Ps2 Hd

• Thread starter Redsuns86
  • 12 comments
anyone know when the ps2 hard drive is comming out? if so, how much they thinking of selling it for???

...or is it only gonna be sold with FFXI ???

go onto the sony website - they're selling it now under the title of the Linux Kit (and have been for ages). I *think* it's still going to cost $200

Eh, the Linux kit is not the same thing as the hard drive kit. The Linux kit comes with a hard drive and network adaptor, but is a different product. It does not include software to allow the system to access the drive.

Originally posted by emad
go onto the sony website - they're selling it now under the title of the Linux Kit (and have been for ages). I *think* it's still going to cost $200

Seriously, who would buy something like that at $200. For about that in pounds I could probably buy a premodded PS2 or X-Box.

I have a feeling they won't release the HDD.

yea, yea, it's expensive as hell. Do a good search online and you'll find the software needed to make nearly any hard drive compatible with the ps2 for linux and whatever the hell else you want to do. The bulk of the cost is because it's not a high demand product & is intended for homebrew developers.

they claimed that they would release the HDD @ a projected cost of $100 with FF11 - we'll have to wait & see.

I think it's too little too late. It would only be good if all games could use it as a memory device, but the way the machine is built that won't be possible.

Sony f'ed this one up.

The Hard drive for the PS2 will be 40GB in size, will have FFXI pre-installed, and is rumored to cost $99.

I think it will be worth it depending on what else Sony throws in with it, what other functionality it will have, and if it can be used with the Playstation 3

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/182338.asp

It's not a rumor, that's been true for quite a while.

I get mine for free however. :) So I'm not worried.

And, the $200 linux kit came with a keyboard, mouse, linux, networkd adaptor, and a SVGA cable to hook your PS2 up to a monitor. If you think about it, you basically have yourself a $400 computer that can play video games too... plus it was only meant for hardcore Linux people.

Latest Posts

Back