Player Based Used Car Dealer

• Thread starter Egghaus88
  • 29 comments
Canada
Canada
With the supposed ability to sell cars coming I thought it would be pretty cool if there was a section or separate UCD for players to post and sell their cars to other players. Could be gift cars, tuned cars, custom liveried cars etc. The player could set their own price, there could even be a feature where another player makes an offer for the car. I think it would add to the car culture aspect of the game.

Last edited:
It would become a way to transfer/sell credits. Believe me this is not something we want in GT7 and I hope it never becomes a thing.
Can you illustrate a little ? What currency a player who has lots of credits could ask ? You think of some external payment ?

example I want to buy 2million credits for £8 half what Sony sell it for, I list a mito for sale for 2million credits and negotiate an external payment of £8, if no one screws anyone over when the £8 is received by the purchaser they then buy the mito for 2mil (selling their credits)

Last edited:
Would be nice as a second UCD, where the same amount of cars as the regular UCD shows, so not all players get the same cars shown and it refreshes along with a car being sold for a fixed price. It won't happen, but could work in this way.

Last edited:
Can you illustrate a little ? What currency a player who has lots of credits could ask ? You think of some external payment ?
I’ll give you the example of FIFA. People farm coins (the ingame currency) and then sell them for real world money. The way they do this is because you can sell players/cards to other users. They operate on a black market ofc.

example I want to buy 2million credits for £8 half what Sony sell it for, I list a mito for sale for 2million credits and negotiate an external payment of £8, if no one screws anyone over when the £8 is received by the purchaser they then buy the mito for 2mil (selling their credits)

If they were to add this there’s a pretty high chance they’d implement pricing ranges on cars to prevent this very thing from happening

I’ll give you the example of FIFA. People farm coins (the ingame currency) and then sell them for real world money. The way they do this is because you can sell players/cards to other users. They operate on a black market ofc.

did they not change this by introducing limits for card values?

i used to plau ultimate team 10 years or so ago and can recall the paper clips/biros on ebay that also happened to come with millions of coins...

the seller would then buy a real crap player from you for the value of coins.

B80
did they not change this by introducing limits for card values?

i used to plau ultimate team 10 years or so ago and can recall the paper clips/biros on ebay that also happened to come with millions of coins...

the seller would then buy a real crap player from you for the value of coins.
Yes and it may work to some extent but it does not eliminate the issue. Just means instead of selling one cards for 1 million you need to sell 10 for 100k each. The most you can do is to not allow cars to be sold for more than what you paid but even still you can earn cars and sell those (unless you can only sell cars you bought). Or you just buy cars from someone who farmed credits bought the 20million car and sell it to you for cheap and ask for real world money.

People will find a way, just like nature did in Jurassic Park and it won’t end well 😂

Last edited:
It would have to be price controlled. Like no more than 10-15% past break-even point for the seller of the car with custom livery work, something like that. Otherwise it would just end up a credit laundering system like you said.

If done properly it could award the best livery creators, but they'd have to invest in the cars to be able to make any credits. Top tuners could do the same; buy a bunch of F40's and make a little profit by making their handling fast yet pedestrian. I think it could work and be a cool mechanic, but it would have to be a fixed/command economy, not a free-market economy, and that would create its own outrage amongst some.

Yes but if players don't decide prices, which would be related to the real value of the car and affected by offer and asking ?

For example, if everyone is selling R34s, which is currently around 400k in UCD, it's price would go down, if someone sells a rare used car, with few kilometers, full stock, the price could go up the usual value and so on.

For the liveries, I would be for a small fee (in credits) to the creator each time someone takes a livery he created, let's say the player who wants the livery pays 1000Cr, and the creator gets 500. Same for helmets and suits, with smaller fees. (And I a lame livery creator so I do not propose that to get credits easily :D )

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport and Horizon have had well-functioning auction houses for years The amount of folks in here thinking this is somehow a crazy idea, or something that needs to be completely reinvented from scratch need to take a look at the world outside of GT. The world outside GT has evolved, this is not a new or revulutionary idea, it's simply catching up.

Forza has something like this, but the system isn't very fun to engage with. A Trueno for $20 million like in FH4? Yeah, no thanks. Or the amount of time I've been bid-sniped and lost the bid at the last second. That's not fun, that's frustrating.

Forza Motorsport and Horizon have had well-functioning auction houses for years The amount of folks in here thinking this is somehow a crazy idea, or something that needs to be completely reinvented from scratch need to take a look at the world outside of GT. The world outside GT has evolved, this is not a new or revulutionary idea, it's simply catching up.
Yes and a 1 second search on google shows websites selling forza ingame currency. No thank you

That sounds way too complicated to be well balanced, I'm good if we are able to sell cars for like 75% the price of a brand new one, and that's it. They should keep it simple.

Yes and a 1 second search on google shows websites selling forza ingame currency. No thank you
And that impacts my gameplay how exactly? Zero, zilch, nada, nothing. You'd be completely stupid to use sites like that with the amount of money and cars the game throws at you for just playing the game. It's a complete non-issue. And just because a minority might abuse it, the whole thing should be discarded? This is the whole "there should be no livery editor because someone might draw a penis" conversation all over again (which was also a non-issue).

Fact is you can get lots of nice cars via the auction house, and often at a very cheap price. Does bidsniping happen? Yeah, sometimes it does. Are cars sometimes listed for a higher value than the dealership? Sure. But that's not the majority at all. 99% of the people use it to get rid of double cars and will simply list for whatever default the game suggests.

Oh, and did I mention the gifting system in FH5? You can just give cars away to random people, one of the most fun features in the game. :)

There must be a way that they could implement some sort of auction house that is totally anonymous. Hopefully that would inhibit any black market forming but still allow the feeling of some sort of buy/seller interaction.

There must be a way that they could implement some sort of auction house that is totally anonymous. Hopefully that would inhibit any black market forming but still allow the feeling of some sort of buy/seller interaction.
Black markets form when it's easier to pay a goldfarmer (or in this case: carfarmer) than it is to pay the developer/publisher. A direct result of games being stingy, grindy and/or having aggressive microtransaction systems. Players will always find the path of least resistance when it comes to grinding. If that path is not in the game, than that's the problem right there.

And that impacts my gameplay how exactly? Zero, zilch, nada, nothing. You'd be completely stupid to use sites like that with the amount of money and cars the game throws at you for just playing the game. It's a complete non-issue. And just because a minority might abuse it, the whole thing should be discarded? This is the whole "there should be no livery editor because someone might draw a penis" conversation all over again (which was also a non-issue).

Fact is you can get lots of nice cars via the auction house, and often at a very cheap price. Does bidsniping happen? Yeah, sometimes it does. Are cars sometimes listed for a higher value than the dealership? Sure. But that's not the majority at all. 99% of the people use it to get rid of double cars and will simply list for whatever default the game suggests.

Oh, and did I mention the gifting system in FH5? You can just give cars away to random people, one of the most fun features in the game. :)
Calm down dude. I don’t like it and I don’t want it. You have your opinion and I have mine.

The ability to sell cars for a fixed price to “the game itself” is sufficient. Gifting cars is once again asking for a black market to emerge and as such I don’t want it. Call me old fashioned or maybe is because I have kids and despise what some games are doing these days to get them hooked and to spend above what is reasonable.

Last edited:
Back