Saturday Night Speedway sim game

• Thread starter Mr.Kwik
  • 25 comments
Hello, Does anyone have any info on this game? I ran accross some info at ign.com but thats it. This is what I know, it's made by Infograms/Atari you race Dirt Late models, streetstocks and sprintcars. supposed to be out march 2004. Thats all I know thanks for any info.

Actually they will be Dirt. Infograms/atari use Ratbag to build alot of their racing games like Sprintcar racing 2002. When they say "late models" they are talking about aluminum bodied cars,tube chassis, run on alcohol that weigh like 2400 pounds and have around 800 hp. Like the EXTREME Series. Sprints are also on dirt and "street stock" are like my car that i raced. (see avatar) all on dirt circle tracks.

I have Dirt Track Racing and its an OK game. I live in Maine and really all we have up here for those type cars are prostocks, which used to be called late models. I think they have something like 500HP, but I really cant remember, but im at the track everyweek during the racing season.

800-DSC_4014.jpg

They are a blast but very expensive. I live approx. 2 miles from the local track and on saturday nights (when not there) the house vibrates from the roar of about 25 late models taking the green flag. It's an Awesome show. Alot of people on this site talk about "drifting" , well on a 3/8 mile dirt circle you are sideways basically the whole time at speeds (in a late model) of about 100 mph or so.

I'm sorry if this offends you guys, but I personally see no point to racing those hideous hunks of wasted metal around an oval course. I think there's almost no skill needed and no point to the sport. It reminds me of a dog chasing his tail.

What would be neat to see them try, is to have multiple turns in their courses so it gives the drivers more of a challenge.

That's just my feelings on the topic, no need to get pissed over it, because they're just feelings, nothing more.

LOL, every thread gets them, they are like the common cold they are not severe or a major risk to your health but just a pain in the a@#.
Now for Everyone out there whom has ever driven in the Indy 500,Daytona 500, Outlaw sprintcars,Arca Remax,Busch, yada yada yada, you just don'y know what you are doing and this what you call "racing" is just a figment of your imagination! It can't be hard all you do is get in belt up put the car in gear and turn the wheel left!

just 4 you Toyomater...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mischievous:

Id rather turn just left than have multiple turns anyday, you probably think im a fool for saying it but ive grown up around the race track and ive learned to love the sport. I see much more than just a driver turning the car left, it actually takes a lot of work to make these thing just turn left and be fast. And belive it or not, skill is needed. If you get into a racecar and you dont know what your doing the only thing you will do is loose, and that goes for any kind of racecar not just one that only goes left.

Originally posted by musclecarfan
I agree Mr. Kwik

If racing on dirt was so easy every one would be doing it. And driving on an oval is harder than people think

You need to restate that. If it were so easy, why would anyone do it? Because it would be just like everyday driving if it were so easy.

And I'll retort by saying that the majority of people that do do oval track racing are usually too slow upstairs, Mr. Kwik might know what I mean, to understand more than one style of turn.

And as for you Mr. Kwik, 30 lol emoticons are annoying, unlike the post I put up above. I just stated my own opinion, and you took it directly, what does that say about your character, maybe you're a little too touchy...hmm, I don't know. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by toyomatt84
You need to restate that. If it were so easy, why would anyone do it? Because it would be just like everyday driving if it were so easy:rolleyes:

Isnt that pretty much the same thing i said?:confused:

and i live like 10 minutes from putnamville speedway and have tried to drive on dirt once. It is harder than hell alot of things to adjust to car changes constantly as the dirt gets dry and packs harder. Like i said once was enough for me. O and the car was sponsered by my work it belonged to a guy from our shop.

Originally posted by musclecarfan
Isnt that pretty much the same thing i said?:confused:

and i live like 10 minutes from putnamville speedway and have tried to drive on dirt once. It is harder than hell alot of things to adjust to car changes constantly as the dirt gets dry and packs harder. Like i said once was enough for me. O and the car was sponsered by my work it belonged to a guy from our shop.

Well what you said relates everyone to being in the sport, where as what I said, relates to nobody wanting to, because of it's ease. Little bit different.

I tried the dirt track in my uncle's car. He is sponsored locally and let me take a few turns round in it. It's not hard at all, atleast to me. I can see where the adjustments would make it a little more interesting, but it's too monotonous for me. I'm glad you like it. :D

If this is as good as World of Outlaws then I'm going to be very happy. If you don't own that game, you are doing yourself a serious injustice. Get out there and find WoO...it should be around $15 us by now.

I don't know who the develoment team is but if it is infograms and the same people who did WoO and Dirt to Daytona, then this is a sure hit. Throw in a $20 price tag and you have gold!

Originally posted by 16th&George
If this is as good as World of Outlaws then I'm going to be very happy. If you don't own that game, you are doing yourself a serious injustice. Get out there and find WoO...it should be around $15 us by now.

I don't know who the develoment team is but if it is infograms and the same people who did WoO and Dirt to Daytona, then this is a sure hit. Throw in a $20 price tag and you have gold!

I agree, WoO was a great game if they just used the Force feedback wheel. DtD supported the wheel and it was great. I hope the new game is made by Ratbag, they are an Austrailian based company that gives the "Dirt" community the respect it deserves. I know they worked with Infogrames on the last one so hopefully Infograms/Atari will help build an Online game like they do for the PC.

Are you sure it wasn't implemented? I seem to remember hooking up my Red MOMO and it worked but it was just dang hard to control. Seemed as if it was implemented to the n'th degree. In other words it was so sim like that it was impossible to control.

I'll hook it up tonight and see if my memory serves me correctly.

hay people i am new here and i was just curzen by here is a little bit of info about Saturday Night Speedway.

Saturday Night Speedway lets you jump into the cockpit of the fastest and most dangerous dirt track vehicles in the world. Players can race in three different vehicle classes: Street Stocks, Dirt Midgets and Late Models and go head-to-head with the brutal competition. Witness spectacular crashes and take on serious vehicle damage as the opposing drivers show you what stock car racing is all about. The game features 15 real-world tracks with oval, figure-8, d-shaped and tri-oval tracks and six fantasy tracks. A deep career mode lets you advance from local races to regional and national series and repair and upgrade your vehicles on the way

BH Motorsports has some great screenshots up. I was a little concerned about this game because everything I had seen had Atari listed as developer. After looking at the screens it is very evident that Ratbag is all over this game! WoO upgrade? The shots look great (could be from pc release, I'm not sure).

Icy Eldora included. Snow on Eldora could be a real good time. I suggest getting this one early because I'm guessing it will be a short print run and they will go fast to the people in the know.

Back