La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Let’s just say if these are indeed ra+e photos and not Scapes, there is weather and day transition. It’d have to be an hour to give us that 24H feel. PD can’t do us dirty this time. They just can’t…
IMG_3857.jpeg

IMG_3858.jpeg

Last edited:
Toyota TS020 Great cheap car for this race and a easy 8 lapper.

Performance wise is like a cross between a group c car and a p1 car.

4 Laps on FM1.

My advice buy has many as you can I bought 4 since I only had 10M
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328040633_1.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328040622.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240328040653_1.jpg

Last edited:
I bought this wonderful car too haven't used it yet in the WTC 700 but I did try it out in the new race which is very embarrassing that it pays less for more time that you have to put out. The WTC 900 at Lemans will average you 40 minutes time and it is unknown what will kill the clean race bonus because I tapped a car and I went slightly off track during my race and all I got was the 400k where is the WTC 700 on a base win without the crb will net you 550k. This is a slap in the face to all of us who is hoping for a decent endurance race from PD shame on them.

I'm buying eight. Three for '98 liveries to three for '99 liveries. A road version livery and the stealth livery. That's my twenty mil gone to a good cause.
Same I'll be buying a few more before it leaves the lcd as well.

I also tried the Urus but the damn thing couldn't get to even 2 laps.:(

Huge , HUGE disappointment from GT one .
That car its totally uncompetitive at least at 700pp.
The difference from other cars in his class is night and day .

Did 3 laps stock and just quit, put intermediate tyres ,did one race only to evaluate tyre wear and that's all.

Perhaps isn't classified as group C1 but as C2 like mercedes clk for example.
Whatever it is .........is another car that in couple of weeks from now ,he will start to walk to the twilight zone 😂

Am kind of busy with other parts of game but ill be back from my final verdict.
Not that will change something, its a crap and he will remain a crap .

What a waste........... What a waste........

Last edited:
Is it even possible to win the new Le Mans 900 race in the GT-One?

The AIs car seems to have a more powerful turbo looking at the boost pressure on the replay and is somehow more fuel efficient than my car that's tuned down to 610hp! The AI GT-Onr went from 18th to the lead by lap 3...

The AIs car seems to have a more powerful turbo looking at the boost pressure on the replay and is somehow more fuel efficient than my car that's tuned down to 610hp! The AI GT-Onr went from 18th to the lead by lap 3...

Yes its possible with stock one but....this race is a joke.
You loose the CRB with just a single mistake ( am not referring to collision with other car ) .
I race it today to see what the CRB is but didn't get it due to step on pit exit line and two 0.500 penalties.
Also loose the brakes twice when i was on RH tyres after first pit stop.
Don't know what was exactly the cause but its like every other race , one single mistake and by-by CRB.

Also GT one is a joke , understeery one .
Lack on brakes and has weird behaviour as stock at least .

Yes its possible with stock one but....this race is a joke.
You loose the CRB with just a single mistake ( am not referring to collision with other car ) .
I race it today to see what the CRB is but didn't get it due to step on pit exit line and two 0.500 penalties.
Also loose the brakes twice when i was on RH tyres after first pit stop.
Don't know what was exactly the cause but its like every other race , one single mistake and by-by CRB.

Also GT one is a joke , understeery one .
Lack on brakes and has weird behaviour as stock at least .
Hmm okay. Strangely enough I did actually manage a clean race bonus on my first attempt when I ran the race with the racing hards. I thought I was going to win the race by feeling my way into it slowly and then putting my foot down in the second stint. But I only just about scraped 2nd, a long way behind the AI.

I've tried hard then medium and was just about matching the AI in the second stint so I guess there is hope. Problem was the AI was 45 seconds ahead by lap 5!

I didn't think it feels too bad. It's an old car now and maybe the real car struggles with low speed corners as I presume the car was built for Le Mans only.

Huge , HUGE disappointment from GT one .
That car its totally uncompetitive at least at 700pp.
The difference from other cars in his class is night and day .

Did 3 laps stock and just quit, put intermediate tyres ,did one race only to evaluate tyre wear and that's all.

Perhaps isn't classified as group C1 but as C2 like mercedes clk for example.
Whatever it is .........is another car that in couple of weeks from now ,he will start to walk to the twilight zone 😂

Am kind of busy with other parts of game but ill be back from my final verdict.
Not that will change something, its a crap and he will remain a crap .

What a waste........... What a waste........
C’mon smooth. Take a breath with me… woosa…woosa… :lol::sly::cool: It’s all good.

