Nordschleife flying lap guide: 450 and 500pp cars are version 1.08!Testing on hold due to new physic

• Thread starter SuperSic58
  • 14 comments

Was this information usefull for you?

• Total voters
Netherlands
Netherlands
UPDATE: 19-06-2014:
With the new Physics update the 550 car class that I was working on will be rubish since most of the cars need to be re-tuned by the original tuners to make them work again, therefore I will stop testing for the near future. All the 450PP and 500PP streetcars are done with version 1.08 so that information is still a bit viable and I will keep those time online, when all is sorted out with the physics and camber updates I will grab my DS3 again for a nice test drive, but for now it's over am sorry but the comparison is just not viable anymore :(

Hey all!

While looking on this forum I found that something was actually missing. There are tons of tunes here, but nowhere you can find laptimes. I was sick and tired of scrolling trough my garage to find a car that I wanted to drive, so I decided to have max 5 cars for each pp limit: 450,500,550,600. It was hard to remember what are the good cars and the misfits are so I decided to test them all on the Nordschleife for a fair fight!. The car and room settings that I used are as followed:
Lobby: Free driving
race quality: 5 stars
voicechat quality: normal
track: Nurburgring Nordschleife
time:14.00
time extend: 1
sunny weather.
tyrewear, fuel consumption: off
grip reduction: realistic
tires: all cars on race soft
nitro: disabled
Tuning: no Limit
slip recovery: off
steer assistance: off
ASM: off
Racing Line: off
traction control: off
Anti Brake lock: On, Max 1!

UPDATE:
my controller settings:
Type controller: DS3
Gearbox: Automatic
trottle: X
brake: Square
Steering: L3 (left mushroom pad)
pretty oldskool I think :lol:

I did the following: each car gets 30 minutes tracktime: 1 outlap to see how it drives, then make some small adjustments to the tune to fit the track and my driving style. after that another outlap followed by 2 flying laps, fasted lap counts :D. I made an Excel sheet to write down the laptimes and additional comments about handling of the cars. While I was in this process it came to my mind that no one is doing something similair around here, so it should be a nice opportunity to give people an indication of wich cars can go how fast on the Green Hell.
Before I give you the laptimes I would like to thank the guys from Little Duckpond under the Mountain and Arrakis Speed Shop for approving me to do this while mentioning there tunes that I used for this project!:bowdown:

You can find all cars in the excel sheet below!
Reminder: The black text cars are from Little Duckpond under the Mountain, the Blue text cars are from Arrakis Speed Shop and the green one is an unknown tune that I had in my garage for ages!.

Last edited:
Update:
forgot to mention my controller settings so they have been added to the original post.
The 450pp and 600 PP Streetcar classes are pretty small in my garage so I will post them both at the end of this week. 7 cars in the 450 class and just 6 in the 600 class. instead of keeping top 5 in my garage I will keep the top 3 instead.

@Gcturbo thanks man! Big update coming again on sunday! 450+600 PP street and a teaser for the 550 streetclass, wich has a ridicilous number of cars in it, so that will most likely cost me 2 weeks to make that happen. After that I will do my race cars as well.

Due to all the new content releases and the GT Academy I don't have as much test time as usual. That's why I will post the 450 PP class now and a teaser for the 550 Streetcar class wich is full stocked. I have some difficulty's with the 600pp streetcar class, these beasts unleashed on the Green Hell is the perfect recipe for disaster to get some good laps in, most of them have too much power and slide around way too much on the tighter Hell sections with a lot of crashes as the outcome of this shenanigans. :ouch: So that should be something to look out for in the future :dunce:.
I know this is only a small update compared to the 500 class but I hope that you guys enjoy it non the less. 450 and 500 PP streetcars are my favourites to drive on the Green Hell in the open lobby's so I hope to catch all of you there soon, 550PP class will take me 2 weeks at least. You won't be dissapointed with the outcome that's for sure! Wish you all a great weekend! :cheers:

Due to the hot weather am not testing enough to get the 550 streetcar class online within 2 weeks, I hope it will be ready in the last weekend of June, sorry for the delay but am not gonna sit inside while I can go to the beach outside.

