How to Reduce Tirespin?

• Thread starter AlexW
  • 20 comments
Pro__Tunes
toe angle I norm put -1.00 front .075 rear then I tweak from there

Are you sure?
Try .3-.4 front, -1.0 rear add front ballast and set your trans for a quickshift. Also check the tuning guides in the stickies. Full of usefull info :)

null_zpsaf47e0ce.jpg

Follow this transmission flip"
1st put final: between 3600 and 3750, then top Speed: 112 and now bring final to lowest, 3000. Always flip any FWD between 600 and 750 away from lowest. If lowest 2000, flip it between 2600 and 2800!

1: all the way to the left
2: 10 to 15 clicks to the left
3: Almost the same length as 4th gear but a bit longer than 4th.
4: Max
5: Max
6: Max
Final: 3.000

Torque: -----

Ride Height: Min/Max
Spring Rate: Min/Max
Dampers E: 10/2
Dampers C: 1/10
Bars 1/1
Camber: 0/3.5
Toe: 0.15/-1.00

DC5 use blast so add weight, like 90kg.
DC2 use blast so add like 60kg.
EK97 use blast so add like 150kg

Launch in 1st and quick shift to 2nd, this is something you need to practice!

People really aren't being to nice about this. When someone asks for help we should be helping them and conducting ourselves in a professional manner, that's the true definition of a pro. I know he could've looked in the tuning bibles but still. Toe angle helps in reducing wheel spin as does a bit of camber, on a front wheel drive car you want the camber on the rear wheels and more toe on the rear than the front, that should help you out but wheel spin is always present no matter what, even 4WD cars have wheel spin, just not a lot.

Danny280zxturbo
Follow this transmission flip"
1st put final: between 3600 and 3750, then top Speed: 112 and now bring final to lowest, 3000. Always flip any FWD between 600 and 750 away from lowest. If lowest 2000, flip it between 2600 and 2800!

1: all the way to the left
2: 10 to 15 clicks to the left
3: Almost the same length as 4th gear but a bit longer than 4th.
4: Max
5: Max
6: Max
Final: 3.000

Torque: -----

Ride Height: Min/Max
Spring Rate: Min/Max
Dampers E: 10/2
Dampers C: 1/10
Bars 1/1
Camber: 0/3.5
Toe: 0.15/-1.00

DC5 use blast so add weight, like 90kg.
DC2 use blast so add like 60kg.
EK97 use blast so add like 150kg

Launch in 1st and quick shift to 2nd, this is something you need to practice!

Great post 👍. Nice to see other people actually answering the question in a helpful way, instead of making a completely pointless post to show off and make yourself look like a jerk. Thumbs up man.

@OP.

This guy's advice is good. One thing you got to remember, stay away from short low gears. Find the medium, you don't want it to bog down, but at the same time you don't want it to spin too much. Spend some time practicing tuning the gears on these FWD cars, it's all about the perfect combination of grip and slip.

I disagree posts like that are why kids coming on tune begging. Simple tips all that need be shared let them learn. -1.00 rear toe .20 front toe and ballast weight cures wheel spin

I disagree posts like that are why kids coming on tune begging. Simple tips all that need be shared let them learn. -1.00 rear toe .20 front toe and ballast weight cures wheel spin

This is basic tuning jspec and that’s how I started way back, reading here and asking for help, there is nothing wrong with this. I remember when I used to ask for help and people will act like they were God! A good teacher will give the right guidance to a student and it will all depend on him if he wants to learn more! Even with this tips some people won’t even know how to apply them, at the end is also about a good reaction time at INDY! I remember when I was new…people that were cocky make me become this beast! Revenge against all this type was my motivation!👍

Are you sure?
Try .3-.4 front, -1.0 rear add front ballast and set your trans for a quickshift. Also check the tuning guides in the stickies. Full of usefull info :)

Someone did give him simple advice it seems to have gotten lost in the normal BS that goes on around here.

Back