truly are rare.
I'm not sure if they are overrated, because it's not simply about the rarity of these cars. It is also about the demand & popularity.
Oh gosh, that Bluebird. I see so many of them things at The Hot Wheels Newsletter group on Facebook.
:(
I'd rather spend $1 on an $TH than as high as $60+. Although if I really wanted a certain $TH that bad, I'd probably wreck my wallet and/or bank account for it. :lol:
I don't know about $60, but there are some I just have to have. Kool Kombi's next.

Thank you, Angy. $30, shipped.

Noice. One day I'll have the balls to uncard my $upers for photos. Should see all the loose $TH 599XXs on eBay right now.

If I really wanted a certain car that bad, I'd probably wreck my wallet and/or bank account for it. :lol:

Been doing this since 2014. Oh wait.

=============

HW Exotics 5-Pack Bottom Tier:

Aston%2BMartin%2BV8%2BVantage%2B(2014%2BHW%2BExotics%2B5-Pack).jpg

Aston%2BMartin%2BOne-77%2B(2014%2BHW%2BExotics%2B5-Pack).jpg

Looks like these two were ready to do some rock climbing. I'll be fixing that before I throw 'em up on the wall.

The rest:

Porsche%2B918%2B(2014%2BHW%2BExotics%2B5-Pack).jpg

Lambo%2BReventon%2B(2014%2BHW%2BExotics%2B5-Pack).jpg

Lambo%2BAventador%2B(2014%2BHW%2BExotics%2B5-Pack).jpg

Noice. One day I'll have the balls to uncard my $upers for photos. Should see all the loose $TH 599XXs on eBay right now.
I have. I wish I bought them when they were new. :crazy:
Created by scalpers and hoarders. ;)
Going by the number of bids & $$$ they collect online, I think it's safe to say that the demand would still stay pretty significant without any involvement from scalpers.

I know were your going with that one. Not going to lie, that BMW M3 has REALLY been growing on me with every passing hour since I posted it here. I almost wish I could get it, but that's probably my relentless personality kicking in again that I got from my dad.

I don't know about $60, but there are some I just have to have. Kool Kombi's next.
Great, the Kombi's that just adds to the list of hoarded vehicles I see. :P

Great, the Kombi's that just adds to the list of hoarded vehicles I see. :P
See, I disagree with Jason on the scalpers setting the prices of Super Treasure Hunts, but on the mainline Kool Kombis, Bluebird Wagons, those are scalper/hoarder affected prices. Affected market does not command $20~$50 per car like with the popular $THs, but maybe $3~$4 per car(plus shipping). Very annoying. :irked:

This debate again?

1038.gif

Excuse me while I flood your notifcations with cars you don't like. :P

Fast%2BFish%2B(2014%2BHW%2BGoal%3AYellow).jpg

Fast Fish 2014 HW (Not FIFA-related) Goal

Nitro%2BDoorslammer%2B(2014%2BHW%2BRace%3ABlue).jpg

Nitro Doorslammer 2014 HW Race - Thrill Racers

Yursofast(2014hwgoal).jpg

Yur So Fast 2014 HW Goal

Last edited:
See, I disagree with Jason on the scalpers setting the prices of Super Treasure Hunts, but on the mainline Kool Kombis, Bluebird Wagons, those are scalper/hoarder affected prices. Affected market does not command $20~$50 per car like with the popular $THs, but maybe $3~$4 per car(plus shipping). Very annoying. :irked:
I honestly don't understand half of what your saying. :P

I used to be really obsessed with treasure hunts when I was younger but now I don't care nearly as much. Right now I would take a Ford Sierra and few other ex Corgi's over most $upers I see nowadays.

I honestly don't understand half of what your saying. :P
I was saying that the scalpers & hoarders have the ability to drive up prices, but only so much. They could absorb every single mainline Kool Kombi from the market, it would not rocket the prices up to the type of money the Super Treasure Hunt command online is what I was saying.
I used to be really obsessed with treasure hunts when I was younger but now I don't care nearly as much. Right now I would take a Ford Sierra and few other ex Corgi's over most $upers I see nowadays.
And I'm sure many collectors would agree with you. However, $TH just have crazy draw & that's just how it is. *shrug*

Regular TH's are junk now, not worth much more than the cardboard they are attached to. $upers on the other hand, depending on the casting, are still worth quite a bit more but I still think they are over rated. That's my opinion. ;)

Since I am photographing stuff for eBay, I snapped a couple more (not for sale!) since I had the camera out:

DSCN7198.JPG
DSCN7197.JPG

I was saying that the scalpers & hoarders have the ability to drive up prices, but only so much. They could absorb every single mainline Kool Kombi from the market, it would not rocket the prices up to the type of money the Super Treasure Hunt command online is what I was saying.
Ah that's what I thought you were saying but you "sort of" lost me on that last sentence. :lol:

And I'm sure many collectors would agree with you. However, $TH just have crazy draw & that's just how it is. *shrug*
I still do for $upers as well, but not as much as some other castings I know.

Regular TH's are junk now, not worth much more than the cardboard they are attached to. $upers on the other hand, depending on the casting, are still worth quite a bit more but I still think they are over rated. That's my opinion. ;)
Yea I lost some interest in them when they did away with the green stripes, they pretty much went downhill from there for me. $upers are still pretty good but I see them posted so much, they have kind of lost some meaning to me.

Don't get me wrong, I would still take a treasure hunt if I saw one, but nowadays I would rather collect Redlines (or really any old Hot Wheels in general) and ex Corgi's than most regulars.

Hot Wheels 2009 Japan Convention Camaro & Deco Delivery

I recently acquired the Deco Delivery, loose, but when the complete set came up for cheap, I had to get it. This Camaro....... :drool: Mirror finish is so buutiful.
I love how you had to clear your tomicarama of almost everything just to fit that M2 Hauler into shot. :lol: So freakin awesome though, and that Beetle too. Curse you. 👍
Yeah, Beetle I left on the pegs when they were new. My taste has definitely matured. :embarrassed: On the M2 Hauler, I also had to clear out the building for the TLV buses. I don't mind, they are cool! :D
That would be cool. Looks like it sold already...
Yeah, I think they were gone within half an hour of me linking it. I had never seen one before, I'm sorry you missed it. :crazy:
Bought a red Hot Wheels Ferrari 156, and it's not bad for 3 USD. Looked so good that I placed it alongside my Kyosho Ferraris.
I've been after the Hall of Fame version, but I chickened out at every opportunity. I know Andy has one. :grumpy:

The Civic isn't a multipack exclusive. The Mustang is though.

Bought a red Hot Wheels Ferrari 156, and it's not bad for 3 USD.

Yeah? Which release might that be?

I've been after the Hall of Fame version, but I chickened out at every opportunity. I know Andy has one. :grumpy:

It's only a fraction of what you paid for that set. :P

Back