Rallying Games for PS2 in the US

• Thread starter kistan
  • 17 comments
If this has been done before I do apologise. What good rallying games are available in the US seeing that WRC, Vrally and Colin McRae franchises (to the best of my knowledge) are European exclusive.

Sadly I believe none... as of now... There might be a SegaRally for PS2 that is under development but...(I've read about it on Gamespy or IGN)

For the U.S., X-box is the rally heaven...

I know the last McRae was out on PS2, and I saw the newest one for sale for Xbox last weekend. So the CMR franchise is available stateside.

Yes, there´s no new Rally games on the PS2 in US. Sega Rally 5 IS being developed for sure, there was a playable version on TGS if I´m not mistaken.

If you have a modded PS2 and a composite video you can play the Europe games with no problems.

There arent really any rally games released in the US because developers dont think it will be profitable.

Everyone who plays rally games agrees that The best rally game out right now is Richard Burns rally. No other rally game comes close to the realsim in that game. I have it for PC, but i heard the ps2 version is good also. There is a demo for the PC version if you want to check it out. also, check out www.gamespot.com and www.bhmotorsports.com and see what they have to say about Richard Burns Rally. http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RBR/movies
here are some videos and there is a link to the demo above.

A easier game to play w/ more of a focus on multiplayer and moddability would be Xpand rally, which has decent physics when compared to uber arcade games like Colin Mcrae Rally 05. It also has a pretty fun multiplayer, and is easy to mod. 👍
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/XR/movies
here are some videos and there is a link to the demo above.

Not profitable eh? X-Box owners seem to enjoy the thrills of Rally even in the U.S...

Sometimes I wish my PS2 was an X-Box... I can't believe I can't play the most enjoying motorsports that is out there...

Only hope is sega rally since I heard it might come with a random stage generator... That sounds cool.... But maybe US will miss that too... :guilty:

Was the Dakar rally 2 game out for the XBOX only? I've seens screens a while ago of it, and it looked very promising.

I thought Colin Mcrae Rally 3 and 2005 were on the PS2.

I rented C.M. 2005 for the Xbox. Its a good game. Just somethings bug me.

McLaren F1GTR
I thought Colin Mcrae Rally 3 and 2005 were on the PS2.

I rented C.M. 2005 for the Xbox. Its a good game. Just somethings bug me.

Not in the U.S. for PS2 though it is out for X-box... Whats up with the PS2 anyways?

Just wondering.........

How did the original WRC do in the US? Is there anyway to find out.

For those who have played all recent franchises (read: non us players), do you prefer WRC, V-Rally or CMR and why....

While the rest of the gaming community is waiting for WRC 4 & CMR5!!!!!

animateria
:) I know what I'm looking for this Christmas!! :)

That's about the latest Rally game that was available here in North America for the PS2 and I was desapointed with it and it was released more than 1 year ago.
For us, no CMR4-5, no WRC 2-3 and worst , no Richard Burns Rally.
Here in Canada and US, the only option for PS2 rally fans is to get a modchip so we can play imports rally games , or to get the PC-CDROM version of Richard Burns Rally ( that's what I did ).
I have to admit, I like V-Rally 3 because it's fun to play. But that game too was released at least 12 or 16 months ago
That's disgusting.

richard burns rally is freaking awsome. Its what finally got me to upgrade my PC and replace my geforce2 MX 400 64mb with a ATi Radeon 9600XT 256mb. I assume the PS2 version is probably just as good with not as good graphics. Try the demo out and see how it runs on your PC. Patches have recently come out to fix many bugs in the retail game, but the demo might run decently on your pc.

For us, no CMR4-5, no WRC 2-3 and worst , no Richard Burns Rally.

You really arn't missing out, trust me.
And for the love of god, if you have a PC, make sure you get RBR for that, it's god awful on the ps2.

*race starts, frame rate falls on it's arse*

^Really? That sucks! I was thinking getting RBR for PS2...

Decisions, decisions...

Gabkicks
richard burns rally is freaking awsome. Its what finally got me to upgrade my PC and replace my geforce2 MX 400 64mb with a ATi Radeon 9600XT 256mb.

I know what you mean, 2 weeks ago I purchased 1 copy of Richard Burns Rally PC version AND 1 copy of Grand Prix Legends ( at $ 14 Canadian , it's a steal )
RBR flies on my Athlon XP 2.5 CPU and my Radeon 9600, steady frame rate.
bU the way, my PS2 Logitech driving force works perfectly on my PC with those 2 games.
Looking at the bright side with RBR PC version is that it allows people to make mods for it ( new cars, paintjobs ) while the PS2 doesn't.

Latest Posts

Back