Ronalds Reviews (current: Praianos' AMG)

• Thread starter Ronald6
  • 198 comments
There are some race cars that have quite the personality. Just look at the Nissan R92CP. Twitchy at best, oversteery at worst, and that is on RS tires with full downforce.

Ronald6
NewDriver123 / Audi TTS Coupe '09

Stage 3: Full Tune
374hp@6.5, 1248kg, 500pp @ 547.3 miles
Drivetrain: 4WD
Weight Distribution: 60/40
Tyres: Sports Hard

Car borrowed, not made.

Times:
Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:42.437
Deep Forest: 1:26.144
Autumn Ring: 1:28.605
Cape Ring Full:

Feeling:

Technical:
Breaking distance is good, but should done in a straight line. Trail braking is OK, but slip trail braking is not productively possible.
Corner entry is OK. My wheel feedback feels good and is fingertip light. The front end body roll feels slow, but there is no delay in turn in. The under-steer doesn't hinder accuracy too much and the rear doesn't inhibit turn in. Both breaking and throttle only adjust the cars attitude so far, the car is hard to disturb.
Mid corner is good. The cars understeer isn't overbearing but any over-steer obtained is only momentary.
Corner exit is very good. As long as the car is properly setup the over-steer is hardly noticeable at this point and power delivery never overpowers the tyres.
Gearing is fine and evenly spaced. Power delivery feels muted.
Camber and elevation changing complexes don't disturb this car.
High speed corners must be entered with quite a bit of pre-entry.

Thank you Ron for this review . But what do you mean of the :
( power delivery feels muted )

Maybe because its heavy car but she is giving you the feeling of power save car even when you try to enter the high speed corners you will not get scare to be turn up side down :lol:

Take this car to High speed ring revers and try to use racing soft tires on it for online racing and see what she will do with you there . I know she is strong enough as i tuned for 60/40 40/60 shootout after i use the MR2 and tell me how it is there that if you have time Sir .

Thank you my friend for all the things you are doing it for the tuner to know how there cars feel in another hand 👍 👍

ND:dopey:

NewDriver123, the car doesn't have enough power to ever burn a tyre under any condition. I like the option to overpower the tyres for maneuverability, to help with rotation. This car only rotates so far, then won't rotate anymore.

Edit:
Just finished Cape Ring. I can't understand my time. Well under three minutes. For a 500pp on Sports Hard tyres that's very good. I'm going to take it to Cote d'Azur to see if I can come to a better understanding with its under-steer.

Last edited:
Ronald6
NewDriver123 / Audi TTS Coupe '09

374hp@6.5, 1248kg, 500pp @ 547.3 miles
Drivetrain: 4WD
Weight Distribution: 60/40
Tyres: Sports Hard

Car borrowed, not made.

Times:
Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:42.437
Deep Forest: 1:26.144
Autumn Ring: 1:28.605
Cape Ring Full: 2:58.561
Cote d'azure: 1:48.860

Feeling:
Slow body roll, quick reaction, underpowered, gentle persistant under-steer.
The car is deceptively fast.

At Cote d'Azures' hotel U the car, with the aid of e-braking, does a very nice even drift rotating well and exiting with power.
Ronald6
NewDriver2
Just finished Cape Ring. I can't understand my time. Well under three minutes. For a 500pp on Sports Hard tyres that's very good. I'm going to take it to Cote d'Azur to see if I can come to a better understanding with its under-steer.

This is good lap time for 500pp sports tires and also the time At Cote d'Azures 👍
I hope that you enjoy driving it and i will fix it to be had the slip opition in the rear part ;) .

Thank you Ron for the review .

ND:dopey:

OnBoy123 / Tommy Kaira ZZ-S

242hp@7.3, 875kg, 460pp @ 522.4 miles
Drivetrain: MR
Weight Distribution: 40/60
Tyres: Sports Soft

Car borrowed, not made.

Times:
Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:35.565
Deep Forest: 1:23.493
Autumn Ring: 1:24.236
Cape Ring Full: 2:52.099
Cote d'azure: 1:47.332

Feeling:
Unbelievably fun. Slipping from one 'attitude' to another is pure joy. Probably not good for pack driving.
If you like the feeling of being a cowboy breaking in a wild stallion then this car is for you.
The car feels at home on each of my test tracks.

Technical:
Turn-in is heavily dependant on pedal control. Under deceleration (loading the front) turn-in is sharp and rotation is very quick. Under acceleration (unloading the front) turn-in has some under-steer.
Mid corner is an exercise in rotation control. Many factors come into play here, but usually throttle control is the overriding concern.
Corner exit is a continuation of mid-corner. You must balance the cars throttle and steering through to the very end of the corner.
Breaking is short. Usually I say to break early and get on the throttle early, but rotation is so dependant on weight loading that breaking is a useful tool for sharp rotation. Full slip trail braking should be avoided.
Gearing is very good. The powerband is consistent and each gear enters about the same rpm. I never bogged or felt short of power.

