Hyundai Veloster U.S. Rallycross Rhys Millen Racing #67 Rhys Millen 2011

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 13 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

This car received the 7000th from JK83

StarLight presents another rally car, this time the Rhys Millen's Hyundai Veloster a with 500 HP!

There are more famous racing families than the Millens, but not many. While Steve Millen was closely associated with Nissan, his brother and nephew have long been associated with Hyundai That nephew is Rhys Millen, the drifting champion we know and love. And this is the latest tool of his trade.

Rhys Millen Racing started with the new Veloster coupe that debuted last month at the Detroit Au to Show and stripped it down to nothing. They stripped the chassis to its bare metal, soaked it in alkali for five days and then reinforced the welding. They replaced the metal body panels with carbon/Kevlar to cut 75 percent of the shell's weight, dropping the scales down to 2,656 pounds (1,205 kg). The company stripped out the interior and fitted a custom eight-point roll-cage, firewall and Sparco bucket. What's more, the Veloster rallycross car uses an unspecified custom long-travel suspension, with 18-inch HRE wheels, Hankook rubber and 14-inch Alcon brake discs (12-inch in the back) gripped by six-piston calipers all around.

The real treasure, though, sits under the louvered hood: Hyundai's 2.0-liter four-cylinder bolted to an HKS ball-bearing turbocharger driving a whopping 500 horsepower (373 kW / 507 PS) and 600 lb-ft (813 Nm) of torque through an X-Trac six-speed sequential to all four wheels and an all-wheel drive system. . Hot diggity damn.

acsdxz.jpg

2evew6b.jpg

HERE ARE THE OTHER HYUNDAI:

Last edited:
Rhys Millen Racing sure diserves to be in GT. How can this be a "driving simulador" without even having one of the most iconic dirt racers of the latest years! I just have a question though: Is this a rally car or a RallyCross car?

Rhys Millen Racing sure diserves to be in GT. How can this be a "driving simulador" without even having one of the most iconic dirt racers of the latest years! I just have a question though: Is this a rally car or a RallyCross car?

Actually is it a rallycross car ... but they named also as a rally car. :ouch:

Actually is it a rallycross car ... but they named also as a rally car. :ouch:
Ah! I thought so, as I remember watching this car race in the Global rallycross championship in Montalegre, Portugal. With Liam Doran, Tanner Foust and Timizianov (If that´s how you write it) :lol:

@StarLight may I suggest a namechange? Sorry I have OCD... :P

Think this was before they renamed it Global Rallycross...

Anywho, rallycross is definitely the in-thing when it comes to racing... the FIA didn't make a world championship out of it for nothing.

@StarLight may I suggest a namechange? Sorry I have OCD... :P

Think this was before they renamed it Global Rallycross...

Anywho, rallycross is definitely the in-thing when it comes to racing... the FIA didn't make a world championship out of it for nothing.

DONE!

Thanks for the heads up. 👍

Back