Petition to PD: let us add/remove wings and wide kits like any other part

• Thread starter RacingFan1
  • 18 comments
I know it's a game but just like miles , once it is done it is done.
Also the wide body is NOT cosmetic . Your car's PP changes and your wheel base is increased by a few inches. Consider the body a race mod. PD preety much made RM's minus the interior.

Widebody kits are the only visual parts that are not removeable, and makes sense since the installation of those often involves cutting the original fenders, if not simply being a stretching of the fenders themselves.

Wings (and other body parts) are absolutely removeable.
This is about a poor of a argument as weight reduction not being reversible because of cutting out the parts of the chassis. In the end it's just a game and we shouldn't have such restrictions because something something realism. ...Let us return our cars back to stock, Kazunori!

Last edited:
This is about a poor of a argument as weight reduction not being reversible because of cutting out the parts of the chassis. In the end it's just a game and we shouldn't have such restrictions because something something realism. ...Let us return our cars back to stock, Kazunori!
Quite sure several engine upgrades are not reversible yet PD allows them. 😅

Sure but it's a game...
This is a game not real life.
Because people have been sucking up to PD and GT way too much since the first game. It causes PD's terrible and inept game design being unexposed for so long of not letting players remove certain parts that is installed on the body like Weight Reduction.

Last edited:
Because people have been sucking up to PD and GT way too much since the first game. It causes PD's terrible and inept game design being unexposed for so long of not letting players remove certain parts that is installed on the body like Weight Reduction.
Weight reduction was removable in GT6, by the way...

Soooo, I just unknowingly kicked myself out of a planned race... I had the Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95, but I put weight reduction on it and now I can't enter a self made lobby with only BoP and no tuning, it says the car needs to be way heavier, but ballast alone only goes up to 200kg.... and the difference was way more.

Ok so you can get the weight reduction back by buying a complete new bodywork, cool cool, THAN WHY DID THEY GIVE ME THE SAME WIDE BODY?!?!?! New bodywork shouldn't be inclusive the widebody you had :ouch::mad::irked::banghead::ill::yuck:

@PD PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

Last edited:
Okay so posting in this thread after having more experience with the game. Here's what's what for those not in the know. In the Tuning Shop under the extreme tab you can install a new body which will remove all installed weight reduction parts, however despite its name a new body will not undo the widebody modification. And because of this, there is currently as of 5/23/22 no way to undo the widebody modification.

For engine upgrades, such as bore up which are permanent, under the extreme tab you can buy a new engine which will restore the engine performance to the factory performance of the engine you have installed. If you have say an engine swap installed the new engine feature will keep that engine installed and will not give you an option at all to restore the original factory engine that comes with the car. In short you are stuck with the swapped engine.

Wings, and other visual tuning parts excluding the widebody, are all able to be undone/removed in GT Auto.

Last edited:
This is a game not real life.
Every game has its own rules. In this one, as in real life, you can't undo mods that you can't undo in real life, like engine bore or body panel cutting.

I still think the "new body" item in the Tuning Shop should reset the widebody, although in certain cases where the body costs millions of credits, it wouldn't help very much...

Last edited:
I still think the "new body" item in the Tuning Shop should reset the widebody, although in certain cases where the body costs millions of credits, it wouldn't help very much...
Yeah, especially when it resets weight reductions and new engines resets all the permanent engine mods.

It'll still help, especially on cars that aren't available in Brand Central.

Back