Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Its like a bizzare catch 22.

Kaz dont answer, we say PD is lazy and dont deserved our money.
Kaz answer, we say PD is lying, delaying, delusional, philosophical, or all of those things and doesnt deserve our money.

So he made a third option: just straight announce the goddamn update before release.
I don't think they are lazy or lying or any of that stuff. I just think they don't want to do it because they have never had to do it and had tremendous success without doing it. They've never had to do much beyond some press releases and an event here or there. When you're the top dog you tend to think that everything you have done is right, you tend to think of yourself as infallible, especially after 15 years at the top. All the other racing games I'm involved in at the moment have far better communication than PD partly because they have to compete. PD will be in the same boat with the launch of Project Cars and I hope it sets a terrifically high benchmark in this area.

Right on brother:tup: Is it ok if I think of you as someone who doesn't get jokes?
smiley-taunt006.gif
No, it is not okay. I understood that you were trying to be clever but you brought this on yourself. Also, here is a smiley face: :mischievous:

No, it is not okay. I understood that you were trying to be clever but you brought this on yourself. Also, here is a smiley face: :mischievous:
Brought what on myself? Is there something really bad about to happen that I don't know about?
smiley-devil16.gif
Can you tell me or is it a big secret?
smiley-confused005.gif

@Johnnypenso has a really good point @Raggadish. PD know this site. They have a relationship that's better than just a "we like you, you like us" type of thing. There's been information Jordan knew that he couldn't divulge in the past for the sake of professionalism and not simply because this is a fan site for PD (even though it's a fan site for a crap load of things that involve racing, in general). There's no need to very publicly make it known the Q&A idea failed, or at least, appeared to have failed.

It isn't certain PD haven't stored all of what this GT community offered them with our questions and it's not like every other thread in the GT6 section appears invisible to them (EVEN THOUGH it looks like they never listen to us). They damn well listen to us, except there's a ton of issues needing to be resolved and more ideas to be created.

Don't fight. Grouuup huuuug.

@Johnnypenso has a really good point @Raggadish. PD know this site. They have a relationship that's better than just a "we like you, you like us" type of thing. There's been information Jordan knew that he couldn't divulge in the past for the sake of professionalism and not simply because this is a fan site for PD (even though it's a fan site for a crap load of things that involve racing, in general). There's no need to very publicly make it known the Q&A idea failed, or at least, appeared to have failed.

It isn't certain PD haven't stored all of what this GT community offered them with our questions and it's not like every other thread in the GT6 section appears invisible to them (EVEN THOUGH it looks like they never listen to us). They damn well listen to us, except there's a ton of issues needing to be resolved and more ideas to be created.

Don't fight. Grouuup huuuug.
smiley-hug008.gif

Sorry, I don't want to be the usual annoying GT user, but in this moment, I couldn't care less about the Japanese superdrivers league promotional meeting...y'know, there's a 1 year old unfinished game, I would appreciate some infos about next updates...
Alpine's auto salon is tommorow. Since how VGT release is close to irl,

Huray?

Tune in 1-2 days to the another new article i guess.

To me (IMHO) there's no relationship between VGT cars and update features. VGTs are only the lying cake to justify the lack of real/tangible/useful updates by PD.
Not to mention that ¾ of them aren't even that good or interesting.

OK, annoying player mode OFF.
My feelings exactly.

I don't think it can be overstated that GT6 and the Gran Turismo Series in general, is acutely more significant in Japan than the rest of the world. The Japanese people are, in every sense, their constituency and the game is and will be tailored for them first and foremost.
The reason why many of us here feel put off by GT and PDI is because we are not their primary target audience. They do not take great concern with "pleasing" us. We will like what we get from them or we will not. I do not think we have near the influence a community this size would have if PDI were European or US based.

I don't think it can be overstated that GT6 and the Gran Turismo Series in general, is acutely more significant in Japan than the rest of the world. The Japanese people are, in every sense, their constituency and the game is and will be tailored for them first and foremost.
The reason why many of us here feel put off by GT and PDI is because we are not their primary target audience. They do not take great concern with "pleasing" us. We will like what we get from them or we will not. I do not think we have near the influence a community this size would have if PDI were European or US based.

