It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, this is such a first-world forum. There are better things to whine about, you know. Like, oh I don't know, the situation in the Ukraine, the fact that Mugabe is still sitting his incompetent ass in the big chair in Zimbabwe, or the fact that many African countries are still largely without power. But nope, we're here drumming our fists and beating down doors because we haven't yet gotten something we were promised, not realizing that a) many people in the world will never make enough money in their entire lives to buy a PS3 and GT6, and b) for most of those people, broken promises are a daily occurrence.

Now wake up and be grateful for what you have and stop bitching about the game.

May I bit:censored: if I live in a third world country? Because I do :D

The Zahara Circuit was first teased on Jan 21 during the Live Stream event, then officially teased a few days later at the Taipei Game Show. At this time the "February" update was announced. 5+ weeks seems like a long time to wait on a track that appeared finished in the teaser video. While there is still technically time to release the update before March, all PD really needed to do was release a statement that the update was delayed. Leading your customer base on just leads to anger and this thread.

We can only hope that the update includes more than just Zahara, and that all the other features it comes with took longer than expected. However, I'm preparing myself for disappointment.

This is the info we've received from GTP News, and it may or may not have been correctly translated from what Kaz actually said.

"A new track is coming for Gran Turismo 6, set to be released some time in February."

"Although the Sony and Polyphony Digital representatives on-hand at the event kept most of the details about the location secret, they did confirm we’ll be learning more about it in an update coming to the game this February."

"Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife’s 26km of tarmac. As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."

Note that the information seems to have some discrepancies. Also, I've been told that Kaz said the track would be around 27km which means it won't actually be "the longest in GT6".

I think PD's once-in-a-blue-moon, vague, one-sentence statements may be getting mistranslated, meaning the obscenely low amount of communication we are getting may not even be correct.
Those quotes are all mine, and they're all correct; they don't come from Kazunori, but from the SCEA and PD representatives I spoke with when I hosted the round-table discussion on PlayStation's Twitch channel. Of course, plans must have clearly changed since that time.

If it's any consolation, I have spoken with SCEA and the update is coming, but exactly when that will be remains a mystery.

Those quotes are all mine, and they're all correct; they don't come from Kazunori, but from the SCEA and PD representatives I spoke with when I hosted the round-table discussion on PlayStation's Twitch channel. Of course, plans must have clearly changed since that time.

If it's any consolation, I have spoken with SCEA and the update is coming, but exactly when that will be remains a mystery.
Just the fact that it is on it's way is very pleasing to hear. I appreciate it Jordan, and I'm sure many others here do as well.

Jordan, please; do you know if the update has a chance at being released this weekend? The answer will lessen drama around here dramatically... even if it's the answer we don't want to hear.

God, this is such a first-world forum. There are better things to whine about, you know. Like, oh I don't know, the situation in the Ukraine, the fact that Mugabe is still sitting his incompetent ass in the big chair in Zimbabwe, or the fact that many African countries are still largely without power. But nope, we're here drumming our fists and beating down doors because we haven't yet gotten something we were promised, not realizing that a) many people in the world will never make enough money in their entire lives to buy a PS3 and GT6, and b) for most of those people, broken promises are a daily occurrence.

Now wake up and be grateful for what you have and stop bitching about the game.

Hmm, I don't know, maybe that's because people went and dropped full price on a half assed game and actually want something remotely competitive to the competition? I get supporting PD, and I bought it to play with online friends, but quite frankly, I'm sick of dropping my hard earned money on some half ass excuse of a game, and then getting told one thing and getting nothing, and when we do get something, it'll probably suck and they'll ask some high price. It's like GT5.2. I don't know about you, but I'm sick of this garbage and quite frankly, I'm actually a bit pissed.

I'm seriously considering selling them. GT has not been good since GT4, and some say that wasn't even good. GT is getting dusted by the competition and everyone knows it; it's not some secret. You're basically paying for some mediocre game that looks like it was made by a bunch of teenagers in their college dorm for recreational useage. You aren't buying a game anymore. You aren't buying a simulator. You're buying a name, and that's all there is to it.

