Nordschleife 24h is a joke

• Thread starter Ork4n
  • 20 comments
Germany
Germany
Dont get me wrong. The track is awesome with the new dynamic time and weather, it looks stunning.
But the thing that annoys me the most is that you cant race the A.I. properly on this specific track.

Why the f. are they letting me past??? They set the indicator to the right and slow down.
This phenomenon exist since GT Sport. What are they thinking in Japan? Where is the fun in this behaivior?
It buffels me that it carried on to GT7. This behaivior doesnt exist on other tracks. (correct me if im wrong)

It would make sense in a mixed race, where slower cars let you by. Thats an awesome feature.
But in a Gr.3 race with BoP on its just frustrating...

This game is doing everything for me to hate it.

Polyphony Digital needs a community manager.
otherwise i dont see a bright future for GT7...

Racing AI sucks, period, even good ones. Race real people if you want a real race, nothing else will ever come close unfortunately.
@Pigems - you are skilled enough to be a top driver and mix with top drivers online.
Average drivers, like me, met with "average" drivers online in Sport and I just gave up with it after a few months.
Truth was a lot of them weren't just average, they sucked and were downright dirty. Completely ruined the experience for me.
Sure the AI isn't perfect in GT, I've been shunted off the track plenty of times, but I'd rather race them than some of the 🤬 heads online.
Maybe one day I'll get as good as you (doubt it but I'll try ;) ) and then mix with decent drivers who are sportsmen, not knobs.

Last edited:

One source. Reliable? No idea.
Revenue, not outright sales numbers. When it's the first game to sell at $70 then it's not a fair comparison to other games in that regard.

Nobody has published any actual sales numbers, other than one week in Japan IIRC.

Revenue, not outright sales numbers. When it's the first game to sell at $70 then it's not a fair comparison to other games in that regard.

Nobody has published any actual sales numbers, other than one week in Japan IIRC.
Fair enough, I can't find actual copies sold numbers.... google is not being friendly 🤣

Find yourself one of the racing communities here, there are races for all skill levels :)
It’s also some of the best and most respectful racing you will find, regardless of skill level. :)

On the AI thing, I get that both real people and AI can ruins your race, people will likely do it more so at the lower levels. But after realizing how much more fun racing with real people is, I just can’t go back. You can’t play head games with the AI cars when you’re trailing then, goading then into taking a bad line to give you a chance to pass, or forcing them to play defence, slowing them down and opening up a passing opportunity. Or even just pulling out to make it look like you’re gonna pass, to get them looking into their mirrors right before the braking zone, possibly causing them to make a small mistake there. And that’s just a few examples. No AI will ever be able to make split second decisions the way a real driver can, or make the stupid mistakes. I highly recommend trying one or two of the leagues or one of races run by GTP members if sport mode isn’t your thing. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by what you find, no matter what your skill level may be at the time. I’d hate to see anyone miss out on the great racing that can be had, it takes sim racing to an entirely new level of fun. :)

ACC is better than real people in many ways.
Maybe speed wise, but not racing sense wise, same goes for iRacing, their AI is super fast. But you still can’t “race” with them the way you can with people, it’s just not the same.

Last edited:
GT7 actually has the biggest sales for a Gran Turismo game to launch, so they have certainly done everything right.

..On the paper...
IF that is true, it's because GT7 is riding on the coat tails of previous releases. If they don't fix the issues the community has been bring up for months, GT8 is the one that will suffer and show the true state of GT7.

"Once bitten, twice shy." "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." You know, that kinda stuff.

Racing AI sucks, period, even good ones. Race real people if you want a real race, nothing else will ever come close unfortunately.
Very much this and it's not just racing games either, the world has moved on and competing against a computer is a thing of the past. Humans are annoying, unpredictable & dirty - that's why beating them feels so good! Doesn't matter if it's a race in GT or a game of Warzone, genuine competition with a human is what keeps gaming interesting.

Anyway to answer your actual question @Ork4n for some reason PD decided to set up races on the Nordschliefe like everyone is driving in tourist events, where you are indeed supposed to indicate and move to the right to let faster cars past.

Why do they do this when it's supposed to be a competitive race event, not a tourist day driving event? Who knows, PD don't talk about anything.

Anyway to answer your actual question @Ork4n for some reason PD decided to set up races on the Nordschliefe like everyone is driving in tourist events, where you are indeed supposed to indicate and move to the right to let faster cars past.

Why do they do this when it's supposed to be a competitive race event, not a tourist day driving event? Who knows, PD don't talk about anything.

This was a courtesy rule in the 24hr as well for a long, long time.

@Pigems - you are skilled enough to be a top driver and mix with top drivers online.
Average drivers, like me, met with "average" drivers online in Sport and I just gave up with it after a few months.
Truth was a lot of them weren't just average, they sucked and were downright dirty. Completely ruined the experience for me.
Sure the AI isn't perfect in GT, I've been shunted off the track plenty of times, but I'd rather race them than some of the 🤬 heads online.
Maybe one day I'll get as good as you (doubt it but I'll try ;) ) and then mix with decent drivers who are sportsmen, not knobs.
Hey don't worry or worry too much, there are wild drivers out there.. but also many nice ones.. and you should NEVER be ashamed or apologize for your skills... if you have the time and interest you'll get faster round by round.. you can add me and probably many others too. Some of us are well connected and sure can give you good access to players at your level.

MOST IMPORTANTLY... it's a game and they're there to have fun.

They need a good AI because to state the obvious...racing online means finding a group of people at the same level as you who want to (and can) race the same cars at the same track at the same time as you do.

Not that easy to get that coordinated.

Last edited:
Back