Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments
^ That last one was genuinely scary :ill:

Perhaps racing in the other direction would suit them better, they wouldn't build enough speed for that to happen by the time they're at the crest.

Good thing that doesn't happen on GT5, Cape Ring would be a massacre.

Here's my contribution. I remember watching this race, looking at it now though I gotta say, HANS device or not, I can't imagine what Servia's neck may have felt like when it happened.

*sigh* I miss the ol' CART series.

Last edited:
The circuit does actually have multiple configurations:

800px-Slovakiaring.svg.png

Normally, the cars go clockwise, running around the perimeter before turning back in and going through the infield. However, there is a second route that they can follow where they take the inield first, then turn onto the perimeter course using that right-hander halfway along the second straight.

Damn you badly placed trees! Couldn't see a thing, but looked nasty from the aftermath.

6:35 - Driving Through A Smokescreen

The danger here is incredible. Keep watching when they show the OBC. Ratzenberger could have hit any of those Sierras!

6:35 - Driving Through A Smokescreen

The danger here is incredible. Keep watching when they show the OBC. Ratzenberger could have hit any of those Sierras!

Did they frisk Ratzenberger for IR goggles after the race? :lol: That was some wacky driving.

They should have to do this at every hairpin!
I just saw the full race via download, so epic! I thought FPR were gonna take it for sure but I was wrong. :P
Here's something similar, didn't go so well and nearly took out the championship contender:

Last edited:
Jubby
I know NASCAR isn't as horrific as an F1 doing this, but still...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVlj7F8OJCY">YouTube Link</a>

Yeah, I remember seeing that telecast live, and thinking...well, he's dead, this sucks.

That car stopped very short from impact, which made it all the more amazing. The corner workers weren't quite sure which way any of the car was facing, either.

daan

that's what amatuer short track racing is for :lol:

Bump to pass cars @ WVSO (may have expletives, I didn't check the whole video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xDG9MT92sY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One night they did a race where they chained fiberglass boats to them and a figure-8 thru the grass too

Edit: like this except in a figure-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaJNTNDMo7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And the air is filled with fiberglass, everyone in the pits had to cover their faces with their shirts

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember seeing that telecast live, and thinking...well, he's dead, this sucks.

That car stopped very short from impact, which made it all the more amazing. The corner workers weren't quite sure which way any of the car was facing, either.

Yeah, that car turned from a car into a hunk of metal. This is why there usually aren't any openings that close to the track. Major tracks nowadays use tunnels to get fans to the infield which is much safer...but...yeah, that's generally what happens when a car hits one of those openings:

Case in point: same thing happened to a Late Model car in Hagerstown, MD:

The awkward moment when I'm watching this video, and I hear the exact same sounds coming from my family room. My grandpa was flipping through channels and this happened to be on so he kept it on and we had a good laugh about it.

Onboard of my qualifying lap from yesterdays VLN race at the nurburgring + nordschleife.

I set pole position in the Porsche GT3 Cup class but look what happened at the end of the lap...:scared:

Back