Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've saved half a dozen of those Frozen M4 for future business. (I hope the car trading come back :( )

If that comes back, Everyone on my Friends list is having an early Christmas.

I'm intrigued by what the Car Team is doing at SEMA

Hopefully looking for new cars to model, and more importantly looking at tuning parts both performance and visual. Kaz said GT6 would have a lot more customization, and that's one thing PD continues to add to the game.

I've saved half a dozen of those Frozen M4 for future business. (I hope the car trading come back :( )
I bought a few as well. I doubt car trading will come back though since all the cars(except the Frozen M4) are available to purchase at any time.

Wow. They actually used the blog to give info on a future game update.
Yeah what the hell just happened? I wonder is it of a preparation of spec 2? Or another big update? They have to be very confident to use a blog that hasn't been updated since 2 months and that never mentioned GT6.

Wow. They actually used the blog to give info on a future game update.
Wow, Just came back from work and see this : What kind of sorcery is this? :D
Maybe somehing to do with this? :D
2 MONTHS FROM SOMETHING CLOSELY RELATED TO GT6 PEOPLE!

Jeez talk anything about GT6, Kaz, even a bit.

Lol Kaz i meant about the existing Q&A like the making of course maker and such. We already have the official website already to announce this M4 kind of thing.

GT5 2.0 appeared just before the first birthday of the game. So I believe PD could do the same with GT6 during the next few weeks.

I'd be more willing put my money on a December release for Spec II, as that would fall in line with the actual brith month of GT6.

That said, November could still be big - but we still know so little.

For sure december is a little bit closer with GT6's birthday, but between december 6th and the end of november, there is not a big difference.

For sure december is a little bit closer with GT6's birthday, but between december 6th and the end of november, there is not a big difference.
That's true, I think they're probably not going to go for a day to day birthday, but they'll go for a month to month birthday. But hopefully I'm wrong and they've planned it all out, releasing an update by the end of the month followed by Spec II the December 6th.

People keep saying It's the same car. The M4 coupes we have are 7speed autos. The one we are getting has a manual. This would be good if we get a plaincolor like we did for the VGT. If the light bar is indeed an option, it makes for a host of different looks.

People keep saying It's the same car. The M4 coupes we have are 7speed autos. The one we are getting has a manual. This would be good if we get a plaincolor like we did for the VGT. If the light bar is indeed an option, it makes for a host of different looks.

We don't know that the car in-game will have the manual. Since the blog article said the parts that are on the pace car will be available for the regular M4. I'm going to safely assume that all they are doing is using the current M4 and just adding the visual parts and livery.

We don't know that the car in-game will have the manual. Since the blog article said the parts that are on the pace car will be available for the regular M4. I'm going to safely assume that all they are doing is using the current M4 and just adding the visual parts and livery.
I wonder what a car encyclopedia would do with this car.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/cars/bmw-m-safety-cars-dtm-motogp.html#00

The M3 specifically uses the steptronic but it doesn't mention what the M4 uses. From pics posted in the M4 thread from the show, it shows a manual.

i understand where you're coming from. But the blog and website do say it will be that specific car though.

The DTM Safety Car is an automatic.

BMW-M4-DTM-Safety-Car-2014-F82-Details-Interieur-01.jpg

And if GT6 actually simulated transmissions in some manner then that might be relevant. The only difference is going to be 6 gears instead of 7, and a different knob in the middle.

For sure. Just gives the "virtual illusion"(trademarked and copywrite :P ) for those of us that want to make it a race car with 6 gears. Its like having that '05 standard Mustang 5 speed and the Premium '07 automatic. Same car with different transmissions.

The DTM is auto. Is the Moto GP one manual? Is the one at SEMA manual. Anyone been there to confirm the transmission? I'm curious.

Last edited:
And if GT6 actually simulated transmissions in some manner then that might be relevant. The only difference is going to be 6 gears instead of 7, and a different knob in the middle.
PD does make distinctions to some extent based on the cars' transmissions. Not exactly relevant to controller users, but people whose wheels have a clutch will be able to use it on certain cars and not on others. For the most part it's messed up (being able to use the clutch on the LFA for example) but the distinction in the M4 will still be a cool feature for wheel users.

I guess I'll put this here, Kaz is at SEMA.

"Kazunori, the creator of Gran Turismo, checking out our #ScionTunerChallenge build. #gtchannelfrs #sema #sema2014 #gtchannel"

Nice! Follow me on Instagram if you can, I'm @Kalfortner

This is what @Zlork posted in the M4 Pace car thread. Pics from SEMA. The website mentions the Pace car is based on the 2015 M4 Coupe. Specs read manual transmission.
original

original

I guess I'll put this here, Kaz is at SEMA.

"Kazunori, the creator of Gran Turismo, checking out our #ScionTunerChallenge build. #gtchannelfrs #sema #sema2014 #gtchannel"

Here's another one of the finalists, from GTPlanet's Twitter.

B1tShmuCEAAdMRu.jpg

Ah, so the car in the screens is a work in progress. Thanks for the heads up @Jordan 👍 explains why they said it would include all the lights yet don't show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back