So, what can be done in this situation? Freom what it seems, PD are more busy catering to their Japanese crowd (which sort of makes sense, but still) to the rest of the world. How can we tell PD that such way of thinking is incorrect for a game that is meant to be a worldwide franchise? If this keeps going, PD will alienate the few people that still care about Gran Turismo by not paying attention to those who want the game to improve...

They will alienate? Kind of already have. Changing their operation isn't necessarily the answer, they need some different/more perspectives at work. At least, I think they might be trying to do that.

To me (IMHO) there's no relationship between VGT cars and update features. VGTs are only the lying cake to justify the lack of real/tangible/useful updates by PD.
Not to mention that ¾ of them aren't even that good or interesting.

OK, annoying player mode OFF.
Eh. New VGT means new update.

How the hell can we tell that the next update will contain VGT only and only it. An update mean new features and who knows they can give us more surprises. In this case GTR-LM.

Good is subjective.

They will alienate? Kind of already have. Changing their operation isn't necessarily the answer, they need some different/more perspectives at work. At least, I think they might be trying to do that.

Fair enough, that first part is true. But how can they try to change and/or create new perspectives of work? To be honest, that is quickly becoming a necessity more than ever.

So, what can be done in this situation? Freom what it seems, PD are more busy catering to their Japanese crowd (which sort of makes sense, but still) to the rest of the world. How can we tell PD that such way of thinking is incorrect for a game that is meant to be a worldwide franchise? If this keeps going, PD will alienate the few people that still care about Gran Turismo by not paying attention to those who want the game to improve...
Play other games. It is clear that GT6 is exactly what it is and GT7 will be exactly what it will be. Kaz's vision for GT is different from ours. That isn't a bad thing, necessarily. He's a game developer and he can make it how he wants to. Until 2015, there were not many alternatives to the GT series. Forza changed things a bit being the "GT" of the XBox world, but with this next gen there will be options even for the Playstation folks.

Long story short, do not hold your breath waiting for GT to be everything you ever hoped it will be. It will be everything Kaz hopes it will be. If you like that, good. If not, he won't care.

Play other games. It is clear that GT6 is exactly what it is and GT7 will be exactly what it will be. Kaz's vision for GT is different from ours. That isn't a bad thing, necessarily. He's a game developer and he can make it how he wants to. Until 2015, there were not many alternatives to the GT series. Forza changed things a bit being the "GT" of the XBox world, but with this next gen there will be options even for the Playstation folks.

Long story short, do not hold your breath waiting for GT to be everything you ever hoped it will be. It will be everything Kaz hopes it will be. If you like that, good. If not, he won't care.

So, in short, just forget and let it past? I do play other games sure, but I wouldn't really enjoy just seeing Gran Turismo stuck in a bind without proper guidance... And so far, other than Project CARS, I haven't really seen any other viable options to play racing games. Ignoring GT completely is not really what I want to do, even if Kaz might be oblivious to the issues the game's currently having. Well, not that I agree with that notion, but since I am not really interested in buying a PS4 for now, I'll just wait. I won't buy GT7 right away, that's all, not until I've heard all those who will play it before me (if they know how to review a game). How is it going to be depends on Kaz's so-called "vision". I'll await what will it be done on the PS4 before anything else happens.

Think democracy. More minds means more ideas, higher chances of differing ones too.

There you go then, guess that democracy could shed some light on other points of view...

This is untrue. 75% of the cars added to GT6 at launch were not Japanese. Notwithstanding the never ending flow of GT-R's, the majority of cars add since GT4 are not Japanese either. It was a Japanese game in the beginning, when access to cars was much easier close to home. It's the carryover of those old assets that makes it seem more Japan-centric. Take out all the standards and look at the car list.

The GT series will never be about hardcore racing because hardcore racing doesn't have a broad enough appeal. The game is really designed for the casual user, the hardcore guys just find a way to make it work. Tuning will always be simplified, as will the physics, in order to attract the people that want something semi-realistic but not so hardcore as a sim, nor as simple as Ridge Racer.

