GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this is what we want to make, yes?

And yes, that is a Subaru engine you hear in the video!!!

prodrive_p2-2-L.jpg

prodrive_p2-1-L.jpg

I too think we need separate threads. One for aesthetic/design (pics and discussion), and another for component/engineering (pics and general discussion). 2 threads are all i think we need really.
@YukinoSuzuka I'd completely forgot about the Suzuki S-ride. That thing is awesome.

I had this thought last night, but I just don't think it would work. The reason I say that is because there could end up being engineering decisions made that effect the design or vice versa that would be difficult to keep track of. I also think the two threads would just be difficult to manage to keep everybody on the same page and on track.

I honestly think the best bet might just be to set a list of priorities for the group to follow, work on one thing at a time, and ask anyone who has an idea that doesn't relate to what's being worked on at the moment. To write it down somewhere and share it when we get to that part.

How about we make it clear what stage we are on in the title?
Yes i think i can do it. Regarding the place to contain all ideas, i can't have a better idea than having a blog or web. of course if we have a sub-forum that would be useful.

I had this thought last night, but I just don't think it would work. The reason I say that is because there could end up being engineering decisions made that effect the design or vice versa that would be difficult to keep track of. I also think the two threads would just be difficult to manage to keep everybody on the same page and on track.

I honestly think the best bet might just be to set a list of priorities for the group to follow, work on one thing at a time, and ask anyone who has an idea that doesn't relate to what's being worked on at the moment. To write it down somewhere and share it when we get to that part.
there's a Project Phased Process Plan in the OP and we're currently in phase 3. I think it would be useful to have something that everyone can see so we can view and keep track of it rather than just writing it in notepad. but you get the basic idea right to roll the ideas at the right phase/moment.

I agree with keeping things in one place. Design and Engineering will need to go back and forth. Design puts down a concept, Engineering tells them what's needed to make the design functional and gives them changes. Design then takes the changes and tries to make them fit with the theme.

I agree with keeping things in one place. Design and Engineering will need to go back and forth. Design puts down a concept, Engineering tells them what's needed to make the design functional and gives them changes. Design then takes the changes and tries to make them fit with the theme.
I know we have head designers in the community roles, but do we have "head engineers" to make sure things are kept in check whenever it comes to that section?

I was thinking of a Porsche-inspired design (similar to a 956/962). I do have a sketch of it, but I haven't got a picture. The dimensions will be like that of an Alfa Romeo 4C and have a flat 4 engine in order to keep a low centre of gravity

Isn't it a good idea to keep the car more a secret for the main crowd on gt planet and only post on gt planet when a poll starts.

To be honest, I think the fb group isn't working. Less possibilities to talk and discuss about in seperate threads.

Could we launch our own forum, every section (exterior front, exterior middle, exterior rear, engine, wheels, hybrid etc etc) with the main subjects : Actual design, ideas, inspiration, cross-link thread (where components from other sections will 'meet' with components in a other section, like In-wheel hybrid engines -/- aesthetic design of the rim??)

Just a small php forum ? Every page, including the OP, in this thread needs a link to our forum, to keep this thread alive as well 'our' forum?

Edit: It is possible to post your ideas here, they need to be posted in
our forum also, if the person isn't a member on our forum, ask him about if he's interested to be a contributor on our forum or for permission to copy his idea (with his name) on our forum for storage?

Last edited:
@YukinoSuzuka i think i can make the forum if i have spare time but one of my concern is that would everyone want to join the forum since let's be honest, not every people want to go back and forth to different places. Guys your opinions will be much appreciated

@YukinoSuzuka i think i can make the forum if i have spare time but one of my concern is that would everyone want to join the forum since let's be honest, not every people want to go back and forth to different places. Guys your opinions will be much appreciated

I think your concerns are right, but otherwise, it's easier to find people who are keen & experienced with designing and making something out of ideas and sketches, rather they like gt6 or not, we need a bigger staff, with our own forum we could search for more input outside gtplanet.
I see it like the whole wmd-forum I've watched the last 2 years with Project cars. It's really helpfull to give everybody the space and ability to contribute on seperate ideas/designs, together with fans and real designers this is what we need to get more sight on where we are, other then the answer 'we are now on stage 3'.

For me, where English is not my native language, technical & designer-talk English is hard to understand.

I think your concerns are right, but otherwise, it's easier to find people who are keen & experienced with designing and making something out of ideas and sketches, rather they like gt6 or not, we need a bigger staff, with our own forum we could search for more input outside gtplanet.
I see it like the whole wmd-forum I've watched the last 2 years with Project cars. It's really helpfull to give everybody the space and ability to contribute on seperate ideas/designs, together with fans and real designers this is what we need to get more sight on where we are, other then the answer 'we are now on stage 3'.

For me, where English is not my native language, technical & designer-talk English is hard to understand.

