The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Given that it's not an optional download, I think that's a good indicaton of how many active GT6 players there currently are.

What if most of those 2.5 mil people are just like me that just checks the game for a few minutes after an update and then puts it back away for an indefinite amount of time when realizing that update was completely uninteresting? I think those numbers mean nothing when it comes to calculating active GT6 players.

What if most of those 2.5 mil people are just like me that just checks the game for a few minutes after an update and then puts it back away for an indefinite amount of time when realizing that update was completely uninteresting? I think those numbers mean nothing when it comes to calculating active GT6 players.

It's a possible scenario. They may be just like you, they may be just like me and play a couple of times a week for a couple of hours, they may spend hours every night racing, and participate in leagues, and photomode competitions, and be active in the tuning sections. This information we don't have.

Ask yourself this though. How many casual players would have known there was even an update to check for... and how would they have known? Perhaps they'd seen info about VGT on the web and given it a go... in which case, it legitamises PD's case for VGT to be in the game, and would signify that the manufacturers probably did have something to gain.. or perhaps they regularly play the game?

... but again, we don't know.

Perhaps you should try a different game.

It's a possible scenario. They may be just like you, they may be just like me and play a couple of times a week for a couple of hours, they may spend hours every night racing, and participate in leagues, and photomode competitions, and be active in the tuning sections. This information we don't have.

Ask yourself this though. How many casual players would have known there was even an update to check for... and how would they have known? Perhaps they'd seen info about VGT on the web and given it a go... in which case, it legitamises PD's case for VGT to be in the game, and would signify that the manufacturers probably did have something to gain.. or perhaps they regularly play the game?

... but again, we don't know.

Perhaps you should try a different game.

Been playing GT since the first one, so after 15 years, it's very difficult to let it go. So far I haven't found anything worth replacing GT with. At most, they will make me believe they are better than GT, but that only lasts for a few weeks. Some games have better features than GT, but fail at things that GT excels at. It's frustrating as hell.

That's what I keep checking GT after each update, hoping that they make the game I've been waiting for for so long. But so far, there isn't anything that can keep me playing; just things that drive me away from the game even more. This is by far the most boring and uninteresting GT ever, apart from the physics (and that makes it even more frustrating, because I can't go back to the outdated GT5).

Been playing GT since the first one, so after 15 years, it's very difficult to let it go. So far I haven't found anything worth replacing GT with. At most, they will make me believe they are better than GT, but that only lasts for a few weeks. Some games have better features than GT, but fail at things that GT excels at. It's frustrating as hell.

That's what I keep checking GT after each update, hoping that they make the game I've been waiting for for so long. But so far, there isn't anything that can keep me playing; just things that drive me away from the game even more. This is by far the most boring and uninteresting GT ever, apart from the physics (and that makes it even more frustrating, because I can't go back to the outdated GT5).

I understand where you are coming from. Personally I wonder if, after 15 years, you're not just getting a little tired of the genre? I don't mean anything by that against you, I too have been an avid fan since the original GT, and these days, the idea of playing GT appeals much more than actually playing it, and it's got nothing to do with any gripes I have about the game... any I do have are related to missing cars and tracks, or really minor stuff, it's just that it basically is the same old thing after 15 years ---- but what else can it be? It's a driving game... driving is driving, there is only so much you can do before it gets repetitive. It's why I'm keen for the idea of a track editor or livery editor, if we had those things, I may spend more time with them than I do driving.

What if there is another 2.5 million people that only check every 2 months for updates? And another 2.5 million people that haven't checked in over 3 months? They are all active to some degree.

We can 'what if' any figure and scenario you can think of. How would GTP look if we all did that in every thread?

I thougbt this would be the best place to bring this to attention. GT6 is no longer the only game to feature the Mercedes VGT. A mobile game called Dubai Drift has a licensed Mercedes VGT. http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=68108&PHPSESSID=901eb6a8449aea5803feca61387aa491&width=1920
I thought they were supposed to be Gran Turismo exclusive vehicles?
Highly doubt they actually licensed it, more like just put it in while whistling and expected no one to notice from the looks of the rest of the game.

From sorting the cars in garage by power/weight, the FT-1 has around 645 HP and weighs around 1000kg. The downforce levels are bit lower than I thought compared to other Super GT cars, but it's very well balanced. Probably the best handling VGT so far 👍

The FT-1 VGT is epic

It sounds as good as it drives. Corners perfect for my driving style, fastest VGT around a track to date. No surprise its a full blown racer, but wow this thing handles so good. All driving helpers turned off, its sweeeet.

The Toyota VGT is a good car but for what I was expecting, I can't help but be disappointed with it.

I was hoping It could be fine-tunable - It is not.

I was hoping It would have an interior - It does not. :(

I was hoping It could be paintable - It can not.

My fault for expecting such things, I guess. :indiff:

I thougbt this would be the best place to bring this to attention. GT6 is no longer the only game to feature the Mercedes VGT. A mobile game called Dubai Drift has a licensed Mercedes VGT. http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=68108&PHPSESSID=901eb6a8449aea5803feca61387aa491&width=1920
I thought they were supposed to be Gran Turismo exclusive vehicles?
They even have a FT-1 for its icon.

So yeah, its unlicensed. And when it gets a cash from the game i bet Sony will sue them.

Even though we can't fine tune the car (future update hopefully) but it seriously drives like its on rails. Best VGT car yet.

In the seasonal event it has some bad understeer unless you slam the gas to get the rear loose. Adding 9kg ballast @+50% (rear) makes it 50:50 weight distribution, handleing more nuetral imo.

Back