Roadster 4-Hour Endurance

• Thread starter fm_1013
  • 24 comments
How the &^@#$ do I win this race, without being able to change the tires or refuel? After an hour and a half, my tires are worn out and everyone else starts overtaking. I could never catch up.

Last edited:
The AI lap times are around 1:10.000 +/- a second. Just about any Miata/Roadster/Eunos around 160-170HP, 900-950kg with Comfort Softs are going to win this. Be steady with your lap times, be smooth.

Your options (and suggestions):

The premium Mazda Roadster NC '07 with the oil changed, weight reduction 3, and a transmission tuned to make the top speed around 110 will win with Comfort softs and pit stops (2 total) every 80 minutes (1hr20mins). You'll do about 65-70 laps during this time. You need to do 200-205 to win. You only need to add about 35-45 liters of fuel for the entire race (I added 20L per pitstop) and this will save you time in the pits.

If you find your lap times too slow, make sure you have already purchased Sports tires (any grade, hard preferred as they'll last longer). Change onto them on a pit stop, if needed. Keep your lap times around 1:08-1:09.

If you just want to pound the AI into submission, strap the supercharger on the same car, raise the top speed, and put Racing Hard tires on it. That should insure victory and you should be able to pit as many times as you need.

How the &^@#$ do I win this race, without being able to change the tires or refuel? After an hour and a half, my tires are worn out and everyone else starts taking over. I could never catch up.

If I'm correct in understanding, you are having issues getting your car into the pit lane correctly.

For Tsukuba the pit entry lane is actually at the beginning of the last corner. If you try and enter the pits from any other point, or go in too fast, it will just send you straight through without changing anything.

I hope this has helped.

If I'm correct in understanding, you are having issues getting your car into the pit lane correctly.

For Tsukuba the pit entry lane is actually at the beginning of the last corner. If you try and enter the pits from any other point, or go in too fast, it will just send you straight through without changing anything.

I hope this has helped.

^^This,

I drifted the whole track for the whole 4 hours, it was the only way I could stay occupied during this boring race :P. I used the Premium Roadster fully tuned, I was way faster than them but drifting slowed me down a lot so it kept the field even.

I never understood how people, playing a DRIVING SIMULATOR, are having trouble getting into the pits. I'm sure he's trying to pit at 180 km/h while entering in it at the last second.

I usually slow down to 80-120 km/h. Sometimes at 60.

I hope this has helped.

Yes, I think that was the problem. Thanks.

I never understood how people, playing a DRIVING SIMULATOR, are having trouble getting into the pits. I'm sure he's trying to pit at 180 km/h while entering in it at the last second.

Wrong. I slow down for pit stops, and never had any problems on any other track. It seems this track is more glitchy than others.

I drifted the whole track for the whole 4 hours, it was the only way I could stay occupied during this boring race :P. I used the Premium Roadster fully tuned, I was way faster than them but drifting slowed me down a lot so it kept the field even.

You are aware that the competition is running stock cars, and that the Premium roadster is the fastest of the AI. Why are people complaining that the races are too easy if they use cars with highers specs than the competition?

I did it with a detuned Roadster on comfort tires. Time limit races don't gain you anything for using the fastest possible car (except boredom)...

As for on topic: Tsukuba pits are very unforgiving. You have to stay within the yellow pitline at all times. If you enter faster than the (stupid) autodrive can take you around the final corner within the pit line, you get ejected. Enter too late and you get a drivethrough penalty.

From a very similar thread:

This is the problem:

tsukubanopits.jpg

This is the solution:

tsukubapits.jpg

The pitlane entry is before the final corner. The pitlane is then separated from the track by a solid yellow line, a grass divider and then a solid yellow line again - and finally some cones. If you try to enter the pitlane somewhere that isn't the pitlane entry, you effectively get a drive-through penalty - you'll go through the pits on the limiter and be spat out without stopping.

Nope it just happens, late entry (not as late as in Famine's picture) just launches you back on track, sometimes spinning you out a bit.

You are aware that the competition is running stock cars, and that the Premium roadster is the fastest of the AI. Why are people complaining that the races are too easy if they use cars with highers specs than the competition?

I did it with a detuned Roadster on comfort tires. Time limit races don't gain you anything for using the fastest possible car (except boredom)...

Who said it was easy?? I had to change tires almost every third lap not to mention you don't get much of a lead at all :confused:I said it was boring, that track is way to small to hold an endurance race. If you actually read what I wrote, you'll notice my quote doesn't end at what you put in bold, read the rest and stop mis-quoting people.

