Improve Body Rigidity!!!!!

• Thread starter Tazz69
  • 19 comments
Tazzz69
Has anyone done it on street cars. I race 450 to 550pp online and in GT5 I found that it would tighten a car up or cause it to push. So I had to purchase all new cars and start over since this cant be removed from the cars. I was wanting to know has anyone tried it in GT6? Did it make the car handle better overall or just one end of the car. Say it caused it to push or it loosened them up. I wish this could be added and removed like everything else in the game.. So I would like to hear from others that have done it to street cars. Race cars need not answer as I dont race them a lot.. Thanks guys and gals.....

I didn't ee any difference. At least it's not bad. I didn't tune any FF with it, but speaking of FR MR , it's OK... or better, it's not bad. Or even better, it don't make anything at all for those cars.:lol: In my very humble opinion.

I was just wondering the same thing. I haven't done any testing yet, but in GT5 it would kill a cars usable oversteer and make them push like you said. Some cars that were oversteer prone it would help cure some of it. But I usually opted to tune out the oversteer instead of improving body rigidity. So keep in mind when you test it make sure you are starting out with a balanced car.

I didn't see any difference. At least it's not bad. I didn't tune any FF with it, but speaking of FR MR , it's OK... or better, it's not bad. Or even better, it don't make anything at all for those cars.:lol: In my very humble opinion.

I wasn't going to say anything yet, because it's a little surprising, but since you asked. I was getting my butt kicked on the NASCAR series today with my Ford, so I messed with the suspension a little. I'm not that much into NASCAR so I just wanted to get it done. It still had too much oversteer since I didn't want downforce so...I changed the oil. While I was there I did the chassis improvement thing. When I got back, I not only won the Daytona race, but also the others easily. I mean I was half a track in front of second place at Twin Ring. I know the oil change adds power, but not like that. When I remembered to change the oil in my new Veyron it added one MPH.

So I'm not sure what really went on here. More testing is needed.

I did very little testing on this last nightwith a Honda Integra. It didn't feel like Gt5's version where it added a ton of understeer, but I really couldn't tell much difference. My lap times were near identical with two of the same cars, same mods, same settings. I thought i might be able to tell since the fwd Integra already understeers, but maybe I need to try RWD.

I have to completely retune my cars when I do this. Higher spring rates and lowering it work well with the increased rigidity.

Seems to be necessary for fitting Racing Tires to road cars, gets rid of that last little bit of body movement that spring rates/dampers/ARBs can't deal with.

I'd say that if you feel your car could do with being more stable and constant but upping the suspension stiffness makes it harsh and unresponsive then Body Rigidity Improvement might hold the solution, conversely if you want to use the weight transfer to get faster weight shift and response then you are probably best off not fitting it.

Higher front spring rates promote direction change. Upping the overall stiffness of the suspension makes it more response, until you go over board and it isn't absorbing enough energy from the driveline and/or road. It helps until it starts making the car slide around. I used to do very soft setups. Better braking on average as well with higher spring rates as it can kill a bit of nose dive, stabilizing the rear. At the same time, stabilizing the front when you open up the throttle. Springs are solely for supporting vehicle weight. Dampers control reaction to response and input. Every has their own methods to their madness, though.

I used body rigidity very often, always give good result :) I have some rally replica made from road car, they all have rigidity. I even added it on my race car replica built on race car :lol: I did a baseline setup without then installed rigidity, only needs a damper tweak and maybe a click on ARB to make it drive like without. A well tuned suspension will only need little tweaks.

I used body rigidity very often, always give good result :) I have some rally replica made from road car, they all have rigidity. I even added it on my race car replica built on race car :lol: I did a baseline setup without then installed rigidity, only needs a damper tweak and maybe a click on ARB to make it drive like without. A well tuned suspension will only need little tweaks.
Rally replicas in GT5? Or in GT6?

Some were made in GT5, I have 1 already on my garage in GT6, the TMG R3 Rally GT86, and another is a fantasy rally replica Subaru Legacy Wagon GTB - rigidity optional.
Then, could you put the tunes of TMG R3 Rally GT86, please? I would like to see it.

Then, could you put the tunes of TMG R3 Rally GT86, please? I would like to see it.

It's been posted a few months ago :

Toyota Motorsports GmbH 86GT CS-R3 Rally Car

Tuned to replicate TMG 86GT CS R3 Rally Car - based on CS V3 Cup
Sports Medium / Dirt / Snow

CAR : Toyota 86GT '12 or Scion FR-S '12 or Subaru BRZ S '12
Tire : Sports Medium / Dirt / Snow

Specs
Horsepower: 266 HP at 7600 RPM
Torque: 187.1 ft-lb at 7100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1080 kg
Ballast : 35 kg
Ballast Position : -36
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46 - same as CS V3 86GT Cup Car it's based on.
Performance Points: 456

GT AUTO
Oil change
Wheels : Standard Size - any wheels. ( Dirt and Snow have preset wheel )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED ) -MANDATORY- as the rally spec will have welded rollcage and body reinforcement.
Car Paint : White or any color.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust ( R3 spec requires silencer )
Intake Tuning ( R3 spec allows intake manifold modification within certain limitation )
Catalytic Converter Sports
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Fully Customizable Suspension
Full Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission

Suspension - OHLINS TTX44 Rally Spec Coilover Gr N derived
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 155 150
Spring Rate: 6.50 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 8 4
Dampers (Extension): 7 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( zero camber all around if want max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.15 0.08

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - R3 spec sequential box with homologated stock gearing + rear diff ratio
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed to 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.626
2nd 2.188
3rd 1.541
4th 1.213
5th 1.000
6th 0.767
Set Final Gear : 4.100

LSD - 1.5 way high preload for rally
Initial Torque : 48
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Aero
Front : 0 ( Fixed )
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The real car is not yet released, but I already made a would be replica :lol: Okay, the TMG 86GT CS R3 rally car is for 2015 season. Based on CS V3 Cup success, TMG plan to enter the rally world with FR 86GT. With different R3 rules than VLN V3, the car has less weight, more power and upgraded with mechanical LSD, rally spec suspension, and sequential gearbox.

The replica is WIP, meaning when the car actually released with additional infos, I will update the tune to reflect the new spec. In the mean time, this will do, built for tarmac, dirt and snow, the tune works for all surfaces, 3 sets of tires ( SM, Dirt and Snow ). The R3 replica tested and tuned at Toscana, Chamonix, Matterhorn, and Eiger Trail.

Have fun sliding with 86 GT, the FR heaven :cheers:

It's been posted a few months ago :
Ah! Didn't know that, but anyway... The tune looks awsome... Especially when an R3 will make an debut in WRC. :sly:

Anyways, I also would like to see more of rally tunes made by you, I'll need them for a few future plans. I do not mean the Legacy and the 86 GT but an replica for Ford Focus RS WRC'02, for example.

Yup, great mod, makes the cars much more consistent for me. Its like all the setting hold and don't flex all over the place.

Back