I'm satisfied. Done simple. Thank you Jordan. Pd and Kaz need to thank you hire bow to you. That was all fans want a little communication. I understand to an extent. Gt will always be my racing game but I will only take so many broken promises. Thanks for the time to verify the quotes. I have some patience left. Would like a little info on fixes but that's another story. I don't post much. Thank you Jordan you run a great site Take notice PD Kaz

Jordan I would like to thank you for posting this and thanks for taking the time away from your life to contact SCEA about this because while I agree about PD being silent about DLC and or updates I will say DLC is subject to change and yes while Jordan says all this was his words and that was what was said back then PD may have had a issue with coding or something and had to delay the track. I'm not worried about this because think about this. While were getting these small DLC updates what do you think PD is working on? Fixing what bugs are present in the game and also don't forget the Big Senna DLC coming.. I think that Senna DLC is a big priority for PD right now because that will bring in alot of fanbase for GT and really make a name for the GT series.. Just give PD time guys all I can say.

Jordan, please; do you know if the update has a chance at being released this weekend? The answer will lessen drama around here dramatically... even if it's the answer we don't want to hear.
We will be getting something within 7 days. Big car companies love Making the trip to snowy cities in Winter.

We will be getting something within 7 days. Big car companies love Making the trip to snowy cities in Winter.
This must be a riddle for a new VGT car... Snowy cities.... where is it snowing... It snows in Geneva. When is the Geneva auto show?

edit: Geneva auto show times, press days March 2-3, 2014; that's definitely within 7 days.

edit edit: Snow forecasted for March 1st.

Last edited:
This is all I, and 1000 others, wanted to know. Thank you, now I can sleep without wondering about the update.
But now I wonder about the 2nd part of your post...my guess is Geneva.

This is all I, and 1000 others, wanted to know. Thank you, now I can sleep without wondering about the update.
But now I wonder about the 2nd part of your post...my guess is Geneva.

I searched, Geneva is within 7 days and its going to be snowing. I second your guess.

wonder if March 4th is the day I am aware I am being to optimistic since gta v updates that day. Here's to hoping if not ahh give another week I assume it will be there.

wonder if March 4th is the day I am aware I am being to optimistic since gta v updates that day. Here's to hoping if not ahh give another week I assume it will be there.
Geneva auto show doesn't start til the 6th. The info Jordan dropped hints that it will be related to the show. So when he says 7 days, it looks like it will be on the 7th day...almost as if though he knew all along...:mischievous:

Those quotes are all mine, and they're all correct; they don't come from Kazunori, but from the SCEA and PD representatives I spoke with when I hosted the round-table discussion on PlayStation's Twitch channel.
I know you didn't make any mistakes in your reporting, but that doesn't mean they gave you the correct information.

For example:
"As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."
That made it sound like the Red Bull cars would be released with the new track through one update in February. We now know that is not the case, and it brings in to question all the other things they have told you.

Geneva auto show doesn't start til the 6th. The info Jordan dropped hints at that it will be related to the show. So when he says 7 days, it looks like it will be on the 7th day...almost as if though he knew all along...:mischievous:
makes sense Jordan might have known but he just can't say outright but the hints is all we need.

I know you didn't make any mistakes in your reporting, but that doesn't mean they gave you the correct information.

For example:
"As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 “Fan Car” models."
That makes it sound like the Red Bull cars would be released with the new track through one update in February. We now know that is not the case, and it brings in to question all the other things they have told you.
At the time it was the correct information. Like Jordan said, it changed sometime after that. That doesn't make the info he was given at that particular time wrong.

At the time it was the correct information. Like Jordan said, it changed sometime after that. That doesn't make the info he was given at that particular time wrong.
They announced that the Redbull events would be released at the end of January, then announced that they would be released in February, then released them at the end of January.

That just doesn't make sense to me unless there was an error in the communication.

I remeber a long quite complicated riddle from known member Amar before the release of GT5. It was very fun watching people crack it. Everything came true also.

They announced that the Redbull events would be released at the end of January, then announced that they would be released in February, then released them at the end of January.

That just doesn't make sense to me unless there was an error in the communication.
I surely remember them updating the original announcement saying they would be released at the end of January, which they were. It must have been an error in communication with multiple things being discussed at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back