Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
Some of us may be using Miis more often in the future.
So, apparently the Link Amiibo will be compatible with Mario Kart 8 then, that's great news since there was rumors of this not being the case. Interestingly this means that we should expect another Mario Kart 8 version soon since I've not seen any hits of 2.0 having the inbuilt Amiibo functionality. So, maybe it won't just be the DLC we get in the next few weeks but a few other tweaks?
You called it -- an update on November 13th will add Amiibo functionality, including character-themed Mii suits/costumes. In addition to Link and the Mario characters, a list on the official MK8 website included Fox, Samus, and Kirby. The page is a 404 for me now, though.

Yay for predictions. :D Anybody see the F-Zero track in the trailer released today? Beautiful.

According to Gamexplain, you cannot race on the DLC tracks if even one person in the room hasn't purchased them. But on the plus side, the DLC will be released Nov. 13th, along with the Amiibo support. I can't wait.

Yay for predictions. :D Anybody see the F-Zero track in the trailer released today? Beautiful.

I saw one lap of the F-Zero and Hyrule track. Don't want to spoil too much. :P

So... A Mario Kart video went viral because it had "60FPS" in the title. Man people are wierd. :lol:
Man, feel sorry for people who can't play the game at 60fps. :lol: It is a beautiful game after all.

More like 35. I did manage a gain of 200 VR in about 10 races though. :D
That's great man, I noticed from your videos you are about 3000ish, once you get to about 5000 VR becomes stingy as hell, an absolute pain.:crazy: Good thing the game is so fun.

So, my reaction upon starting lap two of Mute City on my first run through the cup: "**** you, Nintendo, I want a real F-ZERO game." :lol:

Drifting around in the Blue Falcon is great, and I hope there's a reason for teasing us.

This DLC is fantastic. Yoshi Circuit GCN should be called Drift Central. :lol: Need more people on my friends list to do some Time Trials though, not gave it a good shot myself but we could get some good competition brewing!

Mute City is definately my favorite track out of the whole pack so far. That short cut near the end is just so much fun and the music is great! :D Also I'm less than 100 VR away from 5000.

It's a lot easier to earn VR now for sure, much better than before and nowhere near as harsh. I'm at 8235.
Mute City is definately my favorite track out of the whole pack so far. That short cut near the end is just so much fun and the music is great! :D Also I'm less than 100 VR away from 5000.

Just hit 6000. Man. A lot of these races are still runaway wins. Even with some chokes I do think I belong in the 9000-11000VR tier.

It's a lot easier to earn VR now for sure, much better than before and nowhere near as harsh. I'm at 8235.
You weren't kidding -- I finally hopped back online and gained 200VR in a brief session, up to ~4500VR now. I'm also working on the last 500 coins to get my golden glider.

The VR tweaks are welcome in my opinion, means that there is a sense of progression rather than simply being stuck around the one milestone for weeks. Also, tweaks made to light characters is awesome, I absolutely refuse to use a bike or any of the 'best' karters so it's a lot more fun giving them all a run for their money.

I don't know what all they've tweaked, but the online experience feels significantly better balanced than it was before.

I don't know what all they've tweaked, but the online experience feels significantly better balanced than it was before.
I totally agree. The weapons are a bit less over the top with their distribution and the lag seems to have been slightly lessened. Version 3.0 is without a doubt the best version of MK8 so far. Such a fun game and one which is hard to put down even more so than ever.

MK8 just gets better and better.

It certainly lured me back in again, at least until my copy of SSB4 arrives. :) After another couple evenings, I've earned my Gold Glider and will soon pass 5000VR.

Once seen a guy in MK7 with 45 VR, that must have took dedication. My win loss ratio is slowly improving to a 2:1, currently got 6532 wins to 3554 Losses.

I gained about 700VR last night to reach the 7500 mark. Feeling pretty good about that!

Also my win/loss ratio is improving. I'm up to about 1800 wins and 485 losses. :)

I gained about 700VR last night to reach the 7500 mark. Feeling pretty good about that!

Also my win/loss ratio is improving. I'm up to about 1800 wins and 485 losses. :)
I'm getting closer to 10k now with 8754 at the moment. I'm very excited about reaching this milestone. :D I find it incredible we still haven't raced each other yet! :lol:

I'm getting closer to 10k now with 8754 at the moment. I'm very excited about reaching this milestone. :D I find it incredible we still haven't raced each other yet! :lol:
I tried to race you a few days ago but you were doing regional races so it wouldn't let me in. :(

Hit 8,000 VR tonight. Also, I've been racing in a lobby full of people between 10-16k. Why the game decided to put me in this room is unknown, but I like it! :dopey:

Hit 8,000 VR tonight. Also, I've been racing in a lobby full of people between 10-16k. Why the game decided to put me in this room is unknown, but I like it! :dopey:
There's not as many people in 8k plus, so the game just matches you up with people who are a higher VR after a certain point. Or so it seems to be.

Since I got my Samus Amiibo with SSB4, today I made a Mii for her (with an Other-M-inspired pouty face) to use with the Chozo-armor-styled racing suit in this game. The Mii proportions are a little goofy, but at least I can decide if I want her to be a heavy character or a medium character like I'm accustomed to.

It's a nifty feature, but it's really not worth getting an Amiibo just for MK8.

Latest Posts

Back