[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
MrhrrrrjrrnsrnfsnsarraaAAHHHHHH!

@rallymorten @Jahgee1124

Rear rainbows take three now. Also, Jahgee, lookit the wing.

Porsche GT3 Jahgee's #24.png

@BKGlover, you deserve some kind of medal for that persistency.

I don't have a medal, so I'll give you this instead:

View attachment 281427
Thank you, rally. I appreciate that.

Now back to business. I'm close on the front, but I'm gonna have to take the rear piecemeal, meaning body panel matching first, then I'll fix the pillar. Reason? It will likely be easier if I cut up the layer, so I need a base to cut from.

Here's the latest effort.

Attachments

• Porsche GT3 Jahgee's #24.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 10
Thank you, rally. I appreciate that.

Now back to business. I'm close on the front, but I'm gonna have to take the rear piecemeal, meaning body panel matching first, then I'll fix the pillar. Reason? It will likely be easier if I cut up the layer, so I need a base to cut from.

Here's the latest effort.
Thank you so much, you made it way better than I ever could

Will that piece of Rainbow on the bumper be gone by the end of it?

Thank you so much, you made it way better than I ever could

Will that piece of Rainbow on the bumper be gone by the end of it?
What, you not want some "Rainbow Warrior" war paint?:sly:

Yeah, I'm actually about to start trimming some of the rainbow stuff, so next upload it will be gone.

GTR2_2015_01_22_09_47_35_438.jpg
GTR2_2015_01_22_09_47_39_110.jpg

Oran Park looks set to be the race with the most laps. If we can avoid a safety car (which we've done nicely for two races now), we can expect around 25. This, of course, makes the AI's pit strategy interesting, seeing as there'll be quite a few more chances to pit.

Oran Park looks set to be the race with the most laps. If we can avoid a safety car (which we've done nicely for two races now), we can expect around 25. This, of course, makes the AI's pit strategy interesting, seeing as there'll be quite a few more chances to pit.

With this new setup, I can actually make progress now. It's something for sure, but there's still some to be done.

Version Who-the-🤬-knows is now ready. Thanks for putting up with me rally.

Attachments

225.8 KB · Views: 9
GTR2_2015_01_25_12_11_34_382.jpg
GTR2_2015_01_25_12_11_41_830.jpg

samurai8juice
Question
Congratulations on victory. You've shown potential with lots of overtakes and a P3 in Mugello - now you've got a win to your name as well. How does that feel?
The win feels great. 'nuff said.
Question
Do you expect to see your virtual self on the top step of the podium again?
I do have high hopes for the podium again, but were not going to get too cocky like several weeks ago. How we had the podium and the next race we did really badly. But I can see myself on the podium again.

DurWinning

Question
A hard-fought 2nd place for you, surely this restores just some faith in your driver?
The 2nd place finish has reinvigorated myself and my driver. Let's hope we can get more of those or maybe even a few wins.
Question
Of the drivers to have benefitted from the tyre change, you seem to be the most fortunate - any explanation?
I have no explanation. Perhaps my driver is alot more capable when he gets the same set of rubber like everyone else.

DCybertron
Question
Two 3rd places in the season, a similar pattern to your form in preseason. Can you do any better?
Could I do any better? I hope I can, but for now I'll gladly take 3rd. Until then, challenge accepted.

Jahgee1124
Question
The new guy in the class, welcome to the :dopey:house. Not really in action in your first week, but maybe this week?
Well, if the driver could stop huffing DuPont Automotive Finishes, he might actually make the race.

Everyone
Question
Round 5, Oran Park. No longer in existance in real life, which I personally find a shame. What do you think we can expect will happen, racing-wise?
I really don't know what to expect.
I expect some carnage. But hopefully I can get another podium (if not, a Top 5 finish would be good enough).

As soon as I can get to do the voicing, you can expect Oran Park qualifying and race relatively soon after another 👍

Spoiler: Preview
gtr2_2015_01_25_12_11_34_382-jpg.297581
gtr2_2015_01_25_12_11_41_830-jpg.297582

Hmmm...Alright.

Update 1/24: Front fender rainbows have been compressed one pixel, for it to get any closer I'll probably start having to try and adjust the fenders and the hood units. More.....interesting is that on the back the blue band on the bit facing up is wider than the fender one, and the yellow one is narrower. Here's why it's interesting, all three are about the same width on the decal, meaning when it gets modeled, some of it is stretched and some is squashed. I'll get it done, but I may have to some odd reshaping myself. To avoid it, I'm testing simply stretching out the bit in question by 5 pixels, to see what that'll do.

Attachments

228.3 KB · Views: 9
GdE46LW.gif

Between a race I was just in and now this, I'm at my limit with my patience today.

2nd. I could rock bottom CodDemon for blocking me, but 2nd is still good enough for me.

Also, how the hell am I only 3 points behind the leader.

Three cars finished and were slower than me... I am desperate enough to be willing to call that an achievement.

I don't know if spoiler things are necessary, but everyone else is doing it, so I might as well.

@BKGlover

GTR2_2015_01_27_07_20_31_556.jpg
GTR2_2015_01_27_07_20_40_682.jpg
GTR2_2015_01_27_07_20_50_531.jpg

I also have this little thing for everyone (not tagging people, they'd just expect it to be another video :P ).

I figured halfway through would be a good time to sum up on my performance and slowly start working on the base for S2.

@BKGlover

I also have this little thing for everyone (not tagging people, they'd just expect it to be another video :P ).

I figured halfway through would be a good time to sum up on my performance and slowly start working on the base for S2.

Thanks rally. Progress is being made, but It'll be tomorrow before I get some work done. The questionnaire is completed.

I'm very happy for the victory, I got lucky on overtaking Dur Winning. Congratulations for Dur Winning for 2nd place, because we had an fight after I came to pits. DurWinning, if you hadn't tires too hot, you could probably have won. By the way, congratulations for all! This is my first ever victory on Porsche Cup. YAY!!!!

Back