Need help Playing backup DVD+R

Yes what I am asking for is LEGAL! What I have a question about is I hear you need a mod-chip or something to play back up DVD's on your PS2. Well I saw the ones where you have to solder it onto your PS2 and then I swa this Sawp Disc thing where you dont need no soldering at all! So I was reading the thing and I read that you can play DVD-r and then I was like wait a second I am gonna burn my DVD movies to a DVD+R! SO gib problem here. Will I be able to play backed up movies and backed up games that I OWN with the Swap Disc? The latest version of the swap disc thing incase you were wondering.
Here is where I found some good information - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/123526
This is where I am gonna buy my swap disc from (anyone ever buy from them? are they good or bad?) - http://www.modchipstore.com/product_16158_PS2_Slide_Card_and_Swap_Magic_v30_20_Combo.html
Or I might get it from here since faster shiping - http://www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm
ANY HELP AT ALL IS AT THIS TIME HELPFUL! THANKS! Oh and I am doing this for a completely LEGAL reason so please Mods dont close this thanks :D
*EDIT* Forgot to mention I am gonna probably get a Japanesse version of GT4 and I will be able play it right?

i use the SWAP MAGIC SWAP DISCS and i have a flip-top and i play import games (original & burned to DVD+r) with no problem.

DRIFT GOD
i use the SWAP MAGIC SWAP DISCS and i have a flip-top and i play import games (original & burned to DVD+r) with no problem.
YAY first reply! Thanks man. Ok so can I use that swap magic thing with the silde card and it will still work right? On there it said you can play DVD-R so I was kinda getting confused since I was searching for over and hour and I everywhere I went said DVD-R. Oh and where did you buy your swap magic from?

DRIFT GOD
the slide card is a cheap flimmsy piece of plastic, you really should get a flip-top when you order the swap discs.

i bought my swap discs at www.modchip.com
Well I heard that the slidecard sucks but it works also! SO I was just gonna use this since it doesnt void the warrnnty and its eaisier to install than the fliptop case. I am just using the slide card since its faster and cheaper and easy. I guess I will order mine from the site you mentioned thanks again man! 👍 Any comments are still welcome from people with experience of modding things.

I believe it generally depends on what model your PS2 is. The swap-disc simply overwrites and/or negates region coding, and in some cases can change NTSC>PAL or vice versa (which is all software). What it can't do is rewire your PS2's DVD drive to allow it to read certain kinds of media. For example, I have a 30001 model PS2. I haven't tried DVD+R's on it, but I highly doubt it will work, simply for the fact that DVD+R's didn't even exist when the system was built. Later model PS2's use newer DVD-ROM drives that are capable of reading later formats. What it can PLAY (i.e. what's ON the disc) is software based, and the swap-disc will work. What it can READ (i.e. what the disc IS) is hardware based.

Jedi2016
I believe it generally depends on what model your PS2 is. The swap-disc simply overwrites and/or negates region coding, and in some cases can change NTSC>PAL or vice versa (which is all software). What it can't do is rewire your PS2's DVD drive to allow it to read certain kinds of media. For example, I have a 30001 model PS2. I haven't tried DVD+R's on it, but I highly doubt it will work, simply for the fact that DVD+R's didn't even exist when the system was built. Later model PS2's use newer DVD-ROM drives that are capable of reading later formats. What it can PLAY (i.e. what's ON the disc) is software based, and the swap-disc will work. What it can READ (i.e. what the disc IS) is hardware based.
Well I used to have a earlier model PS2 until I dropped it like 5 million times and broke somthing inside so I just bought a newer one I think its V9 or V10. So I CAN play DVD+R on this?

DiabolicalMask
I'm almost sure a V9/V10 will play +R.

Check out your PS2 box. I think it says there.
Ok cool thanks alot everyone! And again if you have any experience modding your PS2 then please dont hesitate to comment on anything.

Back