[IMG] tags with control key, just like bold and italics etc.

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 9 comments
GTP lets users employ control+i to throw in some italics tags to the post, same with underline, bold etc etc. I know this may be a Windows function, because I know you can do the same thing in Word and elsewhere in Windows, but is there a way to change these hotkeys in vB? I'd love to have a control+(something) to throw in tags. I know I'm not the only one who hangs out in the more visual-oriented parts of these boards who could use such a function.

Pwetty Pweez?

[SIZE="1"](On a tiny related note, I wish Firefox had a "copy image location to clipboard" on the right click menu, but that's nothing to do with GTPlanet)[/SIZE]

Even the quick reply window has an image icon, surely it's no slower using that than a keyboard shortcut?

I use the IMG tags a fair bit for the F1 Caption comp, I don't find it that much of a hassle. However, if it's simple enough to have a keyboard shortcut, then it might be handy.

On your bit in brackets:

Couldn't you just leave each location open in a tab? Perhaps there is an add-on for that?

That would definitely come in handy.

related note, I wish Firefox had a "copy image location to clipboard" on the right click menu, but that's nothing to do with GTPlanet)[/SIZE]

Umm, it does :dopey:

12055718mk2.jpg

Even the quick reply window has an image icon, surely it's no slower using that than a keyboard shortcut?

Well there are Italics shortcuts, which are right above the reply box too. I use a laptop, where mousing is slower and less precise than a regular mouse. Just think, you could put a picture in with this sequence of keys

Ctrl+(image key)
Ctrl+v
End key

That's as fast as typing STi which even the fastest mouser can't top. When you're preparing image-oriented threads, such as many of the ones I visit, then it would save loads of time.

How the hell did I miss that? I never really looked I guess...

GTP lets users employ control+i to throw in some italics tags to the post, same with underline, bold etc etc. I know this may be a Windows function, because I know you can do the same thing in Word and elsewhere in Windows, but is there a way to change these hotkeys in vB? I'd love to have a control+(something) to throw in tags. I know I'm not the only one who hangs out in the more visual-oriented parts of these boards who could use such a function.

Pwetty Pweez?
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to disappoint, but that's not something that I am able to easily do. WYSIWYG hotkeys are programmed within the editor's Javascript, and it would take a considerable amount of time to successfully implement a new one.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but that's not something that I am able to easily do. WYSIWYG hotkeys are programmed within the editor's Javascript, and it would take a considerable amount of time to successfully implement a new one.

I thought it could be something deeper than just a little options box somewhere. Thanks for looking into it though!

While it may be hard to do for you, I doubt it would take long for the vB devs to implement it, as I assume the WYSIWYG editor is something they designed. With you being a license holder of the software, you do have access to their forums, perhaps mentioning it there might allow it to show up in a future vB update.

It was actually suggested by a prominent vB modification author last year, but was ignored. Jelsoft, unfortunately, isn't that responsive to feature requests or suggestions, but I acknowledge the magnitude of their task and the sometimes limited benefit of the features that many site owners bring to them.

Back