Is there any point in the difficulty level?

• Thread starter GazB_UK
  • 91 comments
Hi all,
New to GTPlanet and GT7 but im wondering what the point is to the dificulty rating.

I started on hard and ive been progressing nicely (apart from the famous gr3 event at the start) and now ive got to the stage where i cant win gold without either tuning the cars up (which i really cant be bothered with) or turning the setting down to normal. Ive just got to menu book 11 and 12 (french hot hatches and petite course de france) and i cant get gold. It was only today that i realised that the prize money doesnt change with difficulty so im now tempted to go down to normal.
Ive got a couple of questions.

1. If i stick with hard am i expected to tune up cars for upcoming events to be able to compete and get gold?

2. The update from polyphony mentioned further upcoming changes to prize money for events based on a number of factors but will one of those factors be the difficulty setting?

Also, sorry if this has already been covered. 🙂
I think the point of the difficulty setting is to adjust it to your ability. If you are winning races too easily crank it up, if you can't win anything crank it down. It's interesting to know that the rewards are the same so those who don't want to earn their credit can crank it down and get rich quick

Another take:
I find it nearly impossible to have a clean race against ai, if not set to max level
On low level they are always in the way

Back