Last edited:
Glad to see you did enjoy it like I thought you'd do. Maybe I should have used this instead of the MR2, no? :lol:

Praiano / Mercedes Benz SLS AMG '10

499hp@6.4, 1510kg, 550pp @ 0.0 miles
Drivetrain: FR
Weight Distribution: 45/55
Tyres: Racing Hard

Car made not borrowed. Painted matte black. Stock wheels.
Standard Setup
Tested online in ACS-Test-n-Tune lounge

Times:
Trial Mountain (Reverse): 1:28.893
Deep Forest: 1:17.071
Autumn Ring: 1:17.620
Cape Ring Full: 2:37.135
Nurburgring: 7:03.639

Feeling:
Half the time its perfect, the other half it's trying to kill me.

Technical:
Turn in is very pedal dependent and slightly vague at high speeds due to under-steer.
Mid corner is highly dependent on entry speed and pedal steering. Throttle will keep the back end in line, but too much (and there's usually enough pedal for too much) and the back will swing 'round. There is no room between pushing the front end with throttle and the rear swinging 'round. Over-steer for this car will always be matched with some under-steer, unless the rear is slipping out.
Corner exit has a tendency for 'maintaining attitude.' If I don't lift off the front will continue its turning motion regardless of steering inputs. To quote Praiano during our test session, "The downhill turn is fatal if too much input," talking about Trial Mountain's left corner after the hilly straight.
The car handles flat slaloms very well, slaloms with camber cause the 'ma' problem before the second half of the complex.
Some crests cause the car to stay air born longer than I would like.
The car soaks up the bumps from the road very well but the curbs cause problems, especially at high speed where weight shifts are very slow. Maintaining speed on Nordshliefs' high speed sections is very difficult, especially when in proximity to other drivers. It took me many laps to get a decent (not even good, just decent) hot lap on Nordshlief because I would lose it because of the vagueness during high speed driving.
The gearing is good. First is very short and virtually unusable. The rest are spaced nicely enough but I never use anything but the beginning of 7th. Stock gears, can't complain, they're usable.
On Nurburgring the 'ma' problem didn't manifest except on Bergwerk. Surprisingly it didn't happen on Aremburg. But I did watch Praiano nose in on the exit of the carasel, which I'm overly careful on.

Last edited:
I'll wait for your complete and detailed review, this car is special to me one of my most important tune, from here i've changed my way to set the cars.
It's a mark for sure in my garage.:)👍

Your enthusiasm for the tune was the reason I chose it.
That and most tunes are now out of date.
But seriously when I see that you like the tune as much as you do there must be something special in it.
My review must wait till tomorrow... kids.

My review of Praiano' SLS AMG '10 is done.

Thank you Praiano for the test session. It was enlightening.

My review of Praiano' SLS AMG '10 is done.

Thank you Praiano for the test session. It was enlightening.

Thanks, it was an epic test, the car is throttle dependant yes, i love this, it's a way to correct with high precision his driving line without moving the wheel. The right direction input listening to the tires. That's how evrybody need to learn to drive with a wheel at least, throttle control. Don't know how this car react with DS3.
Some behaviors like the softness of the spring was to match with the original PD tune. This allow a high level of mass transfer, you can feel the car very well and everything you do have a consequence imediately, but forgiving a lot.
For me this is the ideal car to learn advanced driving techniques on any track you want to.
Or you can do the mercedes driving academy on the ring. with the original one.

Thanks again, meet you on track soon.

praiano63
Result will be broken coconuts.

:lol: I am amused. :D

Ronald, perhaps I'm reading wrong or missing something contextual, but what is this 'ma' problem you mention in the SLS review?

Kwiko / Lotus Elise 111R '04

263hp@7.4, 959kg, 484pp @ ?
Drivetrain: MR
Weight Distribution: 49/51
Tyres: Comfort Soft

Car borrowed, not made. Saffron Yellow
(I might start using that color, call it saffRon yellow)
Standard Setup
(wait, TCS 1 and ABS 10? Ok, I'll try it)
Tested in the Seasonal Events British Lightweight Challenge

Times: (best lap with traffic)
Grand Valley east: 1:12.6xx (1:12.480 with TC off and ABS 1)
Trial Mountain reverse:
Fuji:
Cote d'Azur:
Toscana:

Feeling:
Think Spongebob Squarepants

Technical:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back