Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go Pro audio? Seriously?
It's not an audiophile recording, just meant to show that the car is rather loud and raspy at high revs..not a purring pussycat.

Of course it's a little exaggerated in that game/video, but it's not an unreal, completely made up sound. And it does sound exciting and great. Don't act like GT would suffer if it sounded like that.
If i have to be 100% honest, I dont really like it, because its not very accurate... Its like the opposite of GT sounds. GT has too weak sounds, and those in Driveclub (aswell as other games) are too strong, so they are all innacurate.
Guy, please stop pretending you know anything about what this car sounds like.

1:10 0-200 km/h

This sounds quite different compared to the Driveclub video... This actually sounds like just 1 car revving up (and it obviously is only 1 car)... that was my point. Driveclub one sounds like several ferraris simultaneously revving up.

Last edited:
It's not an audiophile recording, just meant to show that the car is rather loud and raspy at high revs..not a purring pussycat.

But that raspyness is mostly caused by distortion. I just think it's a bad example of 'how a car sounds like'.

(I agree with your criticism though, if it was directed at NixxoN. I'm not sure if you meant 'guys' as in both of us.)

Is GT6 really so boring that you have more fun bitching about it here?
Is GT6 really so flawed that you have more fun defending it here?
This sounds so fake at high revs. Its like, there are 3 or 4 ferraris reving simultaneously. Its like the original sound has been multiplied by several, and its so over the top.
Guys please, stop pretending LOUDER = BETTER.

But at the engine start and in idle mode, it sounds great, thats for sure.... oh wait, PD also has perfect start up and idle sounds (when you change car in the GT garage)
Oh my lord is this post really real? I rather hear DC's sounds than hear GT's (insert sound joke here) sounds...

Last edited:
Oh my lord is this post really real? I rather hear DC's sounds than hear GT's (insert sound joke here) sounds...
Apparently you and Johnnyperso are probably friends and members of the same anti-GT gang, because you are both canadian and reply exactly the same one after another, am I right?... "everything in GT is bad, everything in other games is good" ... please grow up
I was talking about the accuracy of the sounds and that DC example is definitely not very accurate.

I know, I already don't see any positions for sound engineering up at the moment but that's just from me looking at it (given I don't know my way around the site). I'm definitely keeping an eye out the moment the opportunity arrives though.

You can actually go on to PD's website and apply. I took a glance there the other day regarding Jordan's news post.

Apparently you and Johnnyperso are probably friends and members of the same anti-GT gang, because you are both canadian and reply exactly the same one after another, am I right?... "everything in GT is bad, everything in other games is good" ... please grow up
I was talking about the accuracy of the sounds and that DC example is definitely not very accurate.
How does being Canadian make me Anti-GT? Racist.

And what the living hell does being Canadian have to do with being anti-GT?

If your gonna argue, leave nationality out of it otherwise you're making yourself look bad.

I was just wondering about people saying "louder does not equal better". In a sense, isn't louder more accurate? In reality, standing next to a powerful supercar that is revving it's engine you might be inclined to cover your ears because of the noise. I see people wearing ear protection at car races. Loud is exactly what powerful, highly tuned cars tend to be. I wouldn't ask GT to blow out my speakers every time I play it but if I'm driving a supercar it should sound like it wants to kill something at high revs (like the Zonda in this vid).

My friend had a rebuilt Ford Mach 1 and he gave me a ride and not only was the speed impressive, the sound was mind blowing! I'd hope one day PD could capture that experience in a videogame format.

We need 10,000 watt sound system to experience the real thundering noise of a super car :lol:, it will literally shakes the house just like if you have the real car revving in your living room :lol:

ad-hominem.png

We need 10,000 watt sound system to experience the real thundering noise of a super car :lol:, it will literally shakes the house just like if you have the real car revving in your living room :lol:
I don't have 10k watts, but I do have a 12" self-powered sub and it has no trouble rattling the windows and a couple of cabinets:sly:. When no one is around I crank it up, when someone is around I use the headphones.

I honestly don't think that Driveclub video sounds good...The sound is a mess. I certainly want louder more agressive sounds from the future of GT but not like that.

How does being Canadian make me Anti-GT? Racist.
And what the living hell does being Canadian have to do with being anti-GT?