Bluntified
"I drifted the whole track for the whole 4 hours, it was the only way I could stay occupied during this boring race . I used the Premium Roadster fully tuned, I was way faster than them but drifting slowed me down a lot so it kept the field even. "

I DRIFTED the whole thing, with a DRIFT TUNED Premium Roadster! I guess you don't know much about motorsports or you would have figured out that drifting is way slower than grip. By the way, I ran that race with less than stock tires, I used Comfort Hards! I was sliding all over the place.

..............Everyone's a freakin smart guy eh

I had the exact same problem. I entered the pit lane WAAY too late and got spat out. Then I "figured" that this race didn't have any pit stops. I was already 40 minutes in with 45-50 odd laps (I lapped these guys four times already with the DLC Roadster using racing hards, well-tuned and upgraded, averaging 1 minute laps (not that impressive really)). Anyway, I knew I would never make it without new tires so I quit!!! D:

40 minutes down the drain...

I hope this has helped.

Everybody makes this classic mistake now and again... But I don't blame them since we are used to the pitstop lane being very close to the finish line, and not at the beginning of the last corner.

It's a real pain in drift lobbies with tire wear on. Fortunately I'm not fanatical about times when drifting, so I can approach very slow to make sure I get in.

Everybody makes this classic mistake now and again... But I don't blame them since we are used to the pitstop lane being very close to the finish line, and not at the beginning of the last corner.

The only other courses I can think of that are like that in the game are Sarthe and The Ring, so it is definitely not a common thing to see.

I was in an online race series and I was fighting for the lead and I went into the pit at the correct point, but because I was trying to enter too fast it gave me a drive threw penalty. :(

i used a fully tuned mx5 305bhp racing softs doing 58sec laps, after 3hrs i was 25 laps in front got to 200 laps then parked up for the rest of it.

I usually slow down to 80-120 km/h. Sometimes at 60.
I tried putting multiple speeds from multiple points and failed until I came here and saw this. I always CERTAIN the pits were locked. There no ****ing reason I should have to enter the road that early and be going 30mph when I'm a half mile to the actual pit lane entry.

This one made me furious as I wasted almost three hours the first time attempting pit after pit before finally running out of gas and quitting.

I even tried pitting at 50 mph onto the insane early entry point and it still just kept bypassing the pit. Absolutely infuriating.

I tried putting multiple speeds from multiple points and failed until I came here and saw this. I always CERTAIN the pits were locked. There no ****ing reason I should have to enter the road that early and be going 30mph when I'm a half mile to the actual pit lane entry.
Yep, they want us to slow way down. I know, this got me a couple times, too.

Just now getting to do B-Spec enduros. I've got a '89 Roadster NA Special tuned to the max (~480 PP), the other cars are in between 380-390 PP, hopefully that's enough. I've noticed in other races that the Bobs have a hard time breaking away from the pack on this track, as it seems that you really can't go more than 3 seconds before encountering a turn.

Been working on a tune for this car, it's pretty solid even on Comfort Softs (you should always tune on worse tires than you plan to race on), but I'm still tweaking it. In running a few B-Spec races on the NR-A Roadster Cup, Bob is getting 1:12-1:14 with the pace bar at the minimum, while getting 1:06-ish with me pushing him hard. This is on Sports Hards, the endurance race allows Sports Softs, so I should be good, but who knows.

Should I try to run this race with only 3 guys? I did that with Grand Valley, but each guy ended up doing 3-4 laps with both strength meters completely drained. I have one guy at level 37, but he is getting old and starting races with only ~85% physical strength. Two other Bob's are level 31, and I just started to train a rookie who is only level 6. I know that endurance races can really level up young Bob's, but he might be an issue and drag the whole team down with him.

I went ahead and started this race, led off with my now level 21 rookie. He went into first before the first turn. I pushed him to the max for5-6 laps and built a 50 second lead. I let my team do as they pleased for the rest of the race. Finished 10 laps ahead of 2nd, and 20 laps ahead of last. Only had 2 minor issues...

1. Pushing Bob hard often led to wheelspin or near-spinouts at the hairpins. I didn't have that problem, but then I don't generally yank the wheel all the way and floor it, either.

2. My old driver recovered his strength at a much lower rate. Had I used ony 3 guys, they would had have to drive without full rest.

Latest Posts

Back