Revert all SRT cars back to Dodge

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 11 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=AA65986EA3D7E15DD7B0B9D474184352?&id=15625&mid=1

May 6, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - In conjunction with the outlined plans for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Chrysler Group LLC today announced that the SRT family of vehicles will be consolidated under the Dodge brand. Tim Kuniskis will lead this effort as he continues his role as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dodge Brand and head of the Company’s Fleet Operations. Ralph Gilles continues as the Senior Vice President of Product Design and President and CEO of Motorsports. The move is effective immediately.

“I want to thank Ralph for his dedication to the SRT brand,” said Sergio Marchionne, Chairman and CEO, Chrysler Group LLC. “Under Ralph’s leadership, the SRT brand expanded its vehicle lineup to include more highly customized models and received numerous automotive awards and distinctions.”

Therefore, the SRT manufacturer, in GT6 is no longer needed. The fact the game "retcons" all SRT-branded Dodges to SRT didn't help.

;)

I'm not even sure why the Challenger, Charger, Neon, and first 2 Vipers (and the GTS-R) is in the dealership when technically all of the SRT vehicles are sold under their respective makes, the SRT Viper was the only one listed as SRT.

Yes. Since the standalone SRT brand is dead, they should all be under Dodge again. Except maybe the '13 Viper, which was an SRT, not a Dodge. And the Chrysler 300 SRT and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, should they decide to add them. Though I think they just killed off the 300 SRT. And 2015 Vipers are Dodges again. And the Dodge Ram 1500 probably shouldn't have been under the Ram brand, as it's a 2004 (I think) and Ram wasn't a standalone brand until around the start of this decade.

It was partly mentioned here, but the 2004 Ram in GT6 is still officially a Dodge too.

Edit: Aaand tree'd.
As in it's listed under Dodge in the manufacturers? I thought it was listed under the Ram brand, which wasn't a thing back in '04.

As in it's listed under Dodge in the manufacturers? I thought it was listed under the Ram brand, which wasn't a thing back in '04.

I mean it's officially a real Dodge and listed wrongly in GT6. Exactly what you initially said :)

Back