EDIT:There were some thunderstorms this afternoon, so the first 4 cars are actually done. I also sold a couple of cars already from the teaser sheet, when I tried them out on the Green Hell it was just impossible to drive, so I rather spend my time on cars that actually drive nice and give me some fun while testing them.

Last edited:
Is there a good tune for Cadillac stv for this track? I've messed with tune but it's not very good. Seems like I can't dial the transmission or the suspensions right. Any car tune for this track would be awsome to try. Thank you

Do you mind sharing your tune for the Honda CR-X SIR 90
When all the testing is done I will share some setups! next week that should be :)

Is there a good tune for Cadillac stv for this track? I've messed with tune but it's not very good. Seems like I can't dial the transmission or the suspensions right. Any car tune for this track would be awsome to try. Thank you
I have no cadillac in my garage and no cadillac I want to really drive so I can't help you with that am sorry.

Due to the physics update in version 1.09 I have no clue if my car comparison tests are still valid when it comes to laptimes. I am testing the last batch of 550 cars right now but most of them are done with version 1.08 and am not planning to re-run all previous tests, so maybe the conclusions will be a bit weird am sorry for that if that should be the case.

Am working hard to finish the 550 streetcar class as early as tomorrow and I will post some conclusions as well tomorrow afternoon so keep checking this thread for the big update! :D

When all the testing is done I will share some setups! next week that should be :)

I have no cadillac in my garage and no cadillac I want to really drive so I can't help you with that am sorry.

Due to the physics update in version 1.09 I have no clue if my car comparison tests are still valid when it comes to laptimes. I am testing the last batch of 550 cars right now but most of them are done with version 1.08 and am not planning to re-run all previous tests, so maybe the conclusions will be a bit weird am sorry for that if that should be the case.

Am working hard to finish the 550 streetcar class as early as tomorrow and I will post some conclusions as well tomorrow afternoon so keep checking this thread for the big update! :D
I'm sorry to say, I think that the update has pretty much spoiled your comparison my friend.

Being honest I think a lot of the cars tuned without any camber will still be ok. That said I have noticed some pretty big differences in the way some of then handle without adding any camber or re-working it in the tune at all. Mostly this has applied to the MT and RR cars. although I haven"y tried any FFs or 4WD yet but I have read some posts around and there are some people saying these are affected too.

Your completed tests for 500 and 450 pp are still valid as all of the testing was done Pre update 1.09 but whether or not the results will still be the same now is a lottery. I would recommend that you put a note on the file to let everyone know they were completed pre update 1.09 and stop testing the 550s and post what you had completed before the update or wait until they have been redone, but this will take a lot of time. I think your 550 comparison will be tainted due to the update and the effects it has had on the cars if you include the tunes you have tested since the update.

I don't want to ruin your comparison for you and I still think the data is helpful.But due to these physics changes any comparison which contains cars tested before and after the update will be unfairly biased. I know this idea is probably going to go down like a ton of bricks, but If you really have your heart set on finishing your comparison you should wait until the tunes have been either re-worked or re-made by their original tuners. otherwise there will be no use at all in the comparison.

Sorry if you feel like I'm raining on your parade a little. I promise you this is not my intention, I am only offering a little advice based on my initial findings with my testing with the new physics so far. And I can understand any frustration you may be feeling, especially after reading this. But trust me it is nothing compared to the frustration a lot of the tuners will be feeling right now. After all, 6 months of most of their time has just been thrown out of the window with this update and it will take a lot of time and work for a lot of us to get this mess all sorted out. personally I am looking forward to the challenge but I know there are a couple of them who just want to throw their PS3s out the window right about now.

Sorry SuperSic:bowdown:

I'm sorry to say, I think that the update has pretty much spoiled your comparison my friend.

