Multitap

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 21 comments
United States
Everywhere
Multitap for PS2

What games support Multitap on PS2? I only know of a very short list.

Red Faction 2
007: Everything or Nothing
007: Agent Under Fire
007: Nightfire
Winning 11 (Pro Evolution Soccer)
ATV Offroad Fury 2
Timesplitters
Timesplitters 2
Pro Race Driver
WWE Smackdown
XIII
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest
Twisted Metal Black
Disney Golf
Crash Nitro Kart
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Toca Race Driver 2
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament

Generally all sports games - NFL, NHL, NBA ...

Timesplitters 2 (Think Multitap and I.link)
Pro Race Driver (Although for 4 player action you'd be better off with the X-Box version)
WWE Smackdown series (Well if you don't despise sweaty men grappling)
I think that 13 game (I forget what 13 is in numerals) is also 4 player.

4 Player Pro evo is probably the most enjoyable, well if your a footie fan anyway.

Originally posted by emad
all the team sports games

Yeah, I guess I should point that out as well. But I'm not big into football (American) / basketball games. I do enjoy football (soccer) though.

Is anyone making a good baseball game these days?

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Is anyone making a good baseball game these days?

Good and Baseball game...I doubt I will EVER see those in the same sentence again...unless it is meant negatively.

you could try renting EA's new one but I'm not sure how it would be since I don't care for the sport - check ign's reviews

Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest which hits US shelves in a few weeks is 4 players with a multitap or online (BB only) It's basically the same style game as Baldur's Gate : Dark Alliance with some improvements.

I think the new medal of honour supports the multi-tap

p.s.

I knew race idiot was a chelsea fan

going on about Adrian Mutu

Originally posted by LoudMusic
But wasn't that on PS1?

I think there was PS1 version. However, I was referring to the PS2 version.

One thing I don't understand is why Sony refuses to make a console with four controller ports on it. Sure it's not cost effective, but why not?

TS2 is :D
Twisted metal black is :D
MoH-Rising sun :D
james bond-agent under fire is :)

all :D games are ones I play regulary with mates.

I haven't got teh official multi-tap, it is way over priced. I don't know if you can get this in America but theres a multitap/V-stand-games storage un-official version taht is much cheaper. And is very reliable, me and my mates each have one, with no problems.

Originally posted by ExigeExcel
TS2 is :D
Twisted metal black is :D
MoH-Rising sun :D
james bond-agent under fire is :)

all :D games are ones I play regulary with mates.

I haven't got teh official multi-tap, it is way over priced. I don't know if you can get this in America but theres a multitap/V-stand-games storage un-official version taht is much cheaper. And is very reliable, me and my mates each have one, with no problems.

Was it your thread that talked about that thing? It looked pretty nice, and compact as well.

OH MY WORD!!! Turtles 2 is an incredible game for four players. Everyone who owns a multi-tap unit MUST go buy Turtles 2 right now.

It's like Gauntlet but with the TMNT theme. The characters are so real, and look so good. The fighting action is reminiscent of the original arcade Turtles game but at the same time modern and freaking cool. My friends and I played it for a good 3 hours before we moved on to something else. Now I just can't get them rounded up again to play more. And I need a bigger TV (:

What really makes it great is that it's a four player game that doesn't split the screen up. Everyone gets the whole screen, which is really nice.

Actually there are quite a lot of PS2 games that allow the use of a multitap

A few i came up with off the top of my head, actually i have them lol

Most of the Fifa Series
Toca Race Driver
Unreal Tournament
Quake 3 Revolution
007 - Nightfire

Latest Posts

Back