S7 licence bug ! ! !

Disabling assist just makes it even worse...spins out, slides. I give, can't be done on my game. Got all of the others on it, but not that one.

Did you pass IA-5 (Consecutive Corners in the Nissan R92CP at Le Sarthe) this is similar in the way the car handles but has even more grip/downforce.

It's frustrating people telling you it's pretty straight-forward but it really is.

Being 10 seconds off tells me you havent learnt the limits of the car i.e you're driving it like you would a normal race car.

SF-19 can brake later, brake sharper, and take corners flat out, it's like the accelerator is mandatory to control the car rather than the brake. Many of the corners are flat out.

Heres my Gold run (and I make a few obvious mistakes too), I've beaten it since a couple of times (best is 1:06:XXX) and have been learning to play without TC so will attempt it on TC0 soon. I'm on PS5 controller.

Honestly if you're 10 seconds off, you're too conservative with the car. Check the corner I take at 0:25 seconds in my video, even the GT7 Ghost car blips the brakes and steps off (I take it full throttle all the way round) I.e an example of how this car differs from others. Same for the corner I take at 0:54 in the video, straight after the corkscrew.

Some corners need the brakes, many just need some 'stepping off' (releasing the accelerator) to essentially brake and carry speed through

Last edited:
Well, I can't post replay, but finally did it! Passes. 1,12.945!!! Yeah, and thanks again to all! Now, to go for the final exam.
Congratulations! The final exam will drive you nuts too. Before you do anything, pause the time trial and go to settings and turn up the EV all the way so you can see the dry line on the road. Then just persevere. It’s doable. I’m not a fast driver at all but I managed to gold all the licenses with lots of reps, sheer determination, and a lot of expletives.

Honestly, I think the Nurburgring test was the worst of them all! Thank god I don’t ever have to do that again!

Congratulations! The final exam will drive you nuts too. Before you do anything, pause the time trial and go to settings and turn up the EV all the way so you can see the dry line on the road. Then just persevere. It’s doable. I’m not a fast driver at all but I managed to gold all the licenses with lots of reps, sheer determination, and a lot of expletives.

Honestly, I think the Nurburgring test was the worst of them all! Thank god I don’t ever have to do that again!
Heck, I was happy to get bronze! Thanks, I'll do the EV.

It has neither Nitrous nor DRS, it has an overboost feature that adds about 50 horsepower that drivers can use for something like 180 seconds per race.
How does one use it? Pushing R3 doesn't do anything.

Did you pass IA-5 (Consecutive Corners in the Nissan R92CP at Le Sarthe) this is similar in the way the car handles but has even more grip/downforce.

It's frustrating people telling you it's pretty straight-forward but it really is.

Being 10 seconds off tells me you havent learnt the limits of the car i.e you're driving it like you would a normal race car.

SF-19 can brake later, brake sharper, and take corners flat out, it's like the accelerator is mandatory to control the car rather than the brake. Many of the corners are flat out.

Heres my Gold run (and I make a few obvious mistakes too), I've beaten it since a couple of times (best is 1:06:XXX) and have been learning to play without TC so will attempt it on TC0 soon. I'm on PS5 controller.

Honestly if you're 10 seconds off, you're too conservative with the car. Check the corner I take at 0:25 seconds in my video, even the GT7 Ghost car blips the brakes and steps off (I take it full throttle all the way round) I.e an example of how this car differs from others. Same for the corner I take at 0:54 in the video, straight after the corkscrew.

Some corners need the brakes, many just need some 'stepping off' (releasing the accelerator) to essentially brake and carry speed through

Ok, so now.. how to pass the final exam?

Ok, so now.. how to pass the final exam?
S-10? Pray....

Seriously, S-10 is like the polar opposite of S-7, where you go from max grip to virtually no grip. Even though you could dip the inside wheels onto the wet kerbs at some of the corners, just stick to the dry line and don't push too hard. By far the two most difficult corners (for me at least) are Eau Rouge and Blanchimont, especially the 2nd part. If you can come out of those two corners in one piece (unfortunately Blanchimont is toward the end of the lap) and don't screw up too much for the rest of the lap, you should be good. Good luck!

S-10? Pray....

Seriously, S-10 is like the polar opposite of S-7, where you go from max grip to virtually no grip. Even though you could dip the inside wheels onto the wet kerbs at some of the corners, just stick to the dry line and don't push too hard. By far the two most difficult corners (for me at least) are Eau Rouge and Blanchimont, especially the 2nd part. If you can come out of those two corners in one piece (unfortunately Blanchimont is toward the end of the lap) and don't screw up too much for the rest of the lap, you should be good. Good luck!
100% agree.

My tip, before you despair... activate TCS on min. 1, plus ASM and countersteering on strong, that calms the car immensely and helps to get through the Eau Rouge and Blanchimont sections mentioned better.
In addition, it can help to activate the racing line. This is the area of the track that offers the most grip, try to keep the vehicle in the middle of this line and drive very fluidly.

Last edited:
100% agree.

My tip, before you despair... activate TCS on min. 1, plus ASM and countersteering on strong, that calms the car immensely and helps to get through the Eau Rouge and Blanchimont sections mentioned better.
In addition, it can help to activate the racing line. This is the area of the track that offers the most grip, try to keep the vehicle in the middle of this line and drive very fluidly.
I'm curious what the car was like pre patch 1.13 and what the top times are like now?. I'm sure patch 1.13 made the rear end more stable, but at the same time, I think that also made the car more understeery, which creates a different problem on its own. For Eau Rouge and Blanchimont, I just can't seem to carry as much speed through them as the top guys without losing control, and I found the car very difficult to slow down and turn at Bruxelles; it just understeers so easily and so much at that one corner (the inconsistent braking I get from the G923 brake pedal doesn't help either).

I'm curious what the car was like pre patch 1.13 and what the top times are like now?. I'm sure patch 1.13 made the rear end more stable, but at the same time, I think that also made the car more understeery, which creates a different problem on its own. For Eau Rouge and Blanchimont, I just can't seem to carry as much speed through them as the top guys without losing control, and I found the car very difficult to slow down and turn at Bruxelles; it just understeers so easily and so much at that one corner (the inconsistent braking I get from the G923 brake pedal doesn't help either).
I had the same feeling though. I recently did the licenses and CE with my second account. Some CE have also become "heavier" due to the patch... namely those where the car was well balanced before the patch. Tokyo with the Z4 as an example, the car was very neutral... now it understeers more.. the WRX there as well.

Without intending to offend them or even be insulting, I think they are "driving the wrong way".

Disable assistants if you use any.. This car is best to drive "pure".. at most you can use TCS1, but everything else makes you too slow.
Next, check your braking power.. very rarely do you need hard stops. At the same time, the car becomes stiff and understeers when trying to corner with heavy braking.
Approach the possible speed of this car, brake before a turn, but when you steer, reduce the brake force and let the car roll...
This was the advice that FINALLY got me Gold for S-7. I left ABS on though as I'd always lock up when braking. Also saw someone put brake balance fully at the rear. I think I've tried about 500 times. I yelled out and threw my hands up! Sheesh what a grind!

Cannot upload to youtube. Keeps wanting me to agree to terms, but no terms agreement page comes up. Guess I'll just trash the game. You guys have been great snd I appreciate everyone's help. I am saddened.
Try keep at it mate - try with assists off but maybe keep ABS on. TCS down to 1 and brake balance at the rear. I've spent ages trying to get there. It took so damn long. But the advice on here is good. Demo is helpful too (listening for gear changes/timing/etc).

Latest Posts

Back