Lamborghini Lanzador (EV Concept)

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Lamborghini is set to reveal a new EV on August 18th.

1692047786166.png

Lamborghini has a teaser photo for a vehicle debuting on August 18. The text of the Instagram post promises: "Something new and truly thrilling is about to be unveiled."

The Italian automaker previously announced it was debuting an electric vehicle concept sometime during Monterey Car Week. August 18 falls into this timeframe, so the evidence points to this being our first look at the EV.

The teaser image provides a good look at the vehicle's silhouette and beltline. The lines are smooth from what we can discern. However, the greenhouse has sharper points at the front and rear. These factors might hint at the EV concept mixing the brand's familiar angular styling elements with the softer shapes that we commonly see on electric vehicles for improving the drag coefficient.

Lamborghini described this concept as the "first prototype of our fourth series production car" in the previous announcement.

In July 2023, Lamborghini confirmed that its first EV would be a 2+2 grand tourer. Company CEO Stephan Winkelmann said the vehicle would be "much more daily usable" than the Huracan replacement or new Revuelto. It's also not an SUV.

My guess is it's the Estoque on the Taycan / E-Tron GT platform since a lot of the body lines look quite similar

1692047873392.png

Would be interesting if the Estoque was making a return, just updated to fit Lamborghini's current styling. I believe Winkelmann once said they were shelving the Estoque concept for the time being way back when because the car was not ready for the market at the time.

Last edited:
Pretty disappointing if I'm honest. Based on the speculation, I was expecting it to be a Taycan/E-Tron GT in Lamborghini clothing, but looks like this will morph into yet another SUV. :indiff:

I don't like it, but it is what the Urus should have been instead of the Touareg-in-a-frock we got.

It's not horrible looking. But it does seem like a just extremely predictable and bland. If there's anything a Lamborghini shouldn't be, it's bland. Perhaps it is a sign of what's to come, that the beast of Lamborghini has been tamed. However, if it did look just like the Estoque concept from an unfathomable 15 years ago, I would be quite pleased.

Lanzador officially revealed

1692385733690.png

1692385738909.png

1692385744849.png

1692385757195.png

1692385775802.png

1692385784263.png

1692385806698.png

As a concept, the Lanzador doesn’t have too many concrete details as to the EV powertrain found underneath its bold skin. Lamborghini says that it will feature dual motors with a high specific output, giving it all-wheel drive. Powering those motors will be an unspecified “high-performance battery, which also ensures a long range,” but again, details are scant. Lamborghini will cop to one significant figure, however: The Lanzador will boast 1 megawatt of power, which translates to [1,341 horsepower].

Helping corral all that grunt is the Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva system, which provides precise aerodynamic control of a movable front splitter, sideways blades at the rear, an extending diffuser, and shutters within the air curtain system. In its most efficient mode, those aero elements adjust to provide minimum wind resistance, while sportier drive settings ratchet up downforce for better control.

An active suspension system also appears on the Lamborghini Lanzador, with air springs, adaptive dampers, and rear-axle steering improving performance and stability. Likewise, precise torque vectoring helps distribute power to the forward and rear motors, with each sending power right and left to provide snappier turn-in and more balanced handling.

[...]

The Lamborghini Lanzador concept is the latest proof of the company’s new decarbonization ethos, called Direzione Cor Tauri. The brightest star in the constellation Taurus, Cor Tauri also means “the heart of a bull” in Latin. The automaker is pointing to Cor Tauri as an aspirational symbol, reducing its carbon footprint without abandoning the spirit of the bull that Feruccio Lamborghini idealized.

For starters, every Lamborghini will be electrified in some way by the end of 2024, with the Lanzador arriving in 2028 as the fourth model in the automaker’s lineup (and its first EV). The production-spec Lanzador will be built near the company’s headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese, and the automaker is planning on hiring additional employees to support the EV's development and production. Price is obviously a good distance away from being finalized, but considering the cheapest Lambo currently demands well over $200,000 and the Revuelto crests 600 large, don't expect the Lanzador to be cheap.

I'm confused 🤔 Is it an SUV or is it a car? Or is that the future of automobile as we know! Talk about identity crisis!

This car is not absolutely incredible. At least not in a good way. It’s not merely disproportional, it actually has no proportions at all which is an accomplishment. The Estoque was somewhat extreme, the Asterion was pretty, but this has the shape of a 2000s Dodge Intrepid sitting on 22 inch wheels.

IMG_5535.jpeg

Honestly don’t know what Lamborghini is thinking. They’ve got two perfectly excellent concept cars that would’ve fit this bill, both super popular and attractive designs.

Last edited:
I’m not the target market, but was anyone actually asking for a Gallardo crossover?

In person first impressions of the concept

I think I've warmed up to the idea of it. It's sort of like the Ferrari FF / GTC4 Lusso. I think my main issue is the ride height. It would have been cooler if it was much lower

Back