How to use alternate power in hybrid vehicles?

If the car has "KERS" it will show in your fuel hud
shot0002.png
Battery icon, the red arrow indicates giving/using power and green arrow is charging .
Pressing the Nitro button will activate the extra power.
But it is not a "WOW THAT'S A KICK". <<<-- i guess not true, Kers is active or not depending on the car itself

If you stop pushing the gas and the car keeps moving, the red arrow turns green and the battery is charging.

Last edited:
I did test on the NSX concept for Kers, however it's not work only the Nissan 2020 VGT have working Kers.

How to use the electric power (KERS) on the car. But someone said It doesn't work, sadly.

Whoeps, i think i found it.:dunce:
I changed my previous post.:grumpy:
The info in that post came from people on GTplanet.:confused::dunce:
So i tested it on routeX freeroam.
Acura NSX Concept '13, has kers but the car uses it only the first second when changing gear.
The rest of my drive, the arrow stays grey and the battery green.

Then i took the vision nissan.
Hit the throttle and away it went, i pushed the nitro button and i believed it myself that it did something
because the battery slowly discharged.
NO IT DID NOT, it only showed R2 Nitro left down in my screen.:banghead:
I did a second run, no nitro button, and the battery discharged the same way.

So you have the extra power when the Arrow in your "fuel hud" is RED.

i'm recording now, prius touring uses "kers" also no button used.

@dddsprayshop I believe both your explanations are wrong. I don't mean to put this off in a sharp tone, but only the Nissan VGT has a working power boost system outside of standard nitrous oxide. You must press the Nitro button on the VGT to get the sudden increase in acceleration capability. It is a bit subtle, but you will notice it if you are keen-eyed.

Oh, and the battery will deplete with the red arrow regardless of if you're using the power boost or not.

To answer the OP's question, you cannot fully switch to alternative power in GT6.

@dddsprayshop I believe both your explanations are wrong. I don't mean to put this off in a sharp tone, but only the Nissan VGT has a working power boost system outside of standard nitrous oxide. You must press the Nitro button on the VGT to get the sudden increase in acceleration capability. It is a bit subtle, but you will notice it if you are keen-eyed.

Oh, and the battery will deplete with the red arrow regardless of if you're using the power boost or not.

To answer the OP's question, you cannot fully switch to alternative power in GT6.

You are right about the nitro for nissan.
Without the nitro button pressed the car needs 21 second to reach topspeed.
with the button pressed it needs 12.88 seconds to reach topspeed.
Wow.
But not for the Acura NSX Concept, only uses electric power until 3rd gear.
Only option for extra boost is only the nissan 2020 vision then ( for now).

You are right about the nitro for nissan.
Without the nitro button pressed the car needs 21 second to reach topspeed.
with the button pressed it needs 12.88 seconds to reach topspeed.
Wow.
But not for the Acura NSX Concept, only uses electric power until 3rd gear.
Only option for extra boost is only the nissan 2020 vision then ( for now).

Can't you use KERS on the Toyota TS030?

And It's funny because the battery icon never shows up.

Can't you use KERS on the Toyota TS030?

And It's funny because the battery icon never shows up.
I don't have that car (yet?) so I don't know,
(whoeps, some wrong text, i deleted it)

But i noticed that the Pescarolo c60 hybrid also has not battery at the fuel gage.
So i'm wondering why the "hybrid" in it's name?
But then again, it could be a hybrid with electric power, but just has no k.e.r.s. system on board.

In case some people are wondering if k.e.r.s. is the extra power with nitro button.
K.e.r.s. is actually recharge your battery from kinetic energy and has nothing to do with the special gimmic that the Nissan VGT has (extra power kick by pressing nitro button).
K.e.r.s. is active when you let go of the gas and/or press brake.

wow, i'm hungry, going to make me some dinner, it's 6:26 pm here.I'm late with my dinner:banghead:

I don't have that car (yet?) so I don't know,
(whoeps, some wrong text, i deleted it)

But i noticed that the Pescarolo c60 hybrid also has not battery at the fuel gage.
So i'm wondering why the "hybrid" in it's name?
But then again, it could be a hybrid with electric power, but just has no k.e.r.s. system on board.

In case some people are wondering if k.e.r.s. is the extra power with nitro button.
K.e.r.s. is actually recharge your battery from kinetic energy and has nothing to do with the special gimmic that the Nissan VGT has (extra power kick by pressing nitro button).
K.e.r.s. is active when you let go of the gas and/or press brake.

wow, i'm hungry, going to make me some dinner, it's 6:26 pm here.I'm late with my dinner:banghead:
I think the C60 Hybride was not actually a hybrid. It may have been called that because it was redesigned base with an updated engine.

That is not KERS either. KERS does gather energy when not accelerating, but then it can release that power with the push of a button. That's the application of KERS in F1, anyway.

I think the C60 Hybride was not actually a hybrid. It may have been called that because it was redesigned base with an updated engine.

That is not KERS either. KERS does gather energy when not accelerating, but then it can release that power with the push of a button. That's the application of KERS in F1, anyway.
So i learn a lot from you, and i looked further for more info.
So it is used for more power while accelerating on english wiki.
And for temporary power for later use on a dutch wiki.
But those both apply to racing in F1, same as you wrote.

It is accepted by FIA 2009, but tested in 2008.
teams agreed to NOT use it in 2010, but because some rules changed in 2011, teams used it again.
Now it is promoted with new rules to increase power capacity and reduce engines from 2.4ltr to 1.6 ltr engines in combination with this system.

And i was thinking, i'm just playing a game called Gran Turismo.

Thanks for all your input.

The Nissan 2020 VGT has a TERS turbo, I don't think any other hybrid in GT6 has one. The boost button on the Nissan triggers extra power from the TERS turbo. As in faster spool up and the recovered energy from the TERS turbo is sent to the drive line via the KERS system on the drive line.

The Nissan similar to 2014 F1 have what's called an ERS system. Intergraded TERS + KERS unlike the bolt on KERS systems.

Last edited:
Back