I see the advantages and disadvantages, i think with our own forum indeed it give us a lot more space. Now.. One more problem if we migrate all work here to our team forum i'm afraid this thread will slow down , if this thread finally dead cause we move our works i'm afraid it will lose the GTPlanet persona.That's my current concern, don't get me wrong i support your idea

I think it isn't a shame that this thread will slow down a bit (or a lot) when we have are own forum.

1 : People who have sympathy for this idea, are able to post in this thread with the question how far we are in this project. WIP's, bits and pieces can be placed. Nog giving it to much details (see point 3)

2 : When a new poll is necessary for succeeding an element/ component, we kick this thread once again. Also inspiration, new contributors of ideas and inspiration, we will answer them in this thread. Everyone with a membership for our forum, will accept a couple of rules, at least when the poject is going to the real world with 3d prints/clay models, it's better to keep it a secret instead of launch everything right away in this thread. It would work against us, not help us.

3 : As far I've mentioned it before, I like it to have a more misterious project than having a project where everything is open, piece by piece is shown and voted for.. We don't need a launch date because everything is clear and visible from day 1 of this project. Opening a forum and making the GTP VGT more mystical, I see it as a big win for the project and a big win for the chances our VGT could be implented in GT6 and/or GT7 in the near future.

This thread was realy a steam-train by all the ideas, discussions and not by all the facts we've collected in 53 pages. They where necessary to give the project a face and a future, but somewhere, sometime we need to go off-radar for the surprise-effect at launch date.
By this, I think the forum would work the best when the forum is closed and not vissible for guests. For news, polls and question we have this wonderfull thread.

I think it isn't a shame that this thread will slow down a bit (or a lot) when we have are own forum.

1 : People who have sympathy for this idea, are able to post in this thread with the question how far we are in this project. WIP's, bits and pieces can be placed. Nog giving it to much details (see point 3)

2 : When a new poll is necessary for succeeding an element/ component, we kick this thread once again. Also inspiration, new contributors of ideas and inspiration, we will answer them in this thread. Everyone with a membership for our forum, will accept a couple of rules, at least when the poject is going to the real world with 3d prints/clay models, it's better to keep it a secret instead of launch everything right away in this thread. It would work against us, not help us.

3 : As far I've mentioned it before, I like it to have a more misterious project than having a project where everything is open, piece by piece is shown and voted for.. We don't need a launch date because everything is clear and visible from day 1 of this project. Opening a forum and making the GTP VGT more mystical, I see it as a big win for the project and a big win for the chances our VGT could be implented in GT6 and/or GT7 in the near future.

This thread was realy a steam-train by all the ideas, discussions and not by all the facts we've collected in 53 pages. They where necessary to give the project a face and a future, but somewhere, sometime we need to go off-radar for the surprise-effect at launch date.
By this, I think the forum would work the best when the forum is closed and not vissible for guests. For news, polls and question we have this wonderfull thread.

Good point but let's wait what the others are thinking.

See the main problem with being all MI5 is that it's a community Project, no matter what you like in terms of this idea it is crucial that we keep it Open, for all the forum to see and vote on else it isn't a GTP VGT.

Now that we have all these ideas, it's time to single out, or combine specific ideas so we all can meet one big specific idea, the car itself.

Just to mention a few things and re-focus the discussion here:
  • To repeat my last post, I have proposed this to PD/SCEA, and there is some interest. However, it's important to remain realistic, as it could be months (or even years) before we learn if or how they will support the project.
  • If this were to become an actual project, it would be important to start from the very beginning, involving everyone - not just the handful of people participating in this thread. Therefore, it's superfluous and presumptuous to make any decisions on behalf of the "community" when only a tiny fraction of the fan base is even aware this is going on.
  • At this point, the most (and really, only) productive thing that anyone can do is 1.) show their support and enthusiasm here, 2.) get creative and keep sharing ideas and sketches, and 3.) discuss the hypothetical process that would be required to to make this a reality.
If the time comes, I'll be sure that we have enough infrastructure, communications platforms, and resources to work through that process to turn this car into (virtual) reality. I know a lot of you want to jump straight into this, but until we have any kind of official word, attempting to finalize decisions with any degree of permanence is just getting ahead of ourselves.

Thank you Jordan for the update on the situation.
And to be accurate, Jordan's second point is exactly what i proposed at the beginning of this project.
To spread the word and get more people.It's a community car, not a thread car.

I actually look forward to starting a fresh from square one again, (if it does come to that). It'll give a chance to new designers and new ideas from new contributors. It's also very good for our existing team, as i think we've already got a feel for how we can approach this thing. *Fingers crossed that @Jordan will have some good news for us in the future*

For the time being, i'm going to carry on posting sketches/ideas.

Decided to work on this one a bit. Tried to neaten it up a bit and try a few adjustments. Though i fear it may have lost some of it's charm.

Original:

It's still a work in progress (but not too much more to do). After iv'e finished this version, i'll do an adjusted one, that's more sympathetic to @787bcgr newest design.

New:

Back