late Newbie

• Thread starter StagGT
  • 3 comments
Singapore
singapore
stevencheam8@gmail.com
Hi.. i know most of the gurus have move on to Forza 5.

if anybody still play forza 4? Anybody?

I just bought over a 2nd hand and started to play this game. I would like to ask 3 questions here and hope if it can be answer...

1) Caster matters. what is the right tune for caster? I running very negative (-1) and this seems better in turning for me but reading thru this forum. Most of ppl are running at 5 - 6.8 above. what is the differences between neg and positive?

2) Career mode. I notice the names above the cars are in red. what does it stand for?

3) Damage mode. I notice my up/down shift are always 100% damage by 2nd lap (is there something wrong here?) when do I really need to shift up? Does it is needs to be on the red line (like 3rd to 4th)? How about shifting down then?

I am running on controller in manual w/ clutch and only with ABS on.

Thanks in advance.
cheers
StagGt

1) I never personally messed with caster so no clue there although you are the first person I have ever heard of using negative....

2) I would think that it's the setting for 'names over cars' I believe it's under 'HUD' in the setting if you want it off. Single player is only going to show you the fake names anyway. Multilayer is where is semi useful in telling you who is behind you.

3) Sounds to me like you are not hitting the clutch button before shifting or not holding it long enough to finish shifting. By default it's mapped to LB

I just recently started FM4. I have been driving manual with clutch. I found it easier to map the A button as the clutch and then hit the A+B or X buttons at the same time. Good luck it is taking me a bit to learn it.

Back