If your gonna argue, leave nationality out of it otherwise you're making yourself look bad.
Come on dont take it so seriously :lol: I was just trying to be funny but I guess I failed.
Just pointed out, I confuse johnnypenso and TokoTurismo because both are canadian and both seem to disagree with me whenever I try to defend GT.

I was just wondering about people saying "louder does not equal better". In a sense, isn't louder more accurate? In reality, standing next to a powerful supercar that is revving it's engine you might be inclined to cover your ears because of the noise. I see people wearing ear protection at car races. Loud is exactly what powerful, highly tuned cars tend to be. I wouldn't ask GT to blow out my speakers every time I play it but if I'm driving a supercar it should sound like it wants to kill something at high revs (like the Zonda in this vid).
This all depends of the volume of your TV. The car should sound exactly as in a video of a real car. And it should obviously sound more or less loud depending of the volume you apply...

Last edited:
What excatly does my nationality have to do with me being negative? What, you're getting so frustrated by the complaints and even constructive criticism, all of a sudden you target a person's country in which it makes you believe that is why their a anti-GT fan? Yeah no. YOU'RE the one who needs to grow up.
Come on dont take it so seriously :lol: I was just trying to be funny but I guess I failed.
That is NOT funny whatsoever, you went too far with that...

Last edited:
I'm not particularly impressed by DriveClub's audio, either. They make all these claims about recording with so many microphones, and all they end up with are two fixed sets of samples: interior and exterior. So no matter how the car presents itself externally, it sounds the same; the contrast between the exhaust and intake sounds on this car is half the fun, mixing them together in a fixed way is missing the point.

At least the interior will sound OK; they're surround-sound samples, right? :P

That's actually something I neglected to think about regarding PD's recording challenge: how do you get fully spatially expressive sounds, inside and out, using the bare minimum of in-game sources? I don't know, but I know how I'd approach finding out.

Oh, and regarding "volume" / "loudness", I think spatial reproduction plays a bigger role. That sense of envelopment is ultra-important.

I'm not particularly impressed by DriveClub's audio, either. They make all these claims about recording with so many microphones, and all they end up with are two fixed sets of samples: interior and exterior. So no matter how the car presents itself externally, it sounds the same; the contrast between the exhaust and intake sounds on this car is half the fun, mixing them together in a fixed way is missing the point.

At least the interior will sound OK; they're surround-sound samples, right? :P

That's actually something I neglected to think about regarding PD's recording challenge: how do you get fully spatially expressive sounds, inside and out, using the bare minimum of in-game sources? I don't know, but I know how I'd approach finding out.

Oh, and regarding "volume" / "loudness", I think spatial reproduction plays a bigger role. That sense of envelopment is ultra-important.
All I want to know is, when do you leave for Japan?

What excatly does my nationality have to do with me being negative? What, you're getting so frustrated by the complaints and even constructive criticism, all of a sudden you target a person's country in which it makes you believe that is why their a anti-GT fan? Yeah no. YOU'RE the one who needs to grow up.

That is NOT funny whatsoever, you went too far with that...
Get a sense of humor, or a chill pill :rolleyes: and no im not getting frustrated I tell you, I dont take internet forums so seriously (as others perhaps)

To me it is quite easy although I may be wrong....

It is as simple as always recording (placing the microphone) in the exact place of the in game camera, on a real car. If its the cockpit camera, place the mic in the viewing spot. If its outside camera, place the mic below the back of the car, in the exact camera spot, and so on... Shouldn't that be it?

All I want to know is, when do you leave for Japan?
:lol:

I'm not sure I could handle the criticism!

Get a sense of humor, or a chill pill :rolleyes: and no im not getting frustrated I tell you, I dont take internet forums so seriously (as others perhaps)

To me it is quite easy although I may be wrong....

It is as simple as always recording (placing the microphone) in the exact place of the in game camera, on a real car. If its the cockpit camera, place the mic in the viewing spot. If its outside camera, place the mic below the back of the car, in the exact camera spot, and so on... Shouldn't that be it?
You can get away with that for the interior, but there is so much subtle variation outside (replays, several in-race views) that you need to develop a system which can reproduce it all on the fly (which PD have made good inroads on). Then maybe you can extend that system to the interior...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back