Question about the G27 and GT5.

Portugal
Portugal
Metalmurphy
My G25 started pouring smoke out of the vents and I'm about to replace it with a G27, but I have some questions, I know that it's not fully supported by GT5 but I need some more precise info before I make a decisions. I was wondering if anyone here with a G27 could answer these questions.

- Does the clutch work?
- I know you can't configure buttons but what buttons work and what functions are assigned to them?
- Does the force feedback strength setting on GT5 work?

Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
Clutch works but you can't really be effective with it. You need to fully let go of the gas then fully depress the clutch THEN shift into next gear then release clutch and then hit the gas. If not done correct you will miss the shift. YOU CANNOT REV DURING SHIFTING. I heard kaz knew it was faster and made it this way on purpose.

Force feedback strength does work

And out of the 6 buttons on the wheel only two are pre programmed. One for look back and one for light flash.

I have a g27 and velcro'd an old controller to the center of the wheel. It fits well and is handy for goin through menus and you can set all the buttons to do anything you want. I can do more than the best wheels.

The g27 is a dream. Maybe gt6 will be supported!

Wait, you can't rev while shifting? Are you sure? I have a G25 and I know you can heel-toe on that, so are you saying that you can't do heel-toe downshifts with the G27? I think I remember that chilicoke guy posting up a video of him doing the heel-toe in his G27 setup.

Clutch works but you can't really be effective with it. You need to fully let go of the gas then fully depress the clutch THEN shift into next gear then release clutch and then hit the gas. If not done correct you will miss the shift. YOU CANNOT REV DURING SHIFTING. I heard kaz knew it was faster and made it this way on purpose.

Force feedback strength does work

And out of the 6 buttons on the wheel only two are pre programmed. One for look back and one for light flash.

I have a g27 and velcro'd an old controller to the center of the wheel. It fits well and is handy for goin through menus and you can set all the buttons to do anything you want. I can do more than the best wheels.

The g27 is a dream. Maybe gt6 will be supported!
I can curfirm this and MAY GT6 SUPPORT IT OR I SHALL RAGE MY VENGENCE!!!!

Oh man... it's worst then I thought.

Now I don't know what to do, Logitech can replace my G25 for a G27 only. I either get a new wheel with all those setbacks or keep playing with the G25 and risk it catching on fire or something :/

Arghhh.... I blame the online endurance races. They killed my G25.

It was probably shifting with the h pattern but no clutch. You can just bang gears without the clutch and that's fun but as soon as you use the clutch it's bad news.

You can't just leave your foot planted and hit the clutch and get the rev boost matching into the next gear (like I love to do in my firebird and cts-v). Foot must be off the gas = slow quirky shifts.

The g27 would have a huge advantage if it worked properly, hence the reason it doesn't.

Oh man... it's worst then I thought.

Now I don't know what to do, Logitech can replace my G25 for a G27 only. I either get a new wheel with all those setbacks or keep playing with the G25 and risk it catching on fire or something :/

Arghhh.... I blame the online endurance races. They killed my G25.

Why can't they give you another G25, did Logitech stop producing them or what? :odd:

Why can't they give you another G25, did Logitech stop producing them or what? :odd:

Yeah they did. Quite a long time ago actually. Considering G25s work perfectly on GT5 and it has the sequencial gearbox, and considering how rare they are right now, it'll probably be expensive as hell to get a new one.

Yeah they did. Quite a long time ago actually. Considering G25s work perfectly on GT5 and it has the sequencial gearbox, and considering how rare they are right now, it'll probably be expensive as hell to get a new one.

Besides the sequential option on G25, the G27 shifts the same.

I'm one of those who think the clutch works fine and going by engine sound, I believe I can shift as fast with the H as the paddles. Problem is its very hard to do it right for a whole race, DOOH!...that how real life is too..I miss shifts that I shouldnt in my real car too. If you time it right, a shift can be as fast as you can move the shifter

I love my G27. I mainly use the paddle shifters though, so can't comment on the clutch

I have a G27 and I use the clutch whenever I'm driving a car with a clutch, and I also use the accelerator and the clutch at the same time, whether I'm heel and toe'ing or not, and I've never had a problem with shifting that I can blame on that. If I ever have a problem shifting, it's usually because I'm trying to be super quick, and I F' up. I'm assuming I release the clutch too early, or never fully depress it, when I try to be quick.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my G27 driving experience, though some extra customization option would be lovely.

You can rev while you change gears. Yes you do need to release pressure on the accelerator but not completely. (This was in one of the patches for the game.)
Reving the engine while the clutch is depressed is fine.
Here's the order for changing gear.
1. Release pressure on accelerator
2. Depress clutch
3. Change gear (You can rev the engine now to match revs)
4. Release clutch and apply pressure to accelerator
5. Gear has been changed.

From my knowledge this is exactly the same as the G25.

And about the functions, it works the same as the G25, i.e. the buttons on the wheel do the same thing as the G25 (except the G27 has 3 buttons on each side of the wheel that all function the same).

Hope this helps.

And about the functions, it works the same as the G25, i.e. the buttons on the wheel do the same thing as the G25 (except the G27 has 3 buttons on each side of the wheel that all function the same).

Hope this helps.
[/B][/COLOR]

Ahhh, but the buttons on the gearbox all work right?

Back