Being honest I think a lot of the cars tuned without any camber will still be ok. That said I have noticed some pretty big differences in the way some of then handle without adding any camber or re-working it in the tune at all. Mostly this has applied to the MT and RR cars. although I haven"y tried any FFs or 4WD yet but I have read some posts around and there are some people saying these are affected too.

Your completed tests for 500 and 450 pp are still valid as all of the testing was done Pre update 1.09 but whether or not the results will still be the same now is a lottery. I would recommend that you put a note on the file to let everyone know they were completed pre update 1.09 and stop testing the 550s and post what you had completed before the update or wait until they have been redone, but this will take a lot of time. I think your 550 comparison will be tainted due to the update and the effects it has had on the cars if you include the tunes you have tested since the update.

I don't want to ruin your comparison for you and I still think the data is helpful.But due to these physics changes any comparison which contains cars tested before and after the update will be unfairly biased. I know this idea is probably going to go down like a ton of bricks, but If you really have your heart set on finishing your comparison you should wait until the tunes have been either re-worked or re-made by their original tuners. otherwise there will be no use at all in the comparison.

Sorry if you feel like I'm raining on your parade a little. I promise you this is not my intention, I am only offering a little advice based on my initial findings with my testing with the new physics so far. And I can understand any frustration you may be feeling, especially after reading this. But trust me it is nothing compared to the frustration a lot of the tuners will be feeling right now. After all, 6 months of most of their time has just been thrown out of the window with this update and it will take a lot of time and work for a lot of us to get this mess all sorted out. personally I am looking forward to the challenge but I know there are a couple of them who just want to throw their PS3s out the window right about now.

Sorry SuperSic:bowdown:

After some thinking it should indeed be fair to say that the comparison for the 550 class in not viable in general:guilty:. It would be better to wait until most of the tunes wille be re-done. I put a lot of hours into this class cause some cars were really hard to handle for my driving style. But my frustration is about 0 compared to most tuners here who lost or need to re-do all of there tunes they made in the past 6 months :banghead: the only really annoying thing is that I sold most of my cars already that did not make the fast cut, even in the 550 class. So that should be some grinding extra in the next couple of weeks. Am gonna update my inital post and put 550 on hold for the near future. 👍

After some thinking it should indeed be fair to say that the comparison for the 550 class in not viable in general:guilty:. It would be better to wait until most of the tunes wille be re-done. I put a lot of hours into this class cause some cars were really hard to handle for my driving style. But my frustration is about 0 compared to most tuners here who lost or need to re-do all of there tunes they made in the past 6 months :banghead: the only really annoying thing is that I sold most of my cars already that did not make the fast cut, even in the 550 class. So that should be some grinding extra in the next couple of weeks. Am gonna update my inital post and put 550 on hold for the near future. 👍
I really think it's the right thing to do my friend:tup:

I don't know what cars you would have sold but I'm fairly sure that if they didn't make the cut before they probably won't make the cut next time out either. There may of course be a few exceptions. I tell you what. If you send me a list of the ones that you sold I will keep a hold of it and when I get round to re-doing mine I can give you an idea of the ones that may be of use. Or you can just do a whole load of grinding while we're all hard at work and buy them and probably a whole load more in the meantime. Then you can do your comparison as you planned to, albeit a lot later than planned.

There is no quick hurry into this matter, the cars that I tested but not really enjoyed driving looking back are mostly not cars that I want to rebuy in general. I rather wait for some of your updates and new cars that you are tuning. I will send you a pm soon with a small list of cars that I would love to drive when you tune them :) (I know you have a lot of other cars atm that need your attention so you dont have to hurry for me :) ) In the mean time am just gonna do a lot of 450,500,550 online lobby racing on the green hell, since I can now dream this track entirely :P So that should be fun!

Good plan but a piece of friendly advice. You'd be better to run your own rooms, from some of the other guys feedback they seem to be having issues staying in rooms because they are too fast. You will be lucky if you ever get to race the RX500 or the Focus RS online...ever:lol: especially if people see your comparisons first.

And of course,feel free to send me your list and I'll work them in somewhere.👍

Back