How to buy new breaks?

• Thread starter inside
  • 4 comments
Inside7
Hello.

Can anyone tell me how to upgrade breaks on my cars? I just can't find anywhere in the tuning shop where I can buy new breaks? And when I enter the tuning menu from my garage, the only thing listed under "breaks" is "brake balance controller".

Thanks in advance :)

Don't believe there is an option to upgrade the brakes. There is brake bias controller settings under your cars setup. Depending on the car, you will usually want to take a few points out of the rear and add to the front. 8 front/ 3 rear seems to work well with me for most setups. Also, turn your abs up from 1 to 2 or 3 wherever you feel comfortable at without locking up the brakes. It will assist in braking response somewhat allowing you to brake a little later going into a turn. Hope that helps answer your question and fill in the gap on how to improve braking.

Don't believe there is an option to upgrade the brakes. There is brake bias controller settings under your cars setup. Depending on the car, you will usually want to take a few points out of the rear and add to the front. 8 front/ 3 rear seems to work well with me for most setups. Also, turn your abs up from 1 to 2 or 3 wherever you feel comfortable at without locking up the brakes. It will assist in braking response somewhat allowing you to brake a little later going into a turn. Hope that helps answer your question and fill in the gap on how to improve braking.

Thanks. I will try the 8/3 configuration today! Right now I'm playing without ABS, so maybe it is because of that some of my cars have breaking problems. (using G25 wheel, and I'm not blocking the breaks, but at high speeds the cars begin to slide sideways when I'm breaking)

But thanks for the help :D Just think It is weird, that they in the apex book describe different types of steel and carbon breaks, and then it isent possible to buy them in the game.

i run 5 front 6 rear to balance everything out evenly. might try 8 and 3

and i believe race mods upgrade brakes, or at least they do visually.

Yeah, that's silly! I'm quite disappointed with this. You can change, modify and upgrade every single thing out of a car except the brakes.

Then, why they speak about them in the APEX booklet, do they think I'll get a better ones in my REAL LIFE car? C'mon....

Back