My G25 died (apparently)need replacement advice. Moza?

Spain
Barcelona
So today playing my G25 just died, apparently, I purchased a new power supply just in case, a friend of mine bought the wheel in 2007 and gave it to me in 2013, so it's been in service a long time.

I'd like to jump into a Moza DD (I'm in love with the KS wheel) looks like a good moment to do so.

I think the Moza R3 fit my needs but there is no release date yet, my friends insist that I have to buy the R5 but It might be too powerful for a wheelstand pro, I don't have space for something bigger than that stand, honestly. I use pc mainly for simracing, and I have a Series X too (I use Drivehub when I want to use my G25 on the X)

My budget is a little bit tight too, but I can buy a base + wheel (R4 or R5) and keep using the G25 pedals + shifter with some kind of adapter (Leo Bodnar is still in business maybe?) and upgrade to better equipment in the coming months.

I know I may sound delusional but that plan is what makes more sense to me right now, I spent too much time with a belt driven system and I think is time to upgrade, even if it's in tiny bits. Also it would be awful not having a wheel, it's a great stress relieve for me in my spare time and I also do some YouTube content with it.

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
So today playing my G25 just died, apparently, I purchased a new power supply just in case, a friend of mine bought the wheel in 2007 and gave it to me in 2013, so it's been in service a long time.

I'd like to jump into a Moza DD (I'm in love with the KS wheel) looks like a good moment to do so.

I think the Moza R3 fit my needs but there is no release date yet, my friends insist that I have to buy the R5 but It might be too powerful for a wheelstand pro, I don't have space for something bigger than that stand, honestly. I use pc mainly for simracing, and I have a Series X too (I use Drivehub when I want to use my G25 on the X)

My budget is a little bit tight too, but I can buy a base + wheel (R4 or R5) and keep using the G25 pedals + shifter with some kind of adapter (Leo Bodnar is still in business maybe?) and upgrade to better equipment in the coming months.

I know I may sound delusional but that plan is what makes more sense to me right now, I spent too much time with a belt driven system and I think is time to upgrade, even if it's in tiny bits. Also it would be awful not having a wheel, it's a great stress relieve for me in my spare time and I also do some YouTube content with it.

So, what do you guys think?
I have the Fanatec Direct drive wheel, after upgrading from Thrustmaster 300 rs. All i can say is direct drive is the way to go. I am faster and the driving is more accurate. Lots of advantages with DD, glad i bit the bullet and spent the money.

I'll second the Fanatec equipment, I love it all and have for a decade now. I heard Moza is pretty good too, but maybe someone who has used both could chime in?

Jerome

Back