Eh. New VGT means new update.
Not necessarily. See Mazda LM55.
How the hell can we tell that the next update will contain VGT only and only it. An update mean new features and who knows they can give us more surprises. In this case GTR-LM.
I really like your optimism, no joking, but I really lost confidence with PD after they, earlier in the past year, delivered an update that added only a VGT and the freakin' TRACTION CONTROL on the KARTS.
So, for that reason I'd like to hear more infos on updates features, hope you understand my point of view :)

Good is subjective.
What part of IMHO you missed? :sly:
:cheers:

Maybe we're going offtopic, in that case, sorry.

It was added in the update along with the Infiniti and Chaparral VGT and the Holiday Seasonals

It was sort of "unlocked" with the hotfix.
This.

We already get the December update. The hotfix add one more VGT for a Christmas gift.

So, in short, just forget and let it past? I do play other games sure, but I wouldn't really enjoy just seeing Gran Turismo stuck in a bind without proper guidance... And so far, other than Project CARS, I haven't really seen any other viable options to play racing games. Ignoring GT completely is not really what I want to do, even if Kaz might be oblivious to the issues the game's currently having. Well, not that I agree with that notion, but since I am not really interested in buying a PS4 for now, I'll just wait. I won't buy GT7 right away, that's all, not until I've heard all those who will play it before me (if they know how to review a game). How is it going to be depends on Kaz's so-called "vision". I'll await what will it be done on the PS4 before anything else happens.
My next move will be to PC racing...pCARS and AC. But I plan to play GT6 on my PS3 until that time. Could be within a few months, could be this time next year. I will not be buying a PS4 though. Highly unlikely I will ever play the Gran Turismo series on a PS4, regardless of how great it might seem. Because, and this is important, there will always be something better available. The racing game genre, the only gaming I do, is growing at an incredible rate. With the PS3, GT5 and GT6 were the best options. The GT Series will not be able to make that claim or keep up with the next gen. They are no longer the only fish in the sea.

Accept GT6 for what it is and enjoy it. GT6 will never be the 10 we all want and think it could be, but it is a solid 7. If they ever come out with B-Spec, Course Maker, true Endurance Races, and continue to refine the tuning (camber), heck, it might even be an 8 or 9. But don't expect any of that.

My next move will be to PC racing...pCARS and AC. But I plan to play GT6 on my PS3 until that time. Could be within a few months, could be this time next year. I will not be buying a PS4 though.

Accept GT6 for what it is and enjoy it. GT6 will never be the 10 we all want and think it could be, but it is a solid 7. If they ever come out with B-Spec, Course Maker, true Endurance Races, and continue to refine the tuning (camber), heck, it might even be an 8 or 9. But don't expect any of that.

Sure enough, you have made your choice and you are commiting to it. By all means, enjoy your time on the PC racing scene, and may you have a good time doing so. For me, the only PC racing games that interest me are both arcade games; Wreckfest and Drift Stage, because I feel that I just want to enjoy my racing as mindless fun instead of being 100% realistic all the time. Again, it is your decision, I am not criticizing it.

And of course, I enjoy GT6 for what it is, I just want it to be more competitive as a single-player racing game (I don't race online all the time, so I expect the single-player races to keep me interested). I am keeping my expectations at a realistic level, because I know that PD is probably already working on GT7 (they just aren't telling us outright). All I really want at this point is a game that can be enjoyable both when racing humans or the A.I. That's really all.

I don't think it ever will be rated a 10 by all us. People want different things from a game, and I think what is going to make PC sim racers the happiest may dissuade other (I don't like the word casual) gamers. Onliners will judge it differently to offliners, and so on.

The sentences above are correct. The notion of a "perfect game" is one of the most subjective notions you can have as a videogame player. What you deem "perfect" may not be the same as another player who has other criteria. A PC gamer may think differently from a console player, and vice-versa. The closest thing to a perfect game would be a game that manages to work properly on its target group, while trying to ensure that all players can enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back