I’ve got the video loading, but this is the “I ain’t got time to watch yo’ thirty minute video” version. ;) :lol:
Just gotta polish it a bit. Did a quick set up. Even sixth gear is usable to conserve and gap the AI.
The finish is only that close because I pit when I saw rain. Other than that, the fuel economy and speed is excellent.
IMG_3861.jpeg

IMG_3862.jpeg

IMG_3863.jpeg

It’s an amazing machine.
20970358380692237.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with Smooth on this one. Very disappointing at 700pp and this track, that the GT one was actually built for! This is an iconic car and should be special, but it's not special in any way. Yes it looks great and the cockpit view is good, but that's about it. At 700pp it's slightly faster than a stock GR4 car, very impressive when you consider a stock GR4 is 640pp. For comparison the old Group C cars, the R92 and the like, at 700pp, are 20 seconds a lap faster than the GT one. 20 SECONDS! I'm just bummed that it's crap.

Yes on easy. Lost by a minute to the other GT-One on hard

Added the race to my post above.
I'm with Smooth on this one. Very disappointing at 700pp and this track, that the GT one was actually built for! This is an iconic car and should be special, but it's not special in any way. Yes it looks great and the cockpit view is good, but that's about it. At 700pp it's slightly faster than a stock GR4 car, very impressive when you consider a stock GR4 is 640pp. For comparison the old Group C cars, the R92 and the like, at 700pp, are 20 seconds a lap faster than the GT one. 20 SECONDS! I'm just bummed that it's crap.
Honestly, what’s the point if the race is thirty minutes? The race is mainly about economy. That’s the advantage of the prototype cars. The GT-One can do six laps and still is faster in a straight line than a Gr.4 car. From the way I drove it, it’s not behaving silly with understeer, oversteer or spinning the tyres. The laps I spent on IM in the dry, the tyres still held up good.

Thing is, we’re still not shelling out massive credits for the GT-One. If it were a ten million Cr. car(I forgot how the F1s and CLK perform in this race) probably even more hate for it. Like I mentioned, if I didn’t pit early(the little late brake I did at the end, was me not concentrating), the gap would have been the normal one minute plus.

If the ultimate goal is to do eight laps, I don’t know what to say about that.

Added the race to my post above.

Honestly, what’s the point if the race is thirty minutes? The race is mainly about economy. That’s the advantage of the prototype cars. The GT-One can do six laps and still is faster in a straight line than a Gr.4 car. From the way I drove it, it’s not behaving silly with understeer, oversteer or spinning the tyres. The laps I spent on IM in the dry, the tyres still held up good.

Thing is, we’re still not shelling out massive credits for the GT-One. If it were a ten million Cr. car(I forgot how the F1s and CLK perform in this race) probably even more hate for it. Like I mentioned, if I didn’t pit early(the little late brake I did at the end, was me not concentrating), the gap would have been the normal one minute plus.

If the ultimate goal is to do eight laps, I don’t know what to say about that.

Yup the TS020 is so bad for this race it can easily 8 lap the race in under 33:30.:lol::rolleyes:

Did two WTC900 races.
The first was at 603BHP/924kg, FM1. Was able to get to Lap 7. Finished in 4th after passing a ‘16 NSX and the F1 that ran out of fuel just after pit entry.

Second race was stock. Finished P1 27 seconds ahead of the other TS020. Pit half distance for fuel and tyres. The F1 finished 3rd, one minute thirty-three behind.

Watching the clock in the GT-One, race time started 6:45 and finished 21:45.:confused: Might as well make it a 20 lap race for 800,000Cr. Always half-butt with PD. Can’t fully commit.

I don't know guys , maybe i was waiting too much from GT one and that's why i disappointed so much.
Was hoping that R92CP and 787 was having a new competitor but was not even close to them or their " brothers" .

I agree that a higher race needed to place all those cars from modern era but shouldn't be so sterilised to get CRB .

Did anyone of you knows what's the outcome with the CRB ?
Or no-one make it yet ?

Anyway , someday ill try it again but right now i lost the mood to do it .

Yes on easy. Lost by a minute to the other GT-One on hard
Just managed it on hard now with my 'stock' car. And my definition of stock is a little loose. I was trying to make the car similar to the real car so settled at 611hp as 600hp was the quoted figure of the real car but racing teams always seem to go over their quoted figures..

For this attempt I ran mediums on both stints and the trick was getting ahead of the AI TS020 early on when it gets stuck in traffic in the Indianapolis to Ford Chicane region of the circuit.

Once I was ahead the AI TS020 didn't have the pace seen in other races. A usual quirk of Gran Turismo 7s AI. This allowed me to pull out a small lead before pitting and this was vital as the AI uses far less fuel and only came out 4 seconds behind me on lap 6.

After that we were totally matched for pace. They'd gain lots through the Mulsanne and the run down to Indianapolis and I'd make it all back through Porsche Curves.

I won by around 4 seconds with a fastest lap of 3:35.6 and I was regularly running 3:37 laps throughout the race.

I tried the TS020 at both LeMans races for the 700 I used the following setup
18e8a59e94489-screenshotUrl.jpg

18e8a5a114d25-screenshotUrl.jpg

I ended up adding a lot of ballast to get it to 700 pp. I turned the braking LSD down to 30. I was able to get 7 laps on FM3 in a dry race. I did have to change it to FM6 for the last lap. I think whenever I take it back to the 700 race I might run FM1 and I should get like 3-4 laps.
Right after this race I did the 900 race and used this setup
18e8a5a2db383-screenshotUrl.jpg

18e8a5a489366-screenshotUrl.jpg

I added the high rpm turbo and lowered the rear downforce a but to get a little bit more speed on the straights but that made it a little bit squishy coming out of curves. The interesting thing about that is if I came out of the curve in 4th gear it would behave but in 3rd and 2nd it would be squishy. I had a spinout on lap 2 but there was no yellow flag. Anyway I was able to make to lap 7 before pitting at FM6. I could have made it to lap 8 but the RMs needed to be changed. So I used FM1 the last three laps.

You should see it gimped down to 600pp for Tokyo. I had to wall ride to win. :lol:

I don't know guys , maybe i was waiting too much from GT one and that's why i disappointed so much.
Was hoping that R92CP and 787 was having a new competitor but was not even close to them or their " brothers" .
Exactly this. Expectations are a bitch. I admit calling the GT one "crap" was an overreaction on my part, but... this car was a beast in previous GT's and now it's just not. Yes it's now the best maxed out Gr 2 car in the game, but that's about it. Can it compete with any Gr1 car at 900pp, even 800pp.. no. At 700 it's average at best, yes it can do 8 laps but so can 50 other cars. I'm disappointed in the way PD decided to treat the GT one, it should be more versatile.

Exactly this. Expectations are a bitch. I admit calling the GT one "crap" was an overreaction on my part, but... this car was a beast in previous GT's and now it's just not. Yes it's now the best maxed out Gr 2 car in the game, but that's about it. Can it compete with any Gr1 car at 900pp, even 800pp.. no. At 700 it's average at best, yes it can do 8 laps but so can 50 other cars. I'm disappointed in the way PD decided to treat the GT one, it should be more versatile.

I agree to what you wrote mate .
Ok , using the word Crap maybe its too " heavy" about the car but certainly is a crappy move from PD side .

At 700 pp isn't something that makes you want to ride it again .
Testarossa was more enjoyable and faster that this one for example.

Bad brakes at least on RH tyres , weird behaviour and understeery one .
It gives me the impression that instead of snappy rear , has snappy front end 😂

And at the 900pp race that i run it once wasn't something special.

When the new TT ends ....... nobody will remember if is in the game or not after few weeks.

i've done a search and cannot find a thread like this one for the 1 hour race at SPA. Would it be ok if we added that race to this thread also?

There’s this one.
Can’t see any harm in posting about results in that thread.

There’s this one.
Can’t see any harm in posting about results in that thread.
Thank you

i've done a search and cannot find a thread like this one for the 1 hour race at SPA. Would it be ok if we added that race to this thread also?

I already EDIT the thread so you can easily write and about Spa here without a problem 👍

Better late than never.

That's a tough one 😂 .

Am waiting you to bring here all the reports from Spa and not only the number of bollards.
Well, a quick report on my run at Spa with the TS020, it was surprisingly a dry race, there were blue splotches on the radar with spot or two of dark blue but nothing ever rained on track! Therfore I had made some errors in my pit strategy, thinking it would rain as it usually does I put on IMs at first sign of rain and in dry conditions the GT-One eats IMs in 6 laps. RH tyres last much longer.
If it wasn't for my pitting errors I would have had a bigger margin for the win, the gap between me and P2 was down to a mere 23 seconds.

In addition to the Spa endurance race I will also post the reports of my runs in the new 10 lap race @ Le Mans.

P.s. 18 bollards, most turns have 2 but there is one turn that has 4, one has 3, and there is one lone bollard before the long back straight.